UFCVM c/o 2026 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did anyone else (IS) get an email about your residency status?
I have not, and I am IS as well. What information did it give?

Members don't see this ad.

I have not, and I am IS as well. What information did it give?
I'm assuming they will just send them out as they complete them. It told me that my residency status was updated in my UF portal!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
would having an "I" on my transcripts affect anything in anyway? This proffesor just now put in the grade (this was from summer) so I cant really update it. I did get an interview but I`m just worried how much this effected my app :/

Any current students or alumni available to chat about culture at UF? I feel worse about UF after my interview (had some rude/condescending responses from interviewers during interview) and have some questions.

Reactions: 1 users
Any current students or alumni available to chat about culture at UF? I feel worse about UF after my interview (had some rude/condescending responses from interviewers during interview) and have some questions.

I’m so sorry you had a bad experience!! I also had an interview at a school last year (and it was my first choice!) that left me with bad vibes, so I know how that feels. I obviously can’t compare UF to another school because UF is the only school I’ve personally attended, but overall I think UF has a great sense of community and even through the tough moments I’ve had a great group of people around me so far (sometimes not just my friends!). Feel free to post any questions, I know there’s a few other current students who are also in this group that would love to answer as well. If you want to have a more private convo let me know!

Interesting!!
So it seems they'll queue everyone up to announce decisions all at once.
For if they already know who they'd like to admit or deny based on already-held interviews, then we'd have seen some of decisions already..
Should be mid March

Finally got rejected from the interview waitlist lmao 🤪 I’m joking about it because the suspense was messing with me but at the same time I expected not to be taken off. IS and everything. Well onto new adventures! Congrats to everyone that got interviews, and I wish everyone the best and hope you all get accepted!

Reactions: 2 users
Just got an interview experience survey, the email title made my heart stop 😂

Reactions: 3 users
Just got an interview experience survey, the email title made my heart stop 😂
Same. I know not to expect a decision yet, but that email terrified me. I am optimistically hoping we hear before mid March!

Does it really take a whole month after interviews to send out decisions?

Does it really take a whole month after interviews to send out decisions?
I think in some past years they have heard about 10 days after the last interview, but last year they didn't hear until mid March. I think that the Casper results might have something to do with it because the last casper test date was Feb 17th I think? Then it takes about 2 weeks for those results to get sent to the school, so I think that's why it takes awhile for decisions.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think in some past years they have heard about 10 days after the last interview, but last year they didn't hear until mid March. I think that the Casper results might have something to do with it because the last casper test date was Feb 17th I think? Then it takes about 2 weeks for those results to get sent to the school, so I think that's why it takes awhile for decisions.
The vet I work with said she found out in Jan!!

Little late to this Casper test, I take mine on the 17th. What is the reason behind this scoring and does it affect your interview? All the research I have done doesn’t really show what the test is… testing for. What is everybody’s thoughts?

If you took your CASPER on 1/20, Scores are out

I hope so... the anticipation is killing me :(

I know the waiting is so terrible, my mental health really tanked between January and April of last year (I got pulled off the waitlist in April). Please just know that you’re not alone, your feelings are normal, and try to do things that remind you that you are good and worthy and more than just a decision from a school! I know it’s so hard, but we’re all rooting for you and are proud of how far you’ve come!!

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users
If you took your CASPER on 1/20, Scores are out
You do not need to share your score, but I am wondering if you felt your score accurately reflected how you felt you did on the exam.

You do not need to share your score, but I am wondering if you felt your score accurately reflected how you felt you did on the exam.
I felt pretty bad about mine (didn’t really get to finish some questions) but I ended up doing okay. I think it’s kind of hard for a timed exam to accurately access someone’s personality/ethics though 😂

Does anyone know how UF contacts us with decisions? Like is it an email or a call?

Does anyone know how UF contacts us with decisions? Like is it an email or a call?

It’s an email. They emailed current students a few days ago and said they are sending decisions for Class of 2026 in March. We received our decisions on March 11th last year.

Reactions: 3 users
Love that February is a short month... March is just over one week away! Hang in there guys.

It’s an email. They emailed current students a few days ago and said they are sending decisions for Class of 2026 in March. We received our decisions on March 11th last year.
Does that mean decisions are made :nailbiting:

In my application status portal I can’t see my residency status anymore, I am not sure if it’s glitching or what but did that happen to anyone else?

Did we have to manually go in and update our residency? I applied OOS and am still OOS but idk if I needed to update anything

Did we have to manually go in and update our residency? I applied OOS and am still OOS but idk if I needed to update anything
No, you don’t need to update anything if your residency hasn’t changed. Can you see the status in your portal, though?

No, you don’t need to update anything if your residency hasn’t changed. Can you see the status in your portal, though?
No I also can’t see anything about residency on my portal which is why I got worried lol. I don’t remember seeing it at all tbh I mostly just checked my emails. It had my address still though

No I also can’t see anything about residency on my portal which is why I got worried lol. I don’t remember seeing it at all tbh I mostly just checked my emails. It had my address still though
Maybe the residency thing is a glitch and it’s gone for everyone? That’s what I was trying to figure out, or if it meant something lol

Maybe the residency thing is a glitch and it’s gone for everyone? That’s what I was trying to figure out, or if it meant something lol
Or maybe our portals are getting ready to be changed to ACCEPTED 🤔😳

In my application status portal I can’t see my residency status anymore, I am not sure if it’s glitching or what but did that happen to anyone else?
Same happened to me and I'm IS.

Last edited:
Any one else's residency status still say undetermined? Im IS and submitted all the documentation with my application ...

I'm IS and my residency status hasn't wavered since my documents were approved.

Residency only matters for tuition later if accepted. I'd give the registrar a call though if you have questions

Does UF give an admissions scholarships for IS or OOS? Or only when you actually accept the offer? I tried calling but they didnt pick up :/.

Do any of the current UFCVM students know roughly how much the deposit is for accepting a seat?