Drexel DPMS 2015-1016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Argh they never answer the phone. I keep trying to call to confirm that my transcripts and LORs are received but no answer. Now I am worried about submitting the application on Monday and not a few days ago...hope i get marked complete on time

Members don't see this ad.

Argh they never answer the phone. I keep trying to call to confirm that my transcripts and LORs are received but no answer. Now I am worried about submitting the application on Monday and not a few days ago...hope i get marked complete on time

Email them! They usually respond within one business day.

Members don't see this ad :)
Email them! They usually respond within one business day.

Hahah! I just emailed them and actually got a hold of someone. She could not tell if my transcripts were and LORs are there because my application has not been submitted!! Apparently they dont go near the stack of transcripts and LORs until they start getting the electronic submissions in the order they come in.

oh well.. I hope for this best. I hope i get marked complete by the deadline.. or maybe u just need to have everything in by the deadline.. not necessarily get the complete email?

Thank you so much to those who've been responding to our many questions.

I am interviewing on May 1st and really excited about the prospect of being accepted into this program.

I have a question about the lecture set-up (again, sorry). If the lectures are broadcasted from a different classroom, do the DPMS students
sit in their own classroom and watch it streaming live? It might be a stupid question but I'm trying to picture that playing out as I am someone who prefers the professor being present to ask questions on the spot. For those who've gone through the program, how does it feel to ask a question remotely when the prof is really focused on those he's teaching in his classroom? is it awkward? I guess I would feel like I'm intruding if I were put in that spot. Is it better received when questions from DPMS students are asked before or after the class?

Reactions: 1 user
Hahah! I just emailed them and actually got a hold of someone. She could not tell if my transcripts were and LORs are there because my application has not been submitted!! Apparently they dont go near the stack of transcripts and LORs until they start getting the electronic submissions in the order they come in.

oh well.. I hope for this best. I hope i get marked complete by the deadline.. or maybe u just need to have everything in by the deadline.. not necessarily get the complete email?

Oh, did not know it was not submitted. Yeah they did not start updating me until AFTER my application was submitted, although some of my documents were already in.
I dont think it matters whether you get the complete email before the deadline or not, as long as ALL YOUR DOCUMENTS are submitted before the 24th.

Thank you so much to those who've been responding to our many questions.

I am interviewing on May 1st and really excited about the prospect of being accepted into this program.

I have a question about the lecture set-up (again, sorry). If the lectures are broadcasted from a different classroom, do the DPMS students
sit in their own classroom and watch it streaming live? It might be a stupid question but I'm trying to picture that playing out as I am someone who prefers the professor being present to ask questions on the spot. For those who've gone through the program, how does it feel to ask a question remotely when the prof is really focused on those he's teaching in his classroom? is it awkward? I guess I would feel like I'm intruding if I were put in that spot. Is it better received when questions from DPMS students are asked before or after the class?
DPMS students are with IMS. Students with it getting broadcast on a big screen. The professors are cognizant of us to the point they repeat all questions asked by the students on queen lane campus. They don't mind interruptions and reviews for exams are in person

Reactions: 1 users
DPMS students are with IMS. Students with it getting broadcast on a big screen. The professors are cognizant of us to the point they repeat all questions asked by the students on queen lane campus. They don't mind interruptions and reviews for exams are in person

Thanks a lot! I assume all or most classes are set-up this way then, other than the reviews?

How do you all take exams/quizzes?

Only the medical school classes. The grad classes(anatomy, medicine and society, pharm for my year) are your traditional setting up.
We took quizzes on the ipad(could use a computer) tests were regular scant tons at same time as the med students in different locations and proctors. Tests may be on iPad as well if micro anatomy like doing that but we are not sure.

Hello,

I was just wondering what the day-to-day life of a DPMS student looks like (daily schedule, workload, time for social life, etc).

Ex: What time classes start? End? Breaks? etc.

Last edited:
Breaks are same as first year IFM so Winter break for like two weeks, one week spring break.(which since it's near the beginning of April tracks one don't really have that break)

Last edited:
My day is typically starts at 7am with the gym then classes vary by day but usually run from 9-3 and I study from five to 11 on a non test week and go to bed my midnight. We are actually discourage from joining extracurriculars or volunteering for the most part. In fact the only volunteer opportunity they let us know about is the MLK day of service(point being they want us to spend our time studying so we make contract). My interview was on May 28(last day) and I along with everyone else was accepted on June 6. The summer portion started June 22 and ended July 31. Orientation was August 3-5 and classes began August 11. Loan disbursement was kinda messed up this year do to a new law passed by congress stating that certificate programs did not qualify for federal loans so we got an emergency loan on 2500 two weeks later and the disburbment based on institional loans was given three weeks after that. Disburbment timeline should go back to late July this year when they convert DPMS to a one year master program. Exams are on a irregular schedule but typical every three-five weeks with two quizzes in between.

