****The Official UNC Class of 2018 Thread****

Glimmer1991

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, friends!

Who's applying with me? :D

Members don't see this ad.

Hello Fellow Applicants, Welcome to UNC class of 2018 Thread! Goodluck!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys, how did you format your answers on the UNC supplemental application? Any indentations or spaces I put between text when filling it out just showed up as a mass of text when previewing the application right before you submit? Anyone know if this will be how the admissions committee sees it? Makes it pretty difficult to read that way.. :/

I have read in previous threads that what YOU see is not what THEY see. I just skipped a line between each paragraph, like I did for my PS on AADSAS.

I am here too guys :).. Good luck for all of us

everybody's supplemental offline till AUG?

Members don't see this ad :)
I saw pinkshirt post that she had gotten an e-mail from UNC stating that they had received her application. Has anyone else heard anything? I e-submitted 6/24 and sent my secondary/other forms on 6/22, but haven't gotten anything back from them.

i got an email saying they received my application yesterday. weird cause i just got my gpa verified a couple days ago

i got an email saying they received my application yesterday. weird cause i just got my gpa verified a couple days ago

Patrick--were they instructing you to fill out their supplemental application? I think this was the case for pinkshirt and the email was sort of a "reminder" to fill it out. :)

I already submitted my supplementa app, so I'm thinking maybe that's why I didn't hear anything.

I already submitted my supplemental and mailed them all the forms almost 2 weeks ago and haven't received any e-mails.

Did the e-mail say they were already reviewing applications?

I've talked to patrick and pinkshirt and it appears that the e-mail was only sent out to those that were missing some parts of their application. Hope that helps! I haven't gotten anything, either.

I don't think they will send out notification email

Applying here.

Sent in my supplemental on June 19th and my aadsas is supposed to be sent tomorrow.

Good Luck Everyone!

For the supplement application on the open ended questions, how long are these responses supposed to be?

I'm kind of lost because my school doesn't have pre-health advisors and I don't know anyone else applying to dental school or anyone who has.

Thanks for the help

Mine ranged from about 1-4 paragraphs. In total, I had almost 6 pages (although my first draft was 10). You want to be thorough but concise. It's hard, I know!

Mine ranged from about 1-4 paragraphs. In total, I had almost 6 pages (although my first draft was 10). You want to be thorough but concise. It's hard, I know!

So when it says list strong points or list anything. Did you simple list your strengths or did you explain each one.

So when it says list strong points or list anything. Did you simple list your strengths or did you explain each one.

I didn't do an legit list--I wrote an actual paragraph for this one. Not sure if that's necessarily the right thing to do, but I did it! :)

I think you should def "list" them in paragraph form. I think it would look weird if you literally made a list. Plus gives you more room to show your strengths!

My check still hasn't been cashed and I haven't heard anything from UNC at all... anybody? I know everything was complete first batch, and they should have gotten my check a little over a month ago.

I sent a money order. It looks like they take a while last year to deposit checks

My check for unc from last cycle was sent in june 3rd and was cashed this past january after my rejection lol

Oh..I didn't think about processing time for checks, so I'm not too sure. I haven't heard back from them yet either. I forgot that I sent in cash last year, lol. Whoops :oops:

long time lurker, submitting my application today, submitted aadsas last week... anyone ever submitted one before the other like this?

long time lurker, submitting my application today, submitted aadsas last week... anyone ever submitted one before the other like this?

By your "application," do you mean your supplement? :)

Totally normal not to submit them at the same time! I submitted my supplement a few weeks before my application was mailed out in the first batch.

mailed in my supp app and all of the forms yesterday. Am i second batch or is it too late?

mailed in my supp app and all of the forms yesterday. Am i second batch or is it too late?

When was your aadsas mailed out? Thats what "batch" you are in. Batches don't really matter esp if youve gotten both your aadsas submitted and supp. by july

When was your aadsas mailed out? Thats what "batch" you are in. Batches don't really matter esp if youve gotten both your aadsas submitted and supp. by july

Alright, Thank you.

I was just worried since so many schools emphasize the importance of submitting early

First interview date is Sept. 14. Last year people were notified about 3 weeks ahead in one big batch. So prob wont hear until late Aug.

I'm a re-applicant and last year I received an invitation email in mid-August for September 8th. Maybe that'll help give us an idea of the possible timeline? :)

Question about the 2x2 photo. Can you just take one using an iPhone or canon camera or whatever and then edit it to be 2" by 2"? Did you guys go to a post office to get it done? Am I just over-thinking this?

Well, I had one taken for work that was a 2x2. Just my face with a blue background. I think they want one with a plain background (hence passport style). It would be perfectly fine to take a picture with your home camera and edit it to be a 2x2--I know there are some programs online that make this extremely easy. Make sure it's good quality, though!

Question about the 2x2 photo. Can you just take one using an iPhone or canon camera or whatever and then edit it to be 2" by 2"? Did you guys go to a post office to get it done? Am I just over-thinking this?

Also you could go to Walgreens or CVS and ask them to take a passport photo... It was like $5 and came out as a 2x2!

Also you could go to Walgreens or CVS and ask them to take a passport photo... It was like $5 and came out as a 2x2!

I went to Walgreens and they charged me $35 for 4 passport photos. Picture quality was absolutely horrible, and I never looked so ugly in my life. They need to train their employees before putting them in the photo department. Ridiculous !

I just took it at home and edited it down to 2"x2". Free and good quality :)

After you guys submitted your packet with all the info did you hear anything else from them ? I never go an e-mail confirmation saying that it arrived ......:confused:

After you guys submitted your packet with all the info did you hear anything else from them ? I never go an e-mail confirmation saying that it arrived ......:confused:

I havent either

Nope, nothing.

Last year, UNC started giving out interviews mid-August and didn't cash checks until MUCH later.

I predict we still have some waiting to do.

Nope, nothing.

Last year, UNC started giving out interviews mid-August and didn't cash checks until MUCH later.

I predict we still have some waiting to do.

I want to e-mail them to check on the status of my application ( if they have everything they need from me) but I guess if they did need something they would send an e-mail.

I wish they would just send an e-mail saying that my app is complete and under review