Lake Erie (LECOM) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Would love to attend this school - stats are 3.23 s/3.22 overall with 27 MCAT. Did a secondary, submitted a week ago. What do you guys think - any chance?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Would love to attend this school - stats are 3.23 s/3.22 overall with 27 MCAT. Did a secondary, submitted a week ago. What do you guys think - any chance?
We have similar stats but don't know much about your activities. Let's see if i get an acceptance soon :D I think you could get an interview if you have a good all around app.

Reactions: 1 user
We have similar stats but don't know much about your activities. Let's see if i get an acceptance soon :D I think you could get an interview if you have a good all around app.
Should be ok, am an EMT; 350 medical volunteer hours... fingers crossed for you and me!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Chose early decision today... I'd rather have an acceptance and attend other interviews even if it means I have to spend $1500 for deposit (that's if I get an acceptance). By the way, the only remaining time to do early decision is probably next week because the ED results will out on 9/30. How great will it be that I'll know I'll be a medical school before October...

Also, the staff there said "all the seats are empty. we have not accepted anyone yet and 9/30 will be first," along those lines.

And, if you did not choose early decision, your files will not be reviewed until mid Nov.

I'll post everything about the interview tomorrow. I'm too tired right now after driving 380 miles to get there, not being able to sleep more than 4 hours before the interview due to racing thoughts, and 380 miles back.

Do I think I did well? NOPE

Come on LECOM where is my Interview Invite?

When did you apply? How late in the cycle last year?
Looking at the portal, it seems my last cycle's secondary was complete on January 1st,2014. this This time around I have applied early but haven't received II though.

Last edited:
Chose early decision today... I'd rather have an acceptance and attend other interviews even if it means I have to spend $1500 for deposit (that's if I get an acceptance). By the way, the only remaining time to do early decision is probably next week because the ED results will out on 9/30. How great will it be that I'll know I'll be a medical school before October...

Also, the staff there said "all the seats are empty. we have not accepted anyone yet and 9/30 will be first," along those lines.

And, if you did not choose early decision, your files will not be reviewed until mid Nov.

I'll post everything about the interview tomorrow. I'm too tired right now after driving 380 miles to get there, not being able to sleep more than 4 hours before the interview due to racing thoughts, and 380 miles back.

Do I think I did well? NOPE
Thank you for that information - that eases the stress as I am no early decision.

Thank you for that information - that eases the stress as I am no early decision.
So does early decision push you up to the front? I have only heard the disadvantages and not the advantages - dont really know much about it I guess. What are the advantages of picking early decision.

So does early decision push you up to the front? I have only heard the disadvantages and not the advantages - dont really know much about it I guess. What are the advantages of picking early decision.

My THOUGHTS/OPINIONS:
1. Getting rid of stress early. It's about 1.5 months faster. Whether you choose early or normal, your chances of being accepted are roughly the same. And, if you were not going to be admitted early, you won't be admitted normal/late, and vice versa. If rejected, attend more interviews and improve your interview skills (your numbers had to be good enough to get an invite). If accepted, attend couple more interview that you really want or just F#*) it all and do whatever you want for next 10 months.
2. #1 being said, while most people say it doesn't matter if you choose early or not, I kinda think it does. Since the school is ROLLING admission, you should technically have a higher chance (I don't know by how much) of getting in when not so many seats are filled. Does that make sense?

Honestly, what is wasting $1500 (if you are admitted but choose not to go) if you are going to take loans that costs x30 (low estimate) more than a year. But that could just be me.

Reactions: 3 users
Interview recap:

I actually liked the group interview a lot better than I expected to, but then, I hadn't' really understood how it was going to work. I had some misconception that there was some one-on-one component involved. Instead, our 40ish interviewees broke out into sets of 8 or so for small group interviews with two interviewers. We went around the table and gave a brief intro, explaining where we came from and why LECOM or DO. One interview question was asked of each candidate, with the interviewers taking notes. Then they threw out a topic for discussion, and everyone had a chance to say their part.

The interview questions are all very reasonable, but they did throw out a couple that I had never heard before, so don't expect that you will be asked something you have specifically prepped for. Also, when people answered a question they had rehearsed, it showed. I thought the people who presented themselves the best in our group were the ones who relaxed, thought for a moment about what to say, and then spoke. I felt terrible for one person in our group who was asked a novel question that would have let him really speak to his vision and values, and he basically sidestepped the opportunity because he was nervous.