Reactions: 3 users
But it's not a regular basis for the medical school classes

Members don't see this ad :)
I was complete March 19th and got an official rejection e-mail today. I'm not too shocked because my stats were a bit below their average MCAT and GPA.

Anyway, I'm all set to attend PCOM-PA MSBS in the Fall.

Good luck to those of you with interviews! :)

I was complete March 19th and got an official rejection e-mail today. I'm not too shocked because my stats were a bit below their average MCAT and GPA.

Anyway, I'm all set to attend PCOM-PA MSBS in the Fall.

Good luck to those of you with interviews! :)
Congrats on PCOM-PA. Do you mind sharing your stats?

I was rejected today. :( Good blessings to everyone! I pray you guys get in!! I'll try again next year! :)

If I submit my application on Monday is there a chance I might not be complete by Friday (Aug 24)? Based on my schools and Interfolio all my transcripts and LORs should be at Drexel. I just want to get my app looked over by some friends before I send it out the door. I think at this point its better to send out something really polished.

When you submit and paid the application fee, it states in the e-mail to allow a minimum of 2 weeks for the supplemental material to be associated with your application. It took mine exactly 2 full weeks. You can't call them either. The REPs will tell you, there's too many mails in the mail room. They cannot give you a status update. All communication will be sent via e-mail and it will tell you to submit everything by Friday, August 24.

I advised if you were to send any supplemental material at this point, make sure it has a tracking number. Like certified mail. Things like MCAT score and LOR can be disassociated easily. I had to send mine in twice.

@longroad2here and @petitchat2006 I apologize if my post was perceived as pretentious. I meant to put a question mark, which would've changed both context and tone. Nonetheless, look at @Doctor_Faith07 post. She just heard about the rejection today which is terrible because the deadline hasn't even come. Also, I know two people who got II and were complete late March whereas mine was complete in late February. Perhaps I'm worrying too much but I guess not hearing anything for now is still better than getting a rejection letter/email.

@longroad2here and @petitchat2006 I apologize if my post was perceived as pretentious. I meant to put a question mark, which would've changed both context and tone. Nonetheless, look at @Doctor_Faith07 post. She just heard about the rejection today which is terrible because the deadline hasn't even come. Also, I know two people who got II and were complete late March whereas mine was complete in late February. Perhaps I'm worrying too much but I guess not hearing anything for now is still better than getting a rejection letter/email.
I forgot to add that I submitted my app in Dec and was complete by Dec. 16th. Maybe that's why I received an early rejection. Not sure but don't stress! I'm sure things will work out for you guys!

I was rejected today. :( Good blessings to everyone! I pray you guys get in!! I'll try again next year! :)
Sorry to hear that. When I called last week, they emphasized that they do NOT start making decisions until after the deadline.

Sorry to hear that. When I called last week, they emphasized that they do NOT start making decisions until after the deadline.
Oops!! Oh wow. Maybe I shouldn't have said anything. Lol.

Oops!! Oh wow. Maybe I shouldn't have said anything. Lol.

On the contrary. Thank you for sharing your status. It not only serve as a reference for future applicants but also shows that whatever information is obtained from the admissions office should be taken with a grain of salt. Good luck with your future application!

On the contrary. Thank you for sharing your status. It not only serve as a reference for future applicants but also shows that whatever information is obtained from the admissions office should be taken with a grain of salt. Good luck with your future application!
Haha. You're so welcome! And thank you!! I really appreciate it! :)

I can't believe people are getting rejected already... ._. I'm not even complete yet @.@ is there any bias towards in-state students? I'd think not since Drexel is private but it doesn't hurt to ask

Question please: for the FAFSA application what kind of degree do we select that we will be working on? And will Drexel university work for whichever programs?

I can't believe people are getting rejected already... ._. I'm not even complete yet @.@ is there any bias towards in-state students? I'd think not since Drexel is private but it doesn't hurt to ask
I think rejections that are sent out now are for applicants that don't meet the 'disadvantaged' status. Also if MCAT and GPA don't meet the requirements.
Don't quote me on this but I don't think there's a bias to in-state applicants

Also if MCAT and GPA don't meet the requirements.
Do you think it works both ways? Meaning, do they have minimum and maximum GPA/MCAT to exclude someone from the process (assuming they meet other requirements)?

