Midwestern University Arizona (AZCOM) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
sGPA 3.8, MCAT 30 (unbalanced w/ low verbal).

Just wanted to share with you guys some new info that may save you some time, money, and frustration. The c/0 2019 avg MCAT score was just below a 30. Not sure what the equivalent is now, but get that MCAT up there for this school.

Reactions: 1 user

Last edited:
Got the wait list email around 12:30 tonight :/

Wait list for interview as well. I guess better than rejection

Woke up to a wait list/hold pending interview lol

Soft rejection in guessing . Ah well , good luck to rest it's a good school.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I didn't realize there was a wait list for interviews. Would yall mind sharing your stats and when your secondary was completed?

I didn't realize there was a wait list for interviews. Would yall mind sharing your stats and when your secondary was completed?
I have a cGPA 3.4 and a 27 MCAT. I do have an enormous amount of clinical experience as well though

3.4 science,3.3cumulative ,27mcat

Secondary complete super early , don't even remember
Our stats are almost identical lol I got the same "hold for possible interview" email as well. Oh well!

Reactions: 1 users
I got the same hold for interview as well. 3.4 cGPA, 27 MCAT. Should I consider this a rejection or hold out hope?

& I guess this also means that there is no specific time we should expect to hear back from them? Like whenever they want they can say yay or nay even if it's like next April?

Rejected this morning, good luck to everyone else!

Wait list for an interview as well. Similar stats to those listed above. I guess maybe is better than a no :)
Good luck everyone!

Waitlisted for interview, 3.33 and 27 MCAT. Better than a rejection!

I'm waitlisted as well. But I'll take it lol

Looks like in the AZCOM thread for last year, interview waitlist wasn't changed until January or February

Waitlisted for II as well. Lol many of us have identical MCAT.
MCAT:27 cGPA:3.55 sGPA:3.47

Got put on hold for interview :( should've known, GPA was 3.8 but MCAT was 27. Good luck to everyone else!!!!

Waitlisted for interview. I knew that was likely but it is my first response from secondaries and feels like bad news all around. January seems cruelly long away.

Got put on hold for interview :( should've known, GPA was 3.8 but MCAT was 27. Good luck to everyone else!!!!

Wow, apparently it's all about the MCAT for them right now

Waitlisted for interview, 3.33 and 27 MCAT. Better than a rejection!
I got. Waitlisted for an interview as well!! Seems like all the waitlisted have a similar MCAT! My stats cGPA 3.6 sGPA3.6 MCAT 27

Looks like the 27-28s are getting wait listed? I'm at 3.62/27.

Anyone know how many people were extended IIs in jan from last year?

yeah, it's not a joke that azcom and ccom doesn't give interviews roughly below 29 mcat until jan. i think it's odd to make people wait that long.

Last edited:
All the people getting responses of any kind: when was your secondary marked complete?

yeah, it's not a joke that azcom and ccom doesn't give interviews roughly below 29 mcat until jan. i think it's odd to make people wait that long.
I heard it was only AZCOM that did this with the MCAT.... apparently CCOM isn't that strict?

Waitlisted for interview. I knew that was likely but it is my first response from secondaries and feels like bad news all around. January seems cruelly long away.
don't be too disappointed :) if you're meant to go you will!!

I heard it was only AZCOM that did this with the MCAT.... apparently CCOM isn't that strict?

CCOM is a sister campus with a 0.5 higher mcat, so i wouldn't be surprised if CCOM were the same. i'm just assuming, though.

Got the wait list email at 1:40 am. Waited for it yesterday after seeing everyone else but didn't expect it in the middle of the night.

When were all you wait lists and II complete? My neurotic portal checking is starting to use up all my cell data...

Checked my midwestern account this morning to see if CCOM received my letters.
Turns out I got an interview from AZCOM this morning

Reactions: 5 users
That's interesting, I was complete July 22nd and haven't heard anything. I figured they hadn't gotten to me yet. Mind sharing your stats?

Haha right? Expecting anything to make sense just sets us up for disappointment

That's so weird. I completed 8/5 and got the interview invite 8/7

I have a 3.48 sgpa/cgpa and a 513 on the mcat.

Yeah I have always understood that rolling admissions applied to interview invites as well but all the schools I applied to have been all over the place with II's. I am sure there is a lot about the process that we don't know about, I am sure reviewing apps is more random than adcoms and students would like.

Got the dreaded denied email today. fail.