Relaxation really is key. They tell you to calm down, that they aren't trying to trick you. It's true. They just want you to have a good experience and be yourself. If you can get an interview here early in the cycle, so much the better, because it will help to have a very low stress interview early on. If I go to other interviews now, I will have a much better time of it.

I kinda liked the school before, but was more interested in PCOM. After the interview... I would be delighted to be accepted anywhere, of course, but I really think that I could thrive at LECOM. The various learning pathways are impressive. They really seem to respect the idea that there are different kinds of learners, rather than trying to shoehorn everyone into one mold. In a school with only one pathway (PBL, LDP, DSP, etc), you might have to pass on the school if it relied entirely on an educational strategy that doesn't work for you. Here, there is a choice, and diversity among the students. I really didn't expect that anyone would want any other pathway than the one that I prefer. I mean, it is so perfect... for me. To hear people talking about their pathways, they had great reasons for their choices.

I did make a few single serving friends. There were some great people in my group, and I have sympathy for the people who have to decide who gets offered an acceptance. That has to be a difficult job with such an exciting applicant pool. Some people were self-selecting out, or at least claiming to, as we toured the school. I heard a few mumbles about the usual complaints: dress code, no food/drink in class, mandatory lecture attendance and assigned seating in lecture hall. Someone scoffed that it was a return to junior high. But I have a dress code at work, where we also can't eat or have drinks in patient care areas, attendance is also mandatory , and I'm assigned to be in places I'd rather not all the time. So, it doesn't bother me at all. It isn't for everyone, I get that. But the downsides seem pretty petty to me, compared to the magnitude of the opportunity.

Winters are going to be hard to adapt to, and I'm going to have to buy a car. I was hoping that might be avoidable, but I can see that it really isn't. But Presque Isle is really beautiful, even on a cold day like yesterday. I didn't expect to fall in love with Erie, but I did. If they offer me an acceptance, I'm withdrawing my other apps and writing the check.

Interview recap:

I actually liked the group interview a lot better than I expected to, but then, I hadn't' really understood how it was going to work. I had some misconception that there was some one-on-one component involved. Instead, our 40ish interviewees broke out into sets of 8 or so for small group interviews with two interviewers. We went around the table and gave a brief intro, explaining where we came from and why LECOM or DO. One interview question was asked of each candidate, with the interviewers taking notes. Then they threw out a topic for discussion, and everyone had a chance to say their part.

The interview questions are all very reasonable, but they did throw out a couple that I had never heard before, so don't expect that you will be asked something you have specifically prepped for. Also, when people answered a question they had rehearsed, it showed. I thought the people who presented themselves the best in our group were the ones who relaxed, thought for a moment about what to say, and then spoke. I felt terrible for one person in our group who was asked a novel question that would have let him really speak to his vision and values, and he basically sidestepped the opportunity because he was nervous.

Relaxation really is key. They tell you to calm down, that they aren't trying to trick you. It's true. They just want you to have a good experience and be yourself. If you can get an interview here early in the cycle, so much the better, because it will help to have a very low stress interview early on. If I go to other interviews now, I will have a much better time of it.

I kinda liked the school before, but was more interested in PCOM. After the interview... I would be delighted to be accepted anywhere, of course, but I really think that I could thrive at LECOM. The various learning pathways are impressive. They really seem to respect the idea that there are different kinds of learners, rather than trying to shoehorn everyone into one mold. In a school with only one pathway (PBL, LDP, DSP, etc), you might have to pass on the school if it relied entirely on an educational strategy that doesn't work for you. Here, there is a choice, and diversity among the students. I really didn't expect that anyone would want any other pathway than the one that I prefer. I mean, it is so perfect... for me. To hear people talking about their pathways, they had great reasons for their choices.

I did make a few single serving friends. There were some great people in my group, and I have sympathy for the people who have to decide who gets offered an acceptance. That has to be a difficult job with such an exciting applicant pool. Some people were self-selecting out, or at least claiming to, as we toured the school. I heard a few mumbles about the usual complaints: dress code, no food/drink in class, mandatory lecture attendance and assigned seating in lecture hall. Someone scoffed that it was a return to junior high. But I have a dress code at work, where we also can't eat or have drinks in patient care areas, attendance is also mandatory , and I'm assigned to be in places I'd rather not all the time. So, it doesn't bother me at all. It isn't for everyone, I get that. But the downsides seem pretty petty to me, compared to the magnitude of the opportunity.

