****The Official UNC Class of 2018 Thread****

invite for september 14th!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Nothing so far, wait listed last year. my heart is broken

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

whoa. i guess they are sending invites. i would have thought next week. hmm. now the wait starts!

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh, penny, don't be heartbroken! I know you got an interview last year, and I'm sure you have improved your application since then. Maybe, just maybe, they are waiting to invite us for a later date. It's not for us to know how this application process works, but I'm sure there is a solid reason. There is absolutely still hope! I'm not yet ready to give up fighting for this phenomenal school.

I know things will work out for all of us, invite or not. Honestly, I think that sometimes, God has a plan for us that we don't initially understand. I used to stress and get worried about things like this, but over the years, I have slowly but surely learned that things will pan out. We will succeed. I know it. We have worked hard. :) Even if things don't happen at UNC, I am fully confident that other doors will be open for us.

For everyone else, I really am so thrilled for you! If you've never been to UNC, it is just a phenomenal school, inside and out. My boyfriend attends UNC and I have been to the school many times--it is extremely welcoming and beautiful. Oh yeah, and you can't forget that their dental program is awesome and well-renowned! ;) Have the best fun next month, and you'll have to let us other hopefuls know how it goes! Congratulations again, and go Heels!

Last edited:
Oh, penny, don't be heartbroken! I know you got an interview last year, and I'm sure you have improved your application since then. Maybe, just maybe, they are waiting to invite us for a later date. It's not for us to know how this application process works, but I'm sure there is a solid reason. There is absolutely still hope! I'm not yet ready to give up fighting for this phenomenal school.

I know things will work out for all of us, invite or not. Honestly, I think that sometimes, God has a plan for us that we don't initially understand. I used to stress and get worried about things like this, but over the years, I have slowly but surely learned that things will pan out. We will succeed. I know it. We have worked hard. :) Even if things don't happen at UNC, I am fully confident that other doors will be open for us.

For everyone else, I really am so thrilled for you! If you've never been to UNC, it is just a phenomenal school, inside and out. My boyfriend attends UNC and I have been to the school many times--it is extremely welcoming and beautiful. Oh yeah, and you can't forget that their dental program is awesome and well-renowned! ;) Have the best fun next month, and you'll have to let us other hopefuls know how it goes! Congratulations again, and go Heels!

Glimmer, it sounds like you think you're not gonna get an invite which I think is funny. They have obviously only sent a few of them so far, I haven't gotten one yet and I'm not in the least bit worried (mostly because I know you haven't gotten one yet either :laugh:). They have plenty of seats, this one group of invites isn't the only group, nor does it mean you're not in their top applicants list. Just give it a few more days.

With your stat and NC resident, I am sure you will get in Glimmer. I am international applicant, that's why I was so desperate. Hope we can get interview invitation on October.

With your stat and NC resident, I am sure you will get in Glimmer. I am international applicant, that's why I was so desperate. Hope we can get interview invitation on October.

Yes the good news is we only have a few more weeks before the oct invite batch is sent out :)

Thanks for the kind words, everyone! GJMeig, you totally have nothing to worry about. You have a great stats, and plus, you applied in a much later batch than some of us! Who knows if they have even gotten around to your batch yet. :)

I am just trying not to kid myself, guys. I haven't heard of anyone applying early to UNC and getting an interview invite to a much later date, but maybe it happens! Wouldn't that be nice. :D

yeah. dont fret about this first interview. the first interview is usually majority OOS and higher stat people. thats just what ive heard the past few years. there are OOS in each interview, but i do believe most are in the first batch.

so dont worry at all. i know its a bummer. but look forward to the next one. at least we can all breathe for a month or two.

If anyone is interested in sharing a hotel on the 13th, drop me a PM. These interview costs are quickly racking up!

For those with interview on 9/14, did you receive a confirmation after accepting the invite?

I replied this morning and didnt hear back.
I received the interview invitation email on thursday and replied - haven't heard back either. I might assume that we won't hear back until the deadline to confirm passes.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Is it bizarre that I haven't had my check cashed yet? I did get the email saying that my application was being actively reviewed on August 1st... I hate waiting without hearing anything for weeks! =/

Is it bizarre that I haven't had my check cashed yet? I did get the email saying that my application was being actively reviewed on August 1st... I hate waiting without hearing anything for weeks! =/

Not bizarre... You won't hear anything unless its an interview invite and then an acceptance/rejection. Waiting is the hardest part but it could be weeks or months...

For those of you who DID get interviews--were your checks cashed?

Thanks for letting me know, Okilito! :) I've done a bit more research and think that maybe they've only dealt with in-staters' checks. Who knows! Thanks again!

Thanks for letting me know, Okilito! :) I've done a bit more research and think that maybe they've only dealt with in-staters' checks. Who knows! Thanks again!

I should've mentioned that I didn't mail my check and supplemental until 7/23.

What are all the interview dates for UNC? Don't they have a total of 4 dates? 3 Pre-Dec and 1 Post-Dec?

only 4 interview dates ??? And no interview offers recently.... I guess that means they've given them all out for Sep 14, so we'll have to wait for the october interview.

Makes me wonder what the heck it takes to get into this school if an in state applicant with a 26 still hasn't heard... she should be an auto-admit !!!

Greeting everyone!

