Drexel DPMS 2015-1016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey! That is great your interview went great! I'm kind of nervous because my interview is a week from today, but I feel I am prepared. Any pointers or words of advice? Your feedback will be greatly appreciated! :)
(1) Be kind and respectful to everyone you encounter, (2) Know your application, (3) Write neatly and in small print on your prompt, (4) Know what makes this program a fit for you, (5) Bring chapstick, (6) Don't be an "over-achiever," and (7) Treat it just like you would a medical school interview.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
(1) Be kind and respectful to everyone you encounter, (2) Know your application, (3) Write neatly and in small print on your prompt, (4) Know what makes this program a fit for you, (5) Bring chapstick, (6) Don't be an "over-achiever," and (7) Treat it just like you would a medical school interview.
Okay thank you!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I did, thanks for asking. My last LOR was sent last week thank God!
Are you complete?

Thank you for sharing your experience. And I think it's awesome you got one-on-one attention. They'll definitely remember you :)

I was wondering if you wouldn't mind sharing what type of essay prompts we might get? You don't have to share the exact question but just maybe what category? i.e medical ethics, healthcare policy, etc? Also how much were you expected to write?

~TIA

Reactions: 1 users
Thank you for sharing your experience. And I think it's awesome you got one-on-one attention. They'll definitely remember you :)

I was wondering if you wouldn't mind sharing what type of essay prompts we might get? You don't have to share the exact question but just maybe what category? i.e medical ethics, healthcare policy, etc? Also how much were you expected to write?

~TIA
My prompt was a very general ethical question. You aren't expected to write more than the front page, so no worries. It was actually harder not to write more. Trust me, it's not difficult, you don't have anything to worry about. Just go in there, be yourself and be confident. Make sure your handwriting is neat!

recently submitted my application here...hoping for some love!!

Reactions: 4 users
Question about filling the pre-application, how do we enter repeated classes? Do we enter all of them (classes and repeats) or just the highest grade? Do they do grade replacement?
Hey I'm working on the application hopefully Im not too late. But what is the pre-application? Is that just the BCPM sheet? Also can someone help me do we just fill out that paper and where do we submit it? Thanks guys just hoping to get the app finsihed in time.

When you add courses it gives you a drop down option to select undergrad or grad. Just pick the correct one

Thank you so much for the help! One last question you guys know for the essay questions it says describe your extracurricular activities, volunteer etc did you guys write these like in essay paragraph form or just list each activity with description on them? Same with question for the employment?

Thank you so much for the help! One last question you guys know for the essay questions it says describe your extracurricular activities, volunteer etc did you guys write these like in essay paragraph form or just list each activity with description on them? Same with question for the employment?
I did paragraph format, but since it's mostly descriptive it's not very essay-like lol.

Also, shout out to the 4/22 interviewees! Yesterday was really awesome and exceeded all my expectations. Looking forward to hopefully seeing you as classmates!!

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I did paragraph format, but since it's mostly descriptive it's not very essay-like lol.

Also, shout out to the 4/22 interviewees! Yesterday was really awesome and exceeded all my expectations. Looking forward to hopefully seeing you as classmates!!
I second that statement!!!...i really enjoyed it...this wait is about to be nerve racking... good luck to all that will be trying their hardest to wait out for June, I hope to join you all as classmates, and good luck to those applying. They let us know that they still have quite a few applications to review, but there will definitely be many more opportunities out there to interview and be accepted, so don't lose faith.

Reactions: 2 users
Hey everyone, new to the forum. I just wanted to thank everyone who contributed to all of the helpful information! And congrats to everyone on the interviews! I'm currently finishing my application, and then on to the waiting game. Wanted to wish everyone good luck on getting an invite and on their upcoming interviews! :)

Hey everyone, new to the forum. I just wanted to thank everyone who contributed to all of the helpful information! And congrats to everyone on the interviews! I'm currently finishing my application, and then on to the waiting game. Wanted to wish everyone good luck on getting an invite and on their upcoming interviews! :)
Same to you :)

To those that have interviewed, did they mention the proposed start date of the program?

To those that have interviewed, did they mention the proposed start date of the program?
June 22 if I recall correctly. That's when we'd start. They make the decision on May 28 and will try to get back to us ASAP after that, but regardless will try and give us a two weeks notice of our decision. But that summer housing is available for us so that will make the hectic life-altering news easier to plan for lol.

Hi all. I am new to this as well. The time is getting near that we should be hearing if we get intivted for an interview. Butterfies anyone? Do you think we will hear back starting tomorrow, April 24th or Monday, April 27th ?

This is my first post, though I referred to a lot of the previous posts while I was completing my app. Just wanted to say good luck to everyone, and thanks to those who shared helpful tips! :)

When was your file complete? The application deadline is April 24th, so it may be some days yet until we begin to hear of more interviews, but anything is possible. The ball is in their court and time means nothing in this game!!! I hope it's super quick. That would be great.

Hi all. I am new to this as well. The time is getting near that we should be hearing if we get intivted for an interview. Butterfies anyone? Do you think we will hear back starting tomorrow, April 24th or Monday, April 27th ?
Hey, when I received the complete email, (Friday 17th) it stated invites won't be sent out till after the deadline, so probably starting from Monday. All the best :)

June 22 if I recall correctly. That's when we'd start. They make the decision on May 28 and will try to get back to us ASAP after that, but regardless will try and give us a two weeks notice of our decision. But that summer housing is available for us so that will make the hectic life-altering news easier to plan for lol.
Thanks for the reply :)

Thanks everyone for the great advice! I'm also new to posting but a previous stalker of anything DPMS related. I just submitted my app and all I can do now is pray for an interview! Good luck everyone! :)

The DPMS thread for 2013-2014 ended at Page 5. 2014-2015 at Page 12. We are currently at Page 10, wanna bet we'd end at 24? haha.

