Philadelphia COM - Georgia (GA-PCOM) Discussion Thread 2013 - 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do we interview at each campus separately? PA and GA?

Members don't see this ad.

Any idea when they start giving out interviews?,

Members don't see this ad :)
The PCOM's are later and most likely late september or early october.

Just sent out a envelope with a check without the printed email. I wonder if they'll still accept.

Just sent out a envelope with a check without the printed email. I wonder if they'll still accept.

Shoot! I did that as well. I think I'm just going to print them out now and send them in a separate envelope with a note.

Shoot! I did that as well. I think I'm just going to print them out now and send them in a separate envelope with a note.

I just put my info on it like it asked for. And w my AACOMAS ID. Whoops. Did it ask for the printed email? Man I better look!

* Edit: Whoops! Just saw it. I am going to call them.

**** Second edit: Called. Was told as long as all ID info is on the check it will be fine. Make sure your PCOM ID and printed name are on the notes line.

I just put my info on it like it asked for. And w my AACOMAS ID. Whoops. Did it ask for the printed email? Man I better look!

* Edit: Whoops! Just saw it. I am going to call them.

**** Second edit: Called. Was told as long as all ID info is on the check it will be fine. Make sure your PCOM ID and printed name are on the notes line.

Oh nice!

Does anyone know if I have to send anything if they grant secondary fee waiver?

No one posted the secondary essay prompts as far as I can see. I'd like to prewrite them.

Will someone please post the prompts and character limits, please? :)

No one posted the secondary essay prompts as far as I can see. I'd like to prewrite them.

Will someone please post the prompts and character limits, please? :)

The prompt is as follows for both campuses. . . . :)

Noting the missions and objectives of the Osteopathic profession and PCOM, please describe your personal characteristics that demonstrate your interest in this field. Include an example of an event in which your actions directly influenced the life of another person and relate this to your goal of becoming a DO.

Noting the missions and objectives of the Osteopathic profession and PCOM, please describe your personal characteristics that demonstrate your interest in this field. Include an example of an event in which your actions directly influenced the life of another person and relate this to your goal of becoming a DO.

Edit I believe it was a 250 word limit too

Members don't see this ad :)

Probably the hardest prompt I have in my pile of secondaries. I've been sitting on it for a week now trying to figure out what to write. Hope you all are having better luck with it than I am!

Given what they asked for in the secondary and the word limit, this was a thoughie.

Submitted yesterday, OOS, looking for some love...that's all :naughty:

Hey anyone else coming on the tour tomorrow at noon?

I'm going to be there, should be interesting

Probably the hardest prompt I have in my pile of secondaries. I've been sitting on it for a week now trying to figure out what to write. Hope you all are having better luck with it than I am!

I am with you. Somehow I can do a secondary with 6+ essays no problem, but this essay is looming over my head and I haven't begun.

No rush I was told they won't start interviewing until October and that the interviews will be 25 applicants for each session and having 2 sessions per day

Did anyone also apply to the PA campus? I applied to both and I got my secondary from the PA campus almost immediately but I still haven't heard anything from the Georgia campus..

Did anyone also apply to the PA campus? I applied to both and I got my secondary from the PA campus almost immediately but I still haven't heard anything from the Georgia campus..

I applied to both and got both last week

I applied to both and got the georgia campus secondary about 5 days after the philly campus.

i got a 6PS will this hurt my chances. got a 9VR and 10BS.

i got a 6PS will this hurt my chances. got a 9VR and 10BS.

Depends on your GPA and ECs too. A 6 is rough but your other scores are pretty strong so I think if your other factors are strong too then you should be in good shape.

It says that they are going to start in September on their website.

It says that they are going to start in September on their website.

Hoping that they do, but when I went for a tour last week a current 2nd yr student giving the tour said October

Hoping that they do, but when I went for a tour last week a current 2nd yr student giving the tour said October

I heard that PCOM PA is late Sept and PCOM GA is very early Oct for interviews.

Waiting is horrible. :eek:

Just received a secondary from GA-PCOM! Plan to submit by the end of this week! Also, does anyone know how we properly waive the secondary fee? On AACOMAs, it stated that PCOM do honor secondary fees if the applicant received a waiver for the primary. Do we just send in a copy of our primary waiver? Thanks!

Just received a secondary from GA-PCOM! Plan to submit by the end of this week! Also, does anyone know how we properly waive the secondary fee? On AACOMAs, it stated that PCOM do honor secondary fees if the applicant received a waiver for the primary. Do we just send in a copy of our primary waiver? Thanks!
I emailed them about this the other week. Just email them and request a fee waiver. Give them your first and last name, and your PCOM ID. Here's their response:

"What is your last name?

We will check the listing received from AACOMAS and if your name is listed we will apply the fee. Please allow up to 15 business days for this to occur. Also, please use your PCOM ID and not your AACOMAS ID for ease of finding your application."

Got my login info into PCOM banner web today- everything is marked received so i guess that means I'm complete

Got my login info into PCOM banner web today- everything is marked received so i guess that means I'm complete

Where and how can I get the login info. I want to check on my status

Where and how can I get the login info. I want to check on my status

You have to get the email giving you your user name and password for their banner web portal if you haven't gotten it but all your stuff is submitted and check has been cleared for over a week I would kindly email admissions

You have to get the email giving you your user name and password for their banner web portal if you haven't gotten it but all your stuff is submitted and check has been cleared for over a week I would kindly email admissions

Sent in my check about 10 days ago and it hasn't cleared. Did it take this long for you?

This thread is about as quiet as PCOM has been about sending ii's.

I don't suppose anyone has any idea when they will start sending them out?

Anyone else still waiting for their supp to be received? I submitted mine around Aug 12 and it's still not shown as received...

I sent my secondary and it was received within a week along with my lors as well.

Anyone has word when PCOM-GA starts in full swing admissions mode?

I sent all of my materials in last week (secondary, LOR, fee) and did not receive a confirmation e-mail of any kind. Does anyone know where you can find out if everything has been received?

Is this different than the sign in for the secondary?

I sent all of my materials in last week (secondary, LOR, fee) and did not receive a confirmation e-mail of any kind. Does anyone know where you can find out if everything has been received?

They send you an email with the link and login. It takes a while to get the email.

I spoke with the admissions office and they said they would start looking at applications next Monday for interviews. I hope that's accurate, I'm gettin' antsy