Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (LECOM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats on the IIs guys! Stats if you guys don't mind me asking?

I received my secondary on 6/28, verified 6/29, and received a text on 7/6 from Erie saying my app is under review at which time my Erie portal change to "your application is under review." I just checked and my portal still says the same under review message for both. :/ Not sure what to make of this.

Same boat as you buddy, all we can do is wait :/

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)

cGPA 3.83 sGPA 3.76
MCAT 508
Feels good after already being rejected from a school this early haha. Don't worry guys patience is totally key here!

cGPA 3.83 sGPA 3.76
MCAT 508
Feels good after already being rejected from a school this early haha. Don't worry guys patience is totally key here!
You got rejected with those stats! :eek:

I don't know what's worse tho outright rejection or silent haha

Well I got rejected from Mayo haha so not that surprising ;)

510/3.9, and I agree, it's still early and there is still time for all of us!

Side note: If I can't schedule an interview until December.. that probably doesn't look good on my part, right?

510/3.9, and I agree, it's still early and there is still time for all of us!

Side note: If I can't schedule an interview until December.. that probably doesn't look good on my part, right?

Wow nice MCAT!!!! I would call them about the interview date since it's so far away. I'm sure they will be receptive to your schedule.

Hey guys does anyone have anything under the Required Letters and Credits folder under admissions. I have MCAT Complete with a red x. Does anyone have this too? Should I be concerned ?

Members don't see this ad :)
Heads up to my friends interviewing July 29th the weather report says there is a chance of rain

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Hey guys does anyone have anything under the Required Letters and Credits folder under admissions. I have MCAT Complete with a red x. Does anyone have this too? Should I be concerned ?
I don't think so. The email they gave us for the interview invite says at the bottom to not worry if your documents are not marked as complete and that it may take up until the week of your interview for them to be marked as received. Hope this helps!

Hello all! Congrats to those who have received IIs! So I am coming into this a bit late in the game. Due to some transcript processing troubles, my AACOMAS application was verified on 7/21. Is LECOM still sending out secondaries or have I totally missed out on any chance of going here? Thanks in advance! :help:

Hello all! Congrats to those who have received IIs! So I am coming into this a bit late in the game. Due to some transcript processing troubles, my AACOMAS application was verified on 7/21. Is LECOM still sending out secondaries or have I totally missed out on any chance of going here? Thanks in advance! :help:
still very early in the game. you probably receive an secondary soon

I don't think so. The email they gave us for the interview invite says at the bottom to not worry if your documents are not marked as complete and that it may take up until the week of your interview for them to be marked as received. Hope this helps!
Thanks! I'll keep waiting the anxiety is real though lol o_O

My flight to Chicago (connecting to Erie ) got delayed

So we'll see if I make it by tomorrow

Thank goodness I scheduled to come a day early

I flight to cleverland then drive to erie haha

I'm trying to book a hotel, but I can't figure out how to get the discounted rate. Am I missing something?

I'm trying to book a hotel, but I can't figure out how to get the discounted rate. Am I missing something?
For me, I'll just gonna drive there tomorrow morning and get a room.

Hey is anyone taking the flight from philadelphia to eerie tomorrow morning at 7:30? Message me and we can chat in the airport a bit before to pump ourselves up for the interview this friday, I get to philadelphia at 6:00 am tomorrow but have an hour and a half layover.

Head to LAX now. See you all tomorrow. PM me if any of you want to meet up for dinner or lunch. We should all get to know each other since it's group interview haha

Head to LAX now. See you all tomorrow. PM me if any of you want to meet up for dinner or lunch. We should all get to know each other since it's group interview haha

Second throw one of us a DM so we can meet up before this thing

I second this !! I'll post a restaurant and time in case there are any lurkers out there that change their mind

Hey everyone. I wish I joined this interview date with you guys!! Which hotel are you guys staying at? I haven't booked yet but thinking of Days Inn for now. My interview date is scheduled for 8/12. Any other 8/12 Interviewees here?!!
YES! ME!

Have you booked a room yet? I'll be flying in on August 10th, but my flight lands at 11ish PM
Not yet, but I think I'll call tomorrow. I couldn't figure out how to get the discounted rate online.

Yeah. I book a room at Day Inn for 1 night with total of $68 with tax

I want to do it. It's a good chance to highlight yourself.

However, they don't stay specific what the individual interview will be like... If it will be with the same faculty that interview you during group, will you be repeating the same answer?

Is there anyone that already interview can give us an inside on this?
Last year for my interview date everyone did the individual interview. It could be with the same faculty, mine was, but the majority of them were with different people. And at least for me, there were different questions that focused more on you

Last year for my interview date everyone did the individual interview. It could be with the same faculty, mine was, but the majority of them were with different people. And at least for me, there were different questions that focused more on you
Sound like fun thing to do.

Hey everyone. I wish I joined this interview date with you guys!! Which hotel are you guys staying at? I haven't booked yet but thinking of Days Inn for now. My interview date is scheduled for 8/12. Any other 8/12 Interviewees here?!!

Me!

Reactions: 1 users
Yup, Days Inn! I'm supposed to get in a little before noon on the 11th.

I'll be there on the 12th, as well!! I've never posted on here (just wayyy too much lurking), but seeing all these friendships spring up makes me wanna join the party.

Not sure when I'll make it to Erie as I am flying to Cleveland in the afternoon and then driving over, but if you guys wanted to get dinner that night, it sure would be nice to know a couple of faces going into the interview!

Reactions: 2 users