Winters are going to be hard to adapt to, and I'm going to have to buy a car. I was hoping that might be avoidable, but I can see that it really isn't. But Presque Isle is really beautiful, even on a cold day like yesterday. I didn't expect to fall in love with Erie, but I did. If they offer me an acceptance, I'm withdrawing my other apps and writing the check.
WOW I'm glad LECOM had that much of an impact on you! Best of luck to you when decisions come out @Promethean, I'm rooting for you!

Interview recap:

Maybe that terrible interviewee was me...
Well, better luck next time...

Members don't see this ad :)
Glad everyone is loving LECOM this batch. In previous threads a lot of SDNers bash the school. I love it personally as well.

Although for the sake of the wait list I'm glad it's controversial, so those who don't fit will be weeded out in place of students who really want to go!

I can't wait till my decision - I guess you new guys have indeed clarified, decisions made and mailed by Sept 30, not received by Sept 30, as has been previously stated

EDIT:
I guess that means iphone 6 wins, I pre-ordered and will get it Sept 19

Maybe that terrible interviewee was me...
Well, better luck next time...

I would guess, based on your posts here, that it was not. You probably did better than you think. They really only wanted to see if we were personable, able to cooperate, listen actively to one another. And the interview is not the only criteria for decisions, remember.

The one guy basically refused to answer a question the way it was posed, and the answer he gave deflected responsibility to other people. Not impressive for someone who wants to assume responsibility for people's lives. You are way too savvy to have done that.

Even as bad as his one answer way, I think he has a chance. His background was interesting.

EDIT to avoid making other post: So, the paper we signed to designate early decision said that decisions would be sent out by September 30, but they kept talking about us hearing something in October. This makes me question though: Does that deadline stay consistent for all interviews in August/Sept? Or roll forward with each group (no matter what the paper says?) So, if someone interviewed on the last Friday in Sept? Would their decision be made by the 30th as well? What about people who interview in early October? Will they have to wait until mid Nov? Ultimately, it doesn't matter to me, but it would be wonderful if anyone had insight to share with people whose interviews are yet to come.

Last edited:
Decisions are mailed. Thus, if they are sent out by sept 30 ... By default we hear by october.

Decisions are mailed. Thus, if they are sent out by sept 30 ... By default we hear by october.
I read the first part/first sentence and got excited, until I read the rest haha

But maybe they will send decisions out after next week when early decision is no longer available.

I read the first part/first sentence and got excited, until I read the rest haha

But maybe they will send decisions out after next week when early decision is no longer available.

Are all II already sent out? Still waiting on one :-(

I would guess, based on your posts here, that it was not. You probably did better than you think. They really only wanted to see if we were personable, able to cooperate, listen actively to one another. And the interview is not the only criteria for decisions, remember.

The one guy basically refused to answer a question the way it was posed, and the answer he gave deflected responsibility to other people. Not impressive for someone who wants to assume responsibility for people's lives. You are way too savvy to have done that.

Even as bad as his one answer way, I think he has a chance. His background was interesting.

EDIT to avoid making other post: So, the paper we signed to designate early decision said that decisions would be sent out by September 30, but they kept talking about us hearing something in October. This makes me question though: Does that deadline stay consistent for all interviews in August/Sept? Or roll forward with each group (no matter what the paper says?) So, if someone interviewed on the last Friday in Sept? Would their decision be made by the 30th as well? What about people who interview in early October? Will they have to wait until mid Nov? Ultimately, it doesn't matter to me, but it would be wonderful if anyone had insight to share with people whose interviews are yet to come.

Do you know if there are a lot of II's to still go out, or is it close the last? Haven't received one and wondering if my chances still exist? Thanks.

Are all II already sent out? Still waiting on one :-(
Sorry for being harsh. You need to take a deep breath! Relax (I know it is very hard to!). It is just that I have seen you on other school specific threads being umm...irrational. No school has sent out all of their secondaries or all of their interview invites, yet. Interviews are conduct 'till March/April. You will get secondaries and interviews there is still a lot of time :) goodluck!

