Midwestern University Arizona (AZCOM) Discussion Thread 2013 - 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
INTERVIEWED 1/23, JUST CHECKED THIS MORNING AND WAS ACCEPTED! CHECK YOUR MWUNET!!! YAY FIRST ACCEPTANCE SO EXCITED!

Does anybody know how much of the deposit we would get back if we turned it down later?

I want to say when I went through all of this, if you withdrew by a certain you'd get $100 back... Should be able to find out for sure in the CIB or calling.

I want to say when I went through all of this, if you withdrew by a certain you'd get $100 back... Should be able to find out for sure in the CIB or calling.

Yeah, I posted this before I got the matriculation agreement. If anyone else is wondering, it says that if you submit the deposit and cancel within 3 days (through a written letter mailed into admissions office), then you get a 100% refund. If you withdraw more than 30 days before orientation (eg. July 10 orientation, then June 10 deadline) then you only get $100 back. If you withdraw within the 30 days of the orientation, you forfeit it all.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone knows if admission committee is meeting today?

I am anxious too. Did they say they would meet yesterday (Wednesday) or today (Thursday)?

From this thread, some ppl who interviewed last one or two weeks ago posted that they were accepted by AZCOM on this Monday. Do you guys know what happened?

From this thread, some ppl who interviewed last one or two weeks ago posted that they were accepted by AZCOM on this Monday. Do you guys know what happened?
I have no idea! I called on Tuesday to double check and be sure I didn't miss the cut, and they said they haven't gotten to my app yet (they will on thursday)

I spoke to admissions earlier this week and they said that they have a fast track - students they don't even meet about and just accept - so that's probably what happened Monday. I'm in the same boat as you guys, checking as often as I can then checking back here to see if anyone else got in lol

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Just checked and my checklist is up. Interviewed 1/23, 3.2 gpa, 10/10/9 mcat. Good luck to the rest of you! Hope to see you next year!

My checklist is up too! Interviewed 1/28, 3.55cgpa, 3.41sgpa, 9/11/10 S mcat, OOS.

Yeah, they have two names for it. Wait list is the pre interview hold, and alternate list is the post interview hold.

Your page actually says alternate list?

So if I don't have anything on my page, I was rejected?

Interview 1/21. Accepted yesterday. 3.5gpa/29/OOS. See yall in the fall

Interview 1/31. Accepted a couple days ago. 3.45 cgpa/33/OOS (CA)

Are the first two years here with podiatry students?

Congrats on all of the recent acceptances!

I have an interview on Monday 3/3 that I will be declining (decided the geographic location wasn't for me).

PM me if you want to coordinate.

I was just accepted yesterday! I'm trying to start a FB group for us (Class of 2018, what's up!) but I'm the only person I know going so I can't start a group (FB won't let me unless I add someone). If you're attending, it'd be a great way to coordinate roommate/living things as well as get to see who we're spending at least the next two years being neurotic around :) PM me and we can go from there on FB!

I was just accepted yesterday! I'm trying to start a FB group for us (Class of 2018, what's up!) but I'm the only person I know going so I can't start a group (FB won't let me unless I add someone). If you're attending, it'd be a great way to coordinate roommate/living things as well as get to see who we're spending at least the next two years being neurotic around :) PM me and we can go from there on FB!

There's already a group on FB.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/177134939101955/

hold letter today..at least it's not a rejection letter

+ 1
Anything we can do? Letters of intent maybe?

LOI would be more useful on the WL. Pre-interview hold, your best bet is to send in update letters (new grades, MCAT scores, medical activities, pubs).

I got put on hold pre interview - they said it should be looked at as a positive sign? Anyone with similar experience and the outcome was actually positive?

How "competitive" is AZCOM in terms of mcat and gpa? Is it one of the harder or easier DO schools to get into?

Can anyone elaborate on the interview style? Is MMI involved? Please let me know what you can! Thanks

Can anyone elaborate on the interview style? Is MMI involved? Please let me know what you can! Thanks

A physician, faculty member, and 3rd or 4th year med student will be interviewing you, so 3 on 1

no mmi

Everyone is sorted into groups. Each group has a different 3-person panel that they are interviewed by (typically a physician, faculty member, and student). Every person within each group with be interviewing with the same panel. The interview lasts 25-ish minutes and is a relatively standard Q and A. It's pretty relaxed and conversational. I had a couple of awkward questions but overall it was a pleasant experience.

Reactions: 1 users
Do you think there will be more interview invites?

I am on pre-interview hold. Is there anything I can do except updating gpa and mcat? I just graduated so there is no grades to update..:(

Hey guys - My secondary application was complete on 11/4 but no interview invite in the portal yet. Has anyone else experienced > 1 month turnaround for ii or does this most likely mean that I am not being considered for an interview? It seems as if most applicants have heard back within 2-3 weeks. Thanks for the info!
Dunno if this helps or not but I was was deemed complete january 9th and invited january 29th for an interview. OOS 3.7gpa, 29mcat (10B, 11PS, 8VR)