Just trying to distract myself from the waiting game!!! Good luck everyone!!! Also thanks everyone who provided info!

I really hope they send more invites next week. I hate waiting lol

I really hope they send more invites next week. I hate waiting lol
Lol I'm not even checking the portal anymore. I'm just going to wait and hope to get an e mail about an interview. Checking and see the same thing sucks lol

Also, June 15th is a possibility, but I'm hoping for the 22nd!

Also, June 15th is a possibility, but I'm hoping for the 22nd!

Same. I would definitely prefer the 22nd.

Also, last year the second wave of invites came out on the 29th. This year and last the first batch came out on April 8th, so let's hope next week brings us good news.

just fyi to the folks waiting for an interview...they said they will interview 75-100 this year which means a lot of interviews still to be conducted. Also I think the next set of interviews will roll out probably after May 1st as that was the last day offered to the first batch of interviewees, so don't freak out if you don't hear anything back right after the deadline...they have to meet and review a lot of apps for interviews. As stated earlier in this thread, the committee will meet for final decisions on May 28th, so as long as you have interviewed prior to that date, you have just as much of a chance as anyone else...good luck.

Last edited:
How long was everyone's disadvantaged status essay? I feel like mine was too long

Mine was a paragraph. I tried to be concise and to the point in everything I had to say because I know they go through a lot of applications.

Hey Guys,

When you submit your app do you guys get a confirmation email or anything saying its submitted? I submitted yesterday but didnt get any email, I also attended a webinar so my fee is waived. But I am afraid I may have some issues like previous posters who said they thought they hadn't paid so they had to email to them? At the webinar they told us we didnt have to do anything and not to email them about it though :( Sorry Im just nervous because i dont want my application never to be looked b/c I didnt pay .

Hey Guys,

When you submit your app do you guys get a confirmation email or anything saying its submitted? I submitted yesterday but didnt get any email, I also attended a webinar so my fee is waived. But I am afraid I may have some issues like previous posters who said they thought they hadn't paid so they had to email to them? At the webinar they told us we didnt have to do anything and not to email them about it though :( Sorry Im just nervous because i dont want my application never to be looked b/c I didnt pay .

Honestly, I'd email and ask to be sure or even give them a call to make sure it went through. That's what I did and they got back to me relatively quick. It took some time for me to get the confirmation email, I don't remember how long, but it wasn't instantly upon submitting my app.

Honestly, I'd email and ask to be sure or even give them a call to make sure it went through. That's what I did and they got back to me relatively quick. It took some time for me to get the confirmation email, I don't remember how long, but it wasn't instantly upon submitting my app.
I emailed them on Wednesday asking about that, and I haven't gotten a reply. Has anyone else emailed them recently (within this week) and gotten a reply?

Lol I'm not even checking the portal anymore. I'm just going to wait and hope to get an e mail about an interview. Checking and see the same thing sucks lol
What portal?

I didn't get the e-mail that my application is submitted until I paid the fee online. You may want to call the office regarding this.

How long was everyone's disadvantaged status essay? I feel like mine was too long

There's a character limit of 2000 (with space). I used the full 2000. Initially, it was 4000.

There's a character limit of 2000 (with space). I used the full 2000. Initially, it was 4000.

Yeah, I had to use the entire 2000 as well. But at one point I just couldn't decrease it anymore so I gave them a call and they told me that it is okay to just go over, just email it to them because there's no limit on how long it can be.

I tried to make it to the point so there is not a lot of extranious information, but I did have a long story to tell. I'm just hoping they don't think that I wrote entirely too much LOL

Yeah, I had to use the entire 2000 as well. But at one point I just couldn't decrease it anymore so I gave them a call and they told me that it is okay to just go over, just email it to them because there's no limit on how long it can be.

I tried to make it to the point so there is not a lot of extranious information, but I did have a long story to tell. I'm just hoping they don't think that I wrote entirely too much LOL

WHAT! The application won't even let me enter more than 2000 characters (with space). I did not know we could e-mail it to them. If that's the case, why didn't they just remove the character restriction then? Initially, mine was more detailed, but I concise it while keeping it succinct. The shorter version is okay too.

Hey, when I received the complete email, (Friday 17th) it stated invites won't be sent out till after the deadline, so probably starting from Monday. All the best :)
Thank You for the feedback. :)

WHAT! The application won't even let me enter more than 2000 characters (with space). I did not know we could e-mail it to them. If that's the case, why didn't they just remove the character restriction then? Initially, mine was more detailed, but I concise it while keeping it succinct. The shorter version is okay too.
Yes! I really struggled trying to make it fit 2000 characters. But I'm certain they'll appreciate yours because it's less to read through.

Just got back home from my interview today! All of the former DPMSers were extremely friendly and had good things to say about the program. There were 10 interviewees (including me). Hope this helps. Good luck everyone! :)

OMG invited for an interview via the portal

Reactions: 11 users
So just to make sure after turning in mine, when I go back to the portal it acts as if I need to create a new application, this is normal right? Also if it acts that way, how do we check if we get an interview invite? Or will a new link or something pop up indicating they made an admission decision? Do they send an email indication a status change on the portal? Thanks for any info you guys can provide and best of luck to everyone!

II via portal!!!!!!!! congrats @kf014 ! And everyone else that has gotten interviews/ has done their interview!

@ajv1213 I've attached a picture of my screen when I logged back into Drexel's BannerWeb. Once I clicked on Fall Semester 15-16 there was a link on that page directing me to view the decision which had the interview invite. Prior to today when I tried to log back into BannerWeb it just began making a new application. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• Drexel application page.jpg
    Drexel application page.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 157
Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users