Edit: I have seen your stats and they warrant an interview.

One question - here, as I check my AAMCOS application I note that there is some incorrect information. I rechecked my own copy and I did not put it there. Not sure what to do about it; it says I completed my Masters in summer of 2014, but actually it is not complete until next semester. Also, whole bunch of A's in my masters research will pull that GPA way up - so not sure how to communicate this - if I get an interview, will do then. But otherwise, ugh.

Sorry for being harsh. You need to take a deep breath! Relax (I know it is very hard to!). It is just that I have seen you on other school specific threads being umm...irrational. No school has sent out all of their secondaries or all of their interview invites, yet. Interviews are conduct 'till March/April. You will get secondaries and interviews there is still a lot of time :) goodluck!

Thank you

You are right, honestly, probably looking for reassurances more than anything. Irrational??? JK, yeah probably. Ok, tune changed.

You are right, honestly, probably looking for reassurances more than anything. Irrational??? JK, yeah probably. Ok, tune changed.

Maybe it was the wrong choice of word or not but I like your new tune already. It okay we are all a little neurotic And about your Master's situation I would email AACOMAS! You can PM if you have other questions, I will try to help as best as I can

Maybe it was the wrong choice of word or not but I like your new tune already. It okay we are all a little neurotic And about your Master's situation I would email AACOMAS! You can PM if you have other questions, I will try to help as best as I can
Thanks.

Got an II on Sept 11, my first this cycle! Complete on Aug 23.

28/3.49 cGPA/3.29 sGPA

I definitely want to stay in the NY/NJ area where I'm from, but since this is the only school so far to give me an II, I'm excited for the interview and am glad that so many people here liked their visit. I don't think I would enjoy winters in Erie though, I know this might not be a big deal for some, but I get sick a lot, especially when it's cold.

I'm excited for the interview and am glad that so many people here liked their visit. I don't think I would enjoy winters in Erie though, I know this might not be a big deal for some, but I get sick a lot, especially when it's cold.

Congrats on the II. Hope it goes well for you.

The winter weather is the only downside I see, as well. Everything else has a bright side. 138 inches of snow last winter. 138.

The winter weather is the only downside I see, as well. Everything else has a bright side. 138 inches of snow last winter. 138.

This sounds awesome. I'm picturing a winter wonderland. Big jackets. Hot chocolate.

Got an II on Sept 11, my first this cycle! Complete on Aug 23.

28/3.49 cGPA/3.29 sGPA

I definitely want to stay in the NY/NJ area where I'm from, but since this is the only school so far to give me an II, I'm excited for the interview and am glad that so many people here liked their visit. I don't think I would enjoy winters in Erie though, I know this might not be a big deal for some, but I get sick a lot, especially when it's cold.

When did you submit supplemental?

I love driving in the snow! That'll really be the only time spent outside in med school anyway :)

When did you submit supplemental?[/QUOTE]
Aug 23

Looks like I'm waiting a bit then.[/QUOTE]

I don't know if it is exactly like that. I submitted my secondary in late August... around 22. Got ii three days later, say 25th. There is no reason to believe that they are working on a strict first in/first out policy. They may have some sorting algorithm that we can't discern. I do have higher stats, but some of the people in my interview group claimed to have low to average stats, so I wouldn't assume anything about the process. Just trust that they will get around to you. Check the portal to make sure that they have received everything. Good luck.

Looks like I'm waiting a bit then.

I don't know if it is exactly like that. I submitted my secondary in late August... around 22. Got ii three days later, say 25th. There is no reason to believe that they are working on a strict first in/first out policy. They may have some sorting algorithm that we can't discern. I do have higher stats, but some of the people in my interview group claimed to have low to average stats, so I wouldn't assume anything about the process. Just trust that they will get around to you. Check the portal to make sure that they have received everything. Good luck.[/QUOTE]

I got an email confirmation. That should be good right? If I get a II its through email right?

Edit: portal email just came but I don't understand how to use it. Just says under review. I'm good then?

Last edited:
Anyone know if its possible to be considered for both Seton Hill and Erie campuses?

Yup, Seton Hill was a choice for us at the Erie Interview when ranking pathways.