Do you think it works both ways? Meaning, do they have minimum and maximum GPA/MCAT to exclude someone from the process (assuming they meet other requirements)?
Yeah, I think if you have a high GPA and high MCAT, they expect you can get into med schools through the regular application.
I know for sure they are strict about the 2.9 requirement too so anything below will be a red flag.

No in state vs out of state bias (vast majority of my class is out of state)

Is there a way to send transcripts electronically?
Also, how can we indicate we waived our rights to see our LORs if they're sent electronically from professors/recommenders?

For anyone wondering. For FAFSA. You say that you're working on a 2nd bachelor's degree. And just Drexel university for the school. For some reason I thought we would have to select something else . But yeah

For anyone wondering. For FAFSA. You say that you're working on a 2nd bachelor's degree. And just Drexel university for the school. For some reason I thought we would have to select something else . But yeah
Thank you! I was wondering about this as well.

Good luck to everybody interviewing this week. I am praying for all of you guys.

Reactions: 5 users
Hey all! I'm new to sdn (kind of, besides the fact that I've been reading it silently for a couple years lol), but I figured I'd jump on and say hi since I applied to DPMS this cycle too! I'm super nervous... Complete on 4/13 and my biggest fear is my sgpa which is 2.89! So close. Good luck to everyone!!!

Hey all! I'm new to sdn (kind of, besides the fact that I've been reading it silently for a couple years lol), but I figured I'd jump on and say hi since I applied to DPMS this cycle too! I'm super nervous... Complete on 4/13 and my biggest fear is my sgpa which is 2.89! So close. Good luck to everyone!!!
Hey!! Good luck to you. I'm kind of in the same situation as far as science GPA...hoping for the best!

Hey everyone! I'm totally new to SDN but I first wanted to say thanks so much to all the current/past students for sharing their experiences it REALLY helped. I am scheduled for an interview on May 1st and was wondering if anyone has been through an interview yet and could share what to expect?

Thanks!

Reactions: 2 users
For sub 2.5 you need to have C's in your prerequisite classes regardless of gpa(they consider repeats) if you have that then it depends on the rest of application if not then master gpa and 33 MCAT wont help you. That is the only requirement really set in stone because it's a requirement for all their med students(that probably what they are filtering out in GPA )
For the late submissions for the third time as long as it is in before the deadline you'll be find. Just get everything IN by then not postmarked to be safe
Interview:paper at beginning, the one on one(best pro tip know your application inside and out including fun nothing to do with medicine extracurricular activities because they will ask that too) student tour(students have no say but if you are the most complete and utter(pardon my French) jackass to the students they will let the admissions committee know that so be cool to them most are taking time out of step one prep to meet with you don't be rude)
Disclaimer:interview format may change year to year and I did this last year.

Hey!! Good luck to you. I'm kind of in the same situation as far as science GPA...hoping for the best!

Hopefully we will be fine!! My cgpa is above 3.0 and I hope my essays can speak volumes to make up for my science gpa. When were you complete?

Is it best to double space essay responses for application? Or does it not matter.

ALL 3 of my letters were sent via email (i double checked with the office first and they saaid it was more than ok, as long as LOR are sent from the people who write them, ie school email and/or on a letter head), and they received it!

Interviewed today! I was the only one that chose the first interview date, so I had a one on one which was awesome! Everything went well and everyone was really nice. My interview was pretty consistent with everyone's from last year. Started with an essay prompt, followed by an interview with Dr. White (enjoyed talking to him), tour of the campus, and finally lunch with a medical student who was very informative :) Overall, awesome day! Now, time to wait... Good luck everyone! I was told they would not notify everyone about acceptances until on or after May 28th. :cat:

Reactions: 12 users
Congrats! Good luck and thanks for the update :)

Interviewed today! I was the only one that chose the first interview date, so I had a one on one which was awesome! Everything went well and everyone was really nice. My interview was pretty consistent with everyone's from last year. Started with an essay prompt, followed by an interview with Dr. White (enjoyed talking to him), tour of the campus, and finally lunch with a medical student who was very informative :) Overall, awesome day! Now, time to wait... Good luck everyone! I was told they would not notify everyone about acceptances until on or after May 28th. :cat:

Hey! That is great your interview went great! I'm kind of nervous because my interview is a week from today, but I feel I am prepared. Any pointers or words of advice? Your feedback will be greatly appreciated! :)