Lincoln Memorial DeBusk (LMU-DCOM) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I created a survey to help those students waitlisted- here at LMU-DCOM! If you could please click your gpa and mcat score...this will help show you where you stand on the waiting list! remember the responses are anonymous. :)

ONLY TAKE SURVEY IF WAIT-LISTED AT LMU-DCOM

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YZ25ZNR

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do any current students know if the required EM rotation 4th year is at the same core site as the 3rd year required rotations?

How long after y'all submitted primaries did y'all receive secondary apps? I've been verified for over a week.

I'm hoping I have a decent shot here, though it's not my first choice.

3.58/3.35 , 510, 700+ hours clinical

Do any current students know if the required EM rotation 4th year is at the same core site as the 3rd year required rotations?

It usually is...but if you have a site in mind they will usually let you switch if it meets certain requirements. At least that's how it used to be. I graduated last year and things change quickly.

Reactions: 1 user
I am interviewing here on the 11th and was wondering what airport & hotel others used. I am coming from Washington D.C. and not quite sure which options I should take.

How long after y'all submitted primaries did y'all receive secondary apps? I've been verified for over a week.

I'm hoping I have a decent shot here, though it's not my first choice.

3.58/3.35 , 510, 700+ hours clinical
I would advise you to include all the above in your secondary just as soon as you get it. Good luck!

To those who have been accepted and submitted the deposit. All you did was sign the agreement form and write a check, anything else?
Also anyone know if the 12/14/15 date is when it has to be received or post marked?
Happy Thanksgiving!

To those who have been accepted and submitted the deposit. All you did was sign the agreement form and write a check, anything else?
Also anyone know if the 12/14/15 date is when it has to be received or post marked?
Happy Thanksgiving!
That is it! Or at least that was all that I did. I am not sure about the second question though.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am interviewing here on the 11th and was wondering what airport & hotel others used. I am coming from Washington D.C. and not quite sure which options I should take.

Id fly into knoxville. From there the school is about 1.5 hours or so. there are a few hotels in middlesboro KY, that are nice and about 10 minutes from the school. other than that, there arent many (any) options in harrogate for hotels. Although there are some small motels in Tazewell TN if you are trying to save on money.

Id fly into knoxville. From there the school is about 1.5 hours or so. there are a few hotels in middlesboro KY, that are nice and about 10 minutes from the school. other than that, there arent many (any) options in harrogate for hotels. Although there are some small motels in Tazewell TN if you are trying to save on money.

Thanks for the reply! So did you end up flying in then renting out a car to use?

Just a heads up for anyone interviewing on December 11th; our final anatomy lab practical is that day so I highly doubt anyone will be allowed access to that entire area.

Reactions: 2 users
Can any current students comment on anatomy boot camp? Is it worth it?

Just a heads up for anyone interviewing on December 11th; our final anatomy lab practical is that day so I highly doubt anyone will be allowed access to that entire area.
Aw man that sucks. Hopefully they have something else planned.

Can any current students comment on anatomy boot camp? Is it worth it?

Yes, as far as giving you a leg up for anatomy, it'll help you do that. But, you'll be spending your last month just before school starts in a class that doesn't count for much other than helpful tips. I did not attend it because I wanted to relax before school and not spend the money on it. So make your choice wisely and don't feel like its going to make or break your first semester in medical school, there are many who do just fine that didn't attend the boot camp.

Yes, as far as giving you a leg up for anatomy, it'll help you do that. But, you'll be spending your last month just before school starts in a class that doesn't count for much other than helpful tips. I did not attend it because I wanted to relax before school and not spend the money on it. So make your choice wisely and don't feel like its going to make or break your first semester in medical school, there are many who do just fine that didn't attend the boot camp.

It's more than helpful tips. They go over like 60-80% of what you need to know for MGA. Even if you're not killing yourself studying it, for those with weak anatomy backgrounds it is gold. Didn't even have to study for the first anatomy exam and barely for the next two. Made a lot more time for the other classes and is keeping my GPA up where I like it.

