Lincoln Memorial DeBusk (LMU-DCOM) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I was in the 10/30 interview group... Still haven't heard anything yet. Anyone else??

They said today would be the earliest calls, or as late as this coming Monday/Tuesday...

Members don't see this ad.

I was in the 10/30 interview group... Still haven't heard anything yet. Anyone else??

They said today would be the earliest calls, or as late as this coming Monday/Tuesday...

Same. No calls here.

Members don't see this ad :)
lol...my family thinks I'm an idot...everytime my phone vibrates I think it's LMU calling..It was vibrating a sec ago and I knocked my cup of water all of the dinner table hahaha...

NO phone call yet! Let's hope they call tomorrow! =p

Reactions: 1 users
I got the call on a Monday. It was a long weekend, but I made it. Best of luck

Hey thanks a lot. Do you really have to move a lot? I have a family and I know that would really be tough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not at all, you'd just put in for sites that are closer to cities with plenty of rotation options. I'd say the majority of the sites are in locations where there's plenty of options within a reasonable driving distance. IE near Knoxville, Memphis, Nashville, Kingsport, etc.

What? I thought the result always comes out the week after the interview???

What? I thought the result always comes out the week after the interview???
Yes, the decision is made the following week, but the phone call doesn't just happen instantaneously. Mine came the following Monday. I know others have had similar experiences.

Also, don't be surprised if you don't get a call and find out by mail. It happens. Happened to me, however, unlike many others out there I was patient, calm and didn't freak out on the Internet. I was pleasantly surprised when I got my acceptance letter the week after the calls were supposedly made.

Reactions: 1 user
Also, don't be surprised if you don't get a call and find out by mail. It happens. Happened to me, however, unlike many others out there I was patient, calm and didn't freak out on the Internet. I was pleasantly surprised when I got my acceptance letter the week after the calls were supposedly made.
Plus you remained humble about it all the way through. ;-p

Reactions: 2 users
Yes, the decision is made the following week, but the phone call doesn't just happen instantaneously. Mine came the following Monday. I know others have had similar experiences.
If it ok to call and ask on Friday? I haven't had my interview yet but if I haven't gotten a call by the end of Friday, I'd call and ask. Also, the phone call won't come later than the following Monday correct?

Members don't see this ad :)
If it ok to call and ask on Friday? I haven't had my interview yet but if I haven't gotten a call by the end of Friday, I'd call and ask. Also, the phone call won't come later than the following Monday correct?

Phone call for what? You said you haven't had your interview yet and you're waiting for an acceptance phone call???

Phone call for what? You said you haven't had your interview yet and you're waiting for an acceptance phone call???
Sorry for the confusion. My interview is already scheduled so I WILL be waiting for the call after my interview. I'm not waiting for the call at the moment.

Sorry for the confusion. My interview is already scheduled so I WILL be waiting for the call after my interview. I'm not waiting for the call at the moment.

I would advise taking it one step at a time. Worry about the phone call after the interview. You should have some idea how it went. Most people I know had a strong feeling about the interview at places they were accepted.

Do not call if you haven't gotten a phone call. It can take longer because only one person makes the calls and he does have other things scheduled. Besides, the admissions office isn't allowed to release that info over the phone. Use it as a practice in patience. :)

I would advise taking it one step at a time. Worry about the phone call after the interview. You should have some idea how it went. Most people I know had a strong feeling about the interview at places they were accepted.
Do not call if you haven't gotten a phone call. It can take longer because only one person makes the calls and he does have other things scheduled. Besides, the admissions office isn't allowed to release that info over the phone. Use it as a practice in patience. :)

The reason I'm asking this is because my interview is scheduled on 12/4, however, 12/14 is the deadline to pay the deposit for the school that already accepted me. Obviously this school is my top choice so I need to get a response by 12/14 so I'll know whether to pay my deposit at the other school.

The reason I'm asking this is because my interview is scheduled on 12/4, however, 12/14 is the deadline to pay the deposit for the school that already accepted me. Obviously this school is my top choice so I need to get a response by 12/14 so I'll know whether to pay my deposit at the other school.

Worry about that after the interview.

There was a Japanese buffet I went to out in Knoxville that had a well stocked sushi bar, for like $9 all you can eat. It was pretty good

There was a Japanese buffet I went to out in Knoxville that had a well stocked sushi bar, for like $9 all you can eat. It was pretty good
Good $9 sushi? That is hard to believe XD

Got the call!!!!!

Reactions: 3 users
Congrats guys!! So, if you don't get a call today does that more than likely mean you didn't get accepted?

Or do they spread their calls until mon/tues?

Congrats guys!! So, if you don't get a call today does that more than likely mean you didn't get accepted?

Or do they spread their calls until mon/tues?

I've got no idea. They told us that if you don't hear that it may not be negative and that they even left someone off the list last time by mistake. So I guess if you didn't get a call then you'll just have to wait for the letter in the mail. Also they said to call if you've heard nothing for two weeks.

Got the call earlier today! Interviewed 10/30! Good luck to everyone else applying!

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone know if all the calls have been made out for the 10/30 interview?

Last edited:
Anyone know if all the calls have been made out for the 11/30 interview?

If you meant 11/30 I assume you meant last year and the answer is a responding yes. All those calls were made.

If you meant 10/30, I'm doubting it.

