2021-2022 Burrell College of Osteopathic Medicine (BCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Guys!! I was accepted off the waitlist just now :)
Also, did you get a phone call or an email?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Also, did you get a phone call or an email?

I interviewed 4/19, waitlisted 5/18 and I received the email at 12:24 MT and they call then called me at 12:46 MT

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
If there was a wave of acceptances from the waitlist today, what are the odds that there will be another one soon? Feeling anxious

I interviewed 4/19, waitlisted 5/18 and I received the email at 12:24 MT and they call then called me at 12:46 MT
Congrats!!! Did you send a letter of interest or intent?

Last edited:
If there was a wave of acceptances from the waitlist today, what are the odds that there will be another one soon? Feeling anxious
My thoughts as well. Interviewed 03/31 and was put on waitlist 04/29. I’m scared that it might be over

I feel like there’s still movement. My deadline to submit deposit is 6/2. I saw several people get off the waitlist two days ago as well so I’d assume there will be more movement after 6/2 as people turn down the A

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
anyone know how many people are in the accepted students group me already?

Attachments

• 505A20A0-FFB8-4252-B240-897420ADCCE2.gif
    505A20A0-FFB8-4252-B240-897420ADCCE2.gif
    2.1 MB · Views: 71
OMG I JUST GOT ACCEPTED!!
Interviewed: 4/4
Waitlisted: 4/18

Just accepted off the waitlist too 😭

Reactions: 5 users
God I'm so tired, I'm on two waitlists. I've called and sent an LOI, I've been waitlisted since the beginning of April after I sent in my application early August last year. I don't have the mental energy to redo everything, I'm just tired.

• Care
God I'm so tired, I'm on two waitlists. I've called and sent an LOI, I've been waitlisted since the beginning of April after I sent in my application early August last year. I don't have the mental energy to redo everything, I'm just tired.
Don’t lose hope! I know everyone says it but really don’t. I was on 2 waitlists too. Sent updates and letters. This was my second time applying after receiving nothing last cycle and I was getting ready to retake my MCAT for the 5th time. Hopefully you’ll make it off on of the waitlists soon. But even if not, still apply for upcoming cycles. We still all have to go through this process all over again for residency, so you have plenty of time to learn from mistakes now, so you’ll have an easier time in the future when that comes. Lol I always thought about it as if I struggle now with application cycles for med school I’ll get through all the stress and should be okay for residencies.:)

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Don’t lose hope! I know everyone says it but really don’t. I was on 2 waitlists too. Sent updates and letters. This was my second time applying after receiving nothing last cycle and I was getting ready to retake my MCAT for the 5th time. Hopefully you’ll make it off on of the waitlists soon. But even if not, still apply for upcoming cycles. We still all have to go through this process all over again for residency, so you have plenty of time to learn from mistakes now, so you’ll have an easier time in the future when that comes. Lol I always thought about it as if I struggle now with application cycles for med school I’ll get through all the stress and should be okay for residencies.:)
Thanks for the encouragement, I feel you on being exhausted but if it was easy, it would not be worth it

Yeah, and some faculty. Around 20-30 are a combination of students/faculty
hi everyone, long time lurker here, but I am also on the waitlist. Just wanted to ask how true these numbers could be? if it is, then it's really good for us because there is still room.

Reactions: 1 user
hi everyone, long time lurker here, but I am also on the waitlist. Just wanted to ask how true these numbers could be? if it is, then it's really good for us because there is still room.
I'm dead lol, also love your name

A little over 30 people that are current students/staff are in the class of 2026 group.

They (admissions committee) continue to pull from the waitlist until the official start date for the class in July. In the past, they have offered seats during the first week of classes. There's still hope!

• Love
They (admissions committee) continue to pull from the waitlist until the official start date for the class in July. In the past, they have offered seats during the first week of classes. There's still hope!
Thank you all ^^ for the replies! This sounds promising, hoping for the best for all of us still on the waitlist!

Reactions: 3 users
Just got off the WL today!!!

• Love
Will be withdrawing my A. Hope it goes to one of you!!

• Love
I was accepted off of the waitlist this afternoon! (WL on 4/5)
Im so excited! Good luck to all still waiting!

• Love
Does anyone know why they won't give us any information about the waitlist? I really don't understand the refusal to say if there are 3 people in front of us, or 60.... It would certainly help me plan better. It all seems extremely unnecessary, and very frustrating for us :confused:

Does anyone know why they won't give us any information about the waitlist? I really don't understand the refusal to say if there are 3 people in front of us, or 60.... It would certainly help me plan better. It all seems extremely unnecessary, and very frustrating for us :confused:
I think it's to not build expectations or hope for those who are on the WL. And I imagine the WL order changes based on circumstance too. I was accepted almost immediately after I submitted grades for my SMP juts a few weeks ago. I don't know where I was exactly on the WL, but I don't really think there's a strict order. But I'm just guessing.

Congrats on the acceptance! If this is true, it seems like it’s because they are constantly updating the rank list. Could be updated MCAT, transcript, or LOI that could bump you up the list. That actually makes sense. Thank you for this information @ManicOperation!
Thank you! And best of luck to you and @hiyata - it seems like a ton of movement is happening right now.

Hello everyone! Does anyone know it they would officially send a cycle closure or rejection email? I am very anxious at this point, but I am still hoping

Congratulations on the acceptance @ManicOperation ! That's so exciting, best of luck!!

I don't know, someone HAS to know the actual order if it's ranked. It makes our lives so much better if we know where we stand to prepare. If I was informed that I was in the next 5-10 I would start looking for housing and preparing just in case. And vice-versa if I was in the last group I would start preparing an application with a new mcat etc. Being ghosted and in limbo, for anything really in my opinion is much more frustrating than an outright "no."

But it does seem like a lot of movement is going on now so we'll see! @drduckworth I think they don't send them out until after the first day of classes... :(

BCOM is my number one but I've been accepted elsewhere and I need to start solidifying living arrangements. I'm willing to hold out a little longer on BCOM's waitlist. Any advice? I'm thinking about contacting admissions to be transparent.

BCOM is my number one but I've been accepted elsewhere and I need to start solidifying living arrangements. I'm willing to hold out a little longer on BCOM's waitlist. Any advice? I'm thinking about contacting admissions to be transparent.
You should definitely reach out to BCOM and tell them that you have another offer but BCOM remains your first choice and if they can give you a response or any feedback. I actually did this and got a response back quick!

Seeing everyone get off the list gives me hope 😄 Congratulations!!

Can anyone who is a current student at BCOM message me? I am an accepted student, am anxious, and have a lot of questions. If you're patient enough, I would love to talk. Thank you.

Hey y’all! Should we still expect some movement or that should be it for this cycle? Thank you!

• Care