Lincoln Memorial DeBusk (LMU-DCOM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Oh okay. I was thinking it was a little too quiet on this thread...

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Really inconvenient more than anything, if I was accepted I would probably cancel my LUCOM interview.

Members don't see this ad.

Decided to cancel my interview due to financial reason.

I know this has been discussed in previous years threads but does anyone know what the average percentage is of acceptance offers for those they interview?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
It is my understanding that the committee meets every Wednesday, and they make the decision then, but we have to wait until the Dean is back in the country to receive the calls.

So if we interviewed on the first date, by now the decision has already been made, unless y'all think they will group us with the other interviewers for September?

I assume because they have interviews every Friday that all of the calls for acceptances will be delayed, unless they group us to catch up?

Submitted my secondary 8/23 and still no complete email. Is this the normal timeline?

Does anyone know if the interview is a closed file interview or were there specific questions regarding your application information?

Been complete since 8/8 and haven't heard anything from them :/ Would it be worth contacting them or should I just be patient?

Do IIs usually go out via phone or email?

I received mine via email.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
finally received the complete email :/

Got the complete email today and it says I will be notified of their decision "soon". I was wondering if anybody could give me a guestamate on this time frame based on your results? Thank you so much

How long does it usually take to get the "complete" email after secondary submission? It's been 9 days since I've received anything, and what I have received was the "Thank you for submission" immediately after secondary submission. Also, how long does it usually take from secondary submission till II (or waitlist/rejection)?

Thanks in advanced :)

Accepted early this afternoon! I was surprised by the Sunday call.

Sent from my SM-N910P using SDN mobile

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted early this afternoon! I was surprised by the Sunday call.

Could you tell me if your interview was open or closed file? Like, did they ask you specific things about your application? I know on previous years they said the interviews were closed file, but I just want to be as prepared as possible. I interview on 10/7. Congrats on the acceptance!

Could you tell me if your interview was open or closed file? Like, did they ask you specific things about your application? I know on previous years they said the interviews were closed file, but I just want to be as prepared as possible. I interview on 10/7. Congrats on the acceptance!

It's closed file. Just be a normal person and your fine!

Same! I really wasn't expecting a Sunday call at all! Did they say when we would get the email with all of the info?

Yea, mail or email. I couldn't hear exactly what he said because I was driving. Same thing with Nova - acceptance notification and then follow up info in a day or two.

I got my call!!! Accepted :)!

Reactions: 5 users
Got my call, accepted on a Sunday!

Reactions: 3 users
How long does it usually take to get the "complete" email after secondary submission? It's been 9 days since I've received anything, and what I have received was the "Thank you for submission" immediately after secondary submission. Also, how long does it usually take from secondary submission till II (or waitlist/rejection)?

Thanks in advanced :)
Secondary submitted 8/27. Complete e-mail on 9/14.

Folks that got accepted yesterday, when did you interview?

Thanks!

Congratulations everyone on your interviews and acceptances!!!

Impatiently waiting for a call. Interviewed 9/16

Last edited:
For those of you who have interviewed, can you share the questions you were asked?

For those of you who have interviewed, can you share the questions you were asked?

Can't remember exact questions. It was conversational.. Tell me about yourself, hobbies, etc.

very low stress and conversational. Hobbies, Tell me about yourself, why DCOM, a super easy ethical question, why DO, things like that. Just rehearse ahead of time and have ideas for answers to questions like that.

If you are from a big city and tell them that, they may ask you "how will you adjust to rural life?"

It was honestly a very laid back atmosphere and the interviewers were personal and friendly. other than the 225 class size and rotation lottery system, I would highly recommend this school.

Reactions: 1 users
Any general time frame for how long we should expect to wait between complete email and II?

Rejected pre II. does anyone know if there's a regional bias here? I'm from CA

I will be here this week, September 30th! Anyone else going to be interviewing with me?

Accepted! Interviewed 9/16, just got the call. I too was surprised by the Sunday evening call!

Reactions: 6 users
ACCEPTED!!!!!! AAAHHHH!!

Reactions: 4 users