UFCVM c/o 2026 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi! on that same note— is it the same for the practice management business certificate ? is that also competitive to get into?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Did anyone just get the email that decisions will be released on Monday March 14th because my heart just dropped ?

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Yes…. Ugh whyyyyy I could barely sleep last night as it is!!!!

Reactions: 2 users
That email gave me a heart attack…

Did anyone just get the email that decisions will be released on Monday March 14th because my heart just dropped ?
My heart landed in my stomach when I read “Decision Letter”… too bad I have been telling everyone that the decision is tomorrow *face palm*

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
Hi! on that same note— is it the same for the practice management business certificate ? is that also competitive to get into?
Most of the certificates are obtainable if you really want them, you just have to make sure to keep up your grades to have the GPA requirement.

Reactions: 1 users
Just got confirmation it's 150 seats ( from an official source that shall not be named)

Reactions: 4 users
Just got confirmation it's 150 seats ( from an official source that shall not be named)
That’s a lot bigger than the other vet schools I applied to. Does it ever feel too big, like you might not get as much hands on experience as you would somewhere with a smaller class size?

That’s a lot bigger than the other vet schools I applied to. Does it ever feel too big, like you might not get as much hands on experience as you would somewhere with a smaller class size?
It does I mean I just met 2 people today who are in my class I never met because they split us down the middle at L for last names. The lecture halls aren't built to hold 150. Hopefully covid calms down even more and you all can feel safe doing more social events. I know 2025 has done some great ones and clubs help you meet folks. After clinics in spring of 3rd you'll take classes targeted at your track so you'll meet even more people. We get a lot of hands on through wet labs though.

Joice and Kate in clinical skills try and really help each student and get to know them too so if you come in with less tech clinical skills they help. Heck I had an issue yesterday and I went to them for advice and they helped me out almost no questions asked ( besides what I needed advice on etc) . Dr. Stone and wuerz are great as well you'll meet all of them if you get in. Dr. Stone really helped giving us a wellness talk on grades vs life and the importance of having one or two things outside of vet school you do.

We only had issues in anatomy due to covid ( we went in as 2 person groups sometimes only once a week sometimes 2 to dissect...we had to go after to catch up and that space was limited) but they are I heard talking about splitting the class down the middle for anatomy forever so I everyone can get the hands on time they need.

On the certificates:

Only aquatic animal health requires the 3.0 the rest require you to stay 2.0 and above

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
It does I mean I just met 2 people today who are in my class I never met because they split us down the middle at L for last names. The lecture halls aren't built to hold 150. Hopefully covid calms down even more and you all can feel safe doing more social events. I know 2025 has done some great ones and clubs help you meet folks. After clinics in spring of 3rd you'll take classes targeted at your track so you'll meet even more people. We get a lot of hands on through wet labs though.

Joice and Kate in clinical skills try and really help each student and get to know them too so if you come in with less tech clinical skills they help. Heck I had an issue yesterday and I went to them for advice and they helped me out almost no questions asked ( besides what I needed advice on etc) . Dr. Stone and wuerz are great as well you'll meet all of them if you get in. Dr. Stone really helped giving