I will try to make a long story short:) I took DAT last night ( DAT 20, PAT 22, by the way), and went to dental school admission office this morning tried to turned the unofficial DAT score in, but the clerk just took my paper, and typed in the score, and returned the unossicial DAT score paper to me. Now my mom questioning me that, what if thie clerk made a mistake typing the score in...blabla, and my mom even called the admission office, and they told her, they cannot share informatin with her, I am kind of worrying too, so, guys, should I go to the office to check, I would not know what to ask....? what you all think? Would the clerk be mad if I ask to verify the scores? or I should Thanks in advance!!! I ask becuase I am from another culture, and not sure, thank you!!!

Last edited:
only 4 interview dates ??? And no interview offers recently.... I guess that means they've given them all out for Sep 14, so we'll have to wait for the october interview.

Makes me wonder what the heck it takes to get into this school if an in state applicant with a 26 still hasn't heard... she should be an auto-admit !!!

I think they give out all of the invites for a particular month in one huge chunk. Folks will hear next for October interviews...

Historically, UNC does primarily OOS students first. However, there are quite a few in-staters that also got invited, so that throws a bit of a wrench in that... but, proportionately, it did seem to be like a LOT of OOS students!

I have heard from a friend on SDN that she knows someone personally who applied first batch, didn't get an interview until November, and then was accepted on December 2nd with a scholarship. The moral of this story is that we can speculate as much as we want, but when it comes down to it, we probably have no idea how things are done in UNC's admissions office... but I'm sure there are great reasons behind what they do! ;):) It may be wishful thinking and maybe UNC truly just doesn't like my application, but for now, I am remaining hopeful! I hope this school gives me a shot, but if they don't, I've found that things always end up ironing themselves out! :)

Historically, UNC does primarily OOS students first. However, there are quite a few in-staters that also got invited, so that throws a bit of a wrench in that... but, proportionately, it did seem to be like a LOT of OOS students!

Yeah I'm sure you'll hear something before the October interview date. Or maybe they're not contacting you because they think you are over-qualified lol. As for me I'm prob screwed since I'm OOS and I didn't make it to the first batch of interviews, but I never expected much anyway seeing how they only take like 15 or 20 OOS. Good thing I have eggs in other baskets!

Yeah I'm sure you'll hear something before the October interview date. Or maybe they're not contacting you because they think you are over-qualified lol. As for me I'm prob screwed since I'm OOS and I didn't make it to the first batch of interviews, but I never expected much anyway seeing how they only take like 15 or 20 OOS. Good thing I have eggs in other baskets!

Did they cash your check?

dunno, if they did it must have been on the previous statement which I can't see for some reason.

They just cashed my check today. I'm gonna guess that UNC does interviews a little differently by some of the people that didn't receive the September 14th interview. I have a feeling they like to space out their applicants so that they get some of the "top applicants" in later interviews to mix it up a bit. Just a guess though.

My check was cashed on Monday (8/26) and I received the interview email on the 15th I believe. It seems random how they're cashing checks.

They just cashed my check today. I'm gonna guess that UNC does interviews a little differently by some of the people that didn't receive the September 14th interview. I have a feeling they like to space out their applicants so that they get some of the "top applicants" in later interviews to mix it up a bit. Just a guess though.

I agree with this. I received the first interview and my stats are pretty decent, but nothing near glimmer or some of the other people that didn't seem to get interviews first round. There is no way they just "didn't like something in the application" to not even offer an interview with stats like that.

i wouldnt worry about "1st round/2nd round" interviews. there are no rounds.

someone who interviews in october or november is just as likely to get in as someone who interviewed in sept.

dont get it stuck in your head. just sit back and wait. if you get an interview, then awesome. if not, im sure there is a reason. just because someone has amazing DAT and GPA doesnt mean they are a great fit for UNC.

there is such thing as "too smart" (i think, lol)

This probably means nothing, but just a random thing I've noticed:

On the "school decisions" tab on AADSAS, mine used to have a "status defined" verbiage for UNC that essentially said, "Your application is currently undergoing a multi-tiered review with our admissions staff etc. etc..." However, that is completely gone now, although my "status" has not changed from "received/under review."

Did anyone else have a similar change?

This probably means nothing, but just a random thing I've noticed:

On the "school decisions" tab on AADSAS, mine used to have a "status defined" verbiage for UNC that essentially said, "Your application is currently undergoing a multi-tiered review with our admissions staff etc. etc..." However, that is completely gone now, although my "status" has not changed from "received/under review."

Did anyone else have a similar change?

All of my 'status defined' comments are gone. "status' column comments didn't change.

Aren't y'all having a pizza party tomorrow night?! I wonder if I could be inconspicuous enough to come in and snag some. :laugh:

Best of luck to you all tomorrow! I hope you love Chapel Hill!

Job well done for all the 9/14 interviewees; was really impressed with most I talked to. Good luck to everyone else, hope to see you in October.

Anybody have a hint as to when the next round of invites will go out? I'm assuming this week, but knowing a day would be nice. :)

interview invite for october 12 around 2:45 this afternoon

Interview invite for Oct. 12th!! Woo HOO! This is my first interview with UNC and it is my 5th year applying! Hard work DOES pay off!

Anyone who interviewed in september: did your aadsas status change from "invited to interview" to "received/under review" ? mine did and just wanted to see if i wasn't the only one

thats happens to a lot of people. its normal. im not sure why it does that. maybe because you're back under review once they interview you..?

Question for y'all: Does anyone know how many more rounds of interviews there are before the last one in January?????

4 total.
1 in Sept
1 in Oct
1 in Nov
1 in Jan

Those not selected for Dec 1 will be re-evaluated (with the Jan interviewees) on Feb 1st (or around then).

And all the interviews have been handed out for the October date, yes? So we are down to 2 rounds left, correct?