Thanks! I'm interviewing at Seton Hill tomorrow, but I was hoping to be considered for both campuses.

For all those who are anxious (which is perfectly normal) about receiving secondaries/interview invites...just be patient and once they get a chance to review your application, they will let you know. From their perspective, they are constantly going through lots and lots of applications and making tough decisions.

I didn't think I would get an interview invite from any DO school at all. I applied to all of them -- yes all 35 of them. LECOM was the first school I heard any positive response from -- received an interview invitation.

Here are some details of my application. (I will not give out very specific details, but just enough that you get an idea).

MCAT Score: Took it twice. Highest was a 28 with a low verbal score. (Yes, my verbal was lower than a 7).
Science GPA - Lower than a 3.2.
Cumulative GPA - Lower than a 3.4.
No research experience.
EC's: Just regular volunteering and teaching.

AACOMAS application verification: First week of July.
Secondaries received: First week of July.
Secondaries Submitted: Five days after receiving the secondaries.
LOR's sent out: 2nd week of August.
Interview Invitation date: 2nd week of August.

I interviewed early, and opted for an early decision just like many others. As mentioned, I didn't think I was going to get an interview invitation for any school at all with my stats. However, whenever my friends asked me "what is your top choice of school if you had to pick one" -- I always told them it was LECOM. With that being said, as excited as I was that I received an interview from them, I was also very nervous that I would screw it up.

I prepared for about a week. I practiced every day and went through a lot of mock interview sessions with the help of my friends and family members. I read the medical school interview book for pointers on how to approach the day. I went to Erie couple days earlier to envision myself to be living here for the next four years and working hard to thrive in medical school and become a successful physician. Luckily, I also have a few friends that are currently attending LECOM. They gave me some insights about the school as well that others might not have had. I thought this was an advantage to me, but on the interview day, they gave out all these insights to students during the presentations lol.

So, for any of you that wants to know how the interview is set up:

You will go to a room and sit down with 40-some other students that are in your shoes. Faculty members will go over the university, the different pathways, and any questions that you might have. This is a very in-depth overview. They provide you with mini water bottles too during the presentation, which is nice. During this time, they will also tell you to just stay calm about the interview and not be nervous. When he said this, in my head these were the thoughts that were running -- "I spent the last 4 some years, working so hard to get into medical school. I barely have the stats to get into your school. I somehow got an interview. This is the only thing that I have to do before I get an acceptance/rejection/waitlist letter from you. And you are telling me to stay calm?" Stupid thoughts, I know. Not a good quality to have for a physician. But anyways, the point I want to make is that -- He was right. Do not be nervous. At any other interview -- where it's one-on-one interview -- I can see why someone might get nervous. Because, they will grill you with super tough questions. However, I am telling you after having gone through the interview -- this is the most laid-back interview ever. They are very friendly. But anyways...so what happens after the presentation? The Big Moment!

The interviewerss will come into the room and pick 8 students at a time. All 8 of you will go into a room and sit around the table. To be specific -- there will be a long table (Imagine a beer pong table). 3 students will sit on each long side of the table. 2 students on the one short side of the table. 2 interviews on the other short side of the table. There are 4 possible rounds. The first round -- You go around the table, each student answering a somewhat derivative of the following questions: "A little bit about yourself, your name, university, major, any significant ec's, why LECOM, why DO, something cool about yourself" etc. Second round -- they will individually pick random students and ask you questions such as "What is your biggest strength/weakness", "who is your role model", "what is your biggest achievement", etc. Each student usually gets one question. Third round -- Ethical questions. They will usually say a prompt such as "Should healthcare be a right or a privilege" etc. Students have to discuss it and talk about your points. Tip: Don't just speak continuously. Make your point short and clear. Step into the conversation, make your point quickly but effectively, and get out. That's just my personal opinion though. Fourth round -- student's opportunity to ask questions to the interviewers.

Overall, I thought I actually did pretty bad during the interview. Mostly because, I didn't think I made eye contact at all. Also, because I practiced so much, I had my answers almost rehearsed and I could tell it didn't sound genuine. Oh well. I got two other interview invitations as well (very surprised). So hopefully, they will go much better. I would love to go to LECOM though, I just love the area a lot.

Hope this helps, and good luck to everyone!!