10/30! Hope you're right.. :xf:

I'm assuming they call ~20 people ...I can't imagine wanting to make that many calls in one day lol. Although my +1 does tend to call me that many times when I don't answer. :lame:

When do we receive the letters? You know just in case they are forgetting to call us! ;)

Last edited:
Good $9 sushi? That is hard to believe XD
It wasn't the best but it was pretty good for $9 all you can eat sushi. I've had much better in LA, but it is $25 and 2,000 miles away haha.

10/30! Hope you're right.. :xf:

I'm assuming they call ~20 people ...I can't imagine wanting to make that many calls in one day lol. Although my +1 does tend to call me that many times when I don't answer. :lame:

I think 20 people interviewed total that day

When do we receive the letters? You know just in case they are forgetting to call us! ;)

He said about a week from now? I bet they already mailed them. I would guess this week.

Got the waitlist mail today! Let me know if you guys have any advice getting off of it! thanks, and congrads again to those accepted..
~cheers

It wasn't the best but it was pretty good for $9 all you can eat sushi. I've had much better in LA, but it is $25 and 2,000 miles away haha.

I will admit the food in L.A. is on another plateau and is definitely cheaper than my home state.

Waitlisted as well! Disappointing, as deposits are due mid-December, so I had hoped to really have decided by then. :( Good luck to everybody else!!

I apologize if this was asked somewhere along the way. I'm interviewing this Friday in the morning group. Does the day usually go until 2 PM like the email says? Or did any of you wrap up earlier? Just trying to plan for travel purposes. Thanks!

Turned down my interview here! Would love to go visit at least but I'm accepting at CUSOM and their deadline is sooner than I would like but I am confident in my choice :) good luck to everyone else!

Got the waitlist mail today! Let me know if you guys have any advice getting off of it! thanks, and congrads again to those accepted..
~cheers

The class is huge 220-something so I'm sure there will be waitlist movement. They said last year a lot of people came off the waitlist. Write a letter of intent and send it to the director of admissions.

The class is huge 220-something so I'm sure there will be waitlist movement. They said last year a lot of people came off the waitlist. Write a letter of intent and send it to the director of admissions.

I've never believed those hold much weight.

You're taking a hour tops to compose and send them a letter to let them know how you REALLY interested in going there.

1) how do they know you're not doing this to all the other girls too?

2) and how does this show more interest than booking a flight, a hotel room, renting a car and coming all the way out to Harrogate-freaking-Tennessee does?

3 lastly, if they didn't believe you in the interview when they had you right in front of them, what makes you think a dozen sentences scribbled down in desperation will make a difference?

I'd amp up my application as much as possible in all the weak spots and send an update at semester rather than hope you've somehow become Shakespeare in the last week and can woo the school with your words.

I recieved the letter yesterday that said I was wait listed. :/ but at least it was not a rejection! (Interviewed 10/30)
Does anyone remember if they rank their wait list? Or how/when they pull people off the list?
Good luck to everyone else interviewing! :)

I apologize if this was asked somewhere along the way. I'm interviewing this Friday in the morning group. Does the day usually go until 2 PM like the email says? Or did any of you wrap up earlier? Just trying to plan for travel purposes. Thanks!
It did last until 2, but interviews end around 11 in the morning session. If you wanted to leave early they said it's alright because the rest of the time you tour the school, eat lunch, then have an informational session about curriculum, student life, and financial stuff.

Good luck in your interview!!!

I've never believed those hold much weight.

You're taking a hour tops to compose and send them a letter to let them know how you REALLY interested in going there.

1) how do they know you're not doing this to all the other girls too?

2) and how does this show more interest than booking a flight, a hotel room, renting a car and coming all the way out to Harrogate-freaking-Tennessee does?

3 lastly, if they didn't believe you in the interview when they had you right in front of them, what makes you think a dozen sentences scribbled down in desperation will make a difference?

I'd amp up my application as much as possible in all the weak spots and send an update at semester rather than hope you've somehow become Shakespeare in the last week and can woo the school with your words.

My point is that they take a lot of people off of the waitlist here. Waitlist is not a rejection and means they are going to consider you when they take people off of it. A letter of intent if worded properly, if it is sincere, may make them consider you sooner. It's no guarantee but if this is where you really want to go then why not do it? It is not going to hurt.

I recieved the letter yesterday that said I was wait listed. :/ but at least it was not a rejection! (Interviewed 10/30)
Does anyone remember if they rank their wait list? Or how/when they pull people off the list?
Good luck to everyone else interviewing! :)

Waitlist is not ranked; this is my information from last year so it could of changed but I doubt it. Admissions is able to pull people off the waitlist at any time but I don't think I've heard of it happening. The usual procedure is to wait until all interviews have all been completed and then waitlist movement starts. Around May, or after.

Waitlist is not ranked; this is my information from last year so it could of changed but I doubt it. Admissions is able to pull people off the waitlist at any time but I don't think I've heard of it happening. The usual procedure is to wait until all interviews have all been completed and then waitlist movement starts. Around May, or after.

At my interview they told us about the waitlist and I wrote this down: "last year waitlist was 120 and 50-60 people moved off the waitlist. You have to email them to let them know you want to stay on the waitlist."

At my interview they told us about the waitlist and I wrote this down: "last year waitlist was 120 and 50-60 people moved off the waitlist. You have to email them to let them know you want to stay on the waitlist."

I believe that. Those numbers seem familiar. On the waitlist letter (physical copy) the last line or near the end, should say for you to e-mail Ms. Martin with your desire to remain on the waitlist.