It's more than helpful tips. They go over like 60-80% of what you need to know for MGA. Even if you're not killing yourself studying it, for those with weak anatomy backgrounds it is gold. Didn't even have to study for the first anatomy exam and barely for the next two. Made a lot more time for the other classes and is keeping my GPA up where I like it.

I can understand that. Just depends on what someone wants more. Knowing what I know now, I still don't think I would give back that last month off to attend boot camp, even if it made this semester easier. To each his own.

Is it too late to submit a secondary? MCAT 30, cGPA 3.91. Any advice appreciated!

Hello! I am interviewing on Friday! Does anyone know what time the dinner is with the current students the night before the interview? Also, have most people gone to the dinner?

Reactions: 1 users
II today! my very first. Scheduled for 1/15! Marked complete 8 weeks ago

Reactions: 2 users
Can any current students give some insight as to how the rotations work? Do we stay at one hospital for years 3 and 4 or do we move around to different hospitals and clinics? Also, is there a list of what hospitals students have matched for residency?

i'm hoping you meant extremely cool/nice environment to interview in :)

It's pretty laid back. There is a live mountain lion in the room, however.
ImageUploadedBySDN Mobile1449433371.360553.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
Can any current students give some insight as to how the rotations work? Do we stay at one hospital for years 3 and 4 or do we move around to different hospitals and clinics? Also, is there a list of what hospitals students have matched for residency?

During year 2 you will place your requests in for what rotation site you would like to go to. You will fill out a rank list similar to that for residency. Depending on what you put and how many spots are available, you will "match" into a rotation site (you can trade though with a friend who may want to switch). During year 3, 6 months are you core and 6 months are your electives and selectives. Core 1 are individuals (half of your school) who have their 6 months of rotations at the hospital the school has contracts with. The second 6 months you set up from a list of rotations the school has already had students rotate with (unless you have someone else you want to rotate with in the US, then you can do that but need a little more paperwork). Core 2 has their electives and selectives the first 6 months and then the second 6 months is their core rotations (school arranged rotations at your core site hospital). For example, I am in Franklin Tn. I have been in core 2 and my last 6 months have been self arranged rotations (which were selected through an extensive list DCOM has). I will start my core rotations in January at Williams hospital. I have to do these rotations here, no options. As for selectives and electives, you can do them wherever you want, including home, which may be Alaska or Timbuktu. During year 4, you will have two rotations that are required, rural medicine (which is at a site near your core) and ER. All other rotations are audition rotations (which you can do 6 in a given field if you want) and then electives that will finish out your 4th year, plus one month of vacation. Hope this helps.

Reactions: 4 users
Hey everyone. I was looking for a thread for LMU DCOM MS program but I only came across this one for this year. I have applied for the MS program and my application is now complete and I am only waiting for the admission committee to start their decision making on January. Is there anyone else in my situation so we could share thoughts and concerns?

I'm also applying for the MS program in addition to the DO right now. I still need to write the MS personal statement but I have everything else submitted.

Hey everyone. I was looking for a thread for LMU DCOM MS program but I only came across this one for this year. I have applied for the MS program and my application is now complete and I am only waiting for the admission committee to start their decision making on January. Is there anyone else in my situation so we could share thoughts and concerns?

Interview scheduled for 1/15. I'll be renting a car from knoxville airport if anyone wants to share a ride.

I'm interviewing 1/15 as well! See y'all there!

Hi, I'm doing the same thing. I got waitlisted in Oct and just want a plan B in case I don't get off the waitlist. All there waiting on now is my transcripts to arrive and I should be complete.

Hi, I'm doing the same thing. I got waitlisted in Oct and just want a plan B in case I don't get off the waitlist. All there waiting on now is my transcripts to arrive and I should be complete.
Do you mind me asking your stats?

Interviewed this past Friday, 12/4. Said I would hear by this Friday, of course constantly watching my phone! I loved the school and everyone I met there!

For those of us with 12/14 deposits, it needs to be postmarked, not received, by 12/14?