For all those who are anxious (which is perfectly normal) about receiving secondaries/interview invites...just be patient and once they get a chance to review your application, they will let you know. From their perspective, they are constantly going through lots and lots of applications and making tough decisions.

I didn't think I would get an interview invite from any DO school at all. I applied to all of them -- yes all 35 of them. LECOM was the first school I heard any positive response from -- received an interview invitation.

Here are some details of my application. (I will not give out very specific details, but just enough that you get an idea).

MCAT Score: Took it twice. Highest was a 28 with a low verbal score. (Yes, my verbal was lower than a 7).
Science GPA - Lower than a 3.2.
Cumulative GPA - Lower than a 3.4.
No research experience.
EC's: Just regular volunteering and teaching.

AACOMAS application verification: First week of July.
Secondaries received: First week of July.
Secondaries Submitted: Five days after receiving the secondaries.
LOR's sent out: 2nd week of August.
Interview Invitation date: 2nd week of August.

I interviewed early, and opted for an early decision just like many others. As mentioned, I didn't think I was going to get an interview invitation for any school at all with my stats. However, whenever my friends asked me "what is your top choice of school if you had to pick one" -- I always told them it was LECOM. With that being said, as excited as I was that I received an interview from them, I was also very nervous that I would screw it up.

I prepared for about a week. I practiced every day and went through a lot of mock interview sessions with the help of my friends and family members. I read the medical school interview book for pointers on how to approach the day. I went to Erie couple days earlier to envision myself to be living here for the next four years and working hard to thrive in medical school and become a successful physician. Luckily, I also have a few friends that are currently attending LECOM. They gave me some insights about the school as well that others might not have had. I thought this was an advantage to me, but on the interview day, they gave out all these insights to students during the presentations lol.

So, for any of you that wants to know how the interview is set up:

You will go to a room and sit down with 40-some other students that are in your shoes. Faculty members will go over the university, the different pathways, and any questions that you might have. This is a very in-depth overview. They provide you with mini water bottles too during the presentation, which is nice. During this time, they will also tell you to just stay calm about the interview and not be nervous. When he said this, in my head these were the thoughts that were running -- "I spent the last 4 some years, working so hard to get into medical school. I barely have the stats to get into your school. I somehow got an interview. This is the only thing that I have to do before I get an acceptance/rejection/waitlist letter from you. And you are telling me to stay calm?" Stupid thoughts, I know. Not a good quality to have for a physician. But anyways, the point I want to make is that -- He was right. Do not be nervous. At any other interview -- where it's one-on-one interview -- I can see why someone might get nervous. Because, they will grill you with super tough questions. However, I am telling you after having gone through the interview -- this is the most laid-back interview ever. They are very friendly. But anyways...so what happens after the presentation? The Big Moment!

The interviewerss will come into the room and pick 8 students at a time. All 8 of you will go into a room and sit around the table. To be specific -- there will be a long table (Imagine a beer pong table). 3 students will sit on each long side of the table. 2 students on the one short side of the table. 2 interviews on the other short side of the table. There are 4 possible rounds. The first round -- You go around the table, each student answering a somewhat derivative of the following questions: "A little bit about yourself, your name, university, major, any significant ec's, why LECOM, why DO, something cool about yourself" etc. Second round -- they will individually pick random students and ask you questions such as "What is your biggest strength/weakness", "who is your role model", "what is your biggest achievement", etc. Each student usually gets one question. Third round -- Ethical questions. They will usually say a prompt such as "Should healthcare be a right or a privilege" etc. Students have to discuss it and talk about your points. Tip: Don't just speak continuously. Make your point short and clear. Step into the conversation, make your point quickly but effectively, and get out. That's just my personal opinion though. Fourth round -- student's opportunity to ask questions to the interviewers.

Overall, I thought I actually did pretty bad during the interview. Mostly because, I didn't think I made eye contact at all. Also, because I practiced so much, I had my answers almost rehearsed and I could tell it didn't sound genuine. Oh well. I got two other interview invitations as well (very surprised). So hopefully, they will go much better. I would love to go to LECOM though, I just love the area a lot.

Hope this helps, and good luck to everyone!!

This is incredibly insightful and helpful, thank you @Desikid91

Not to beat a dead horse but, is tomorrow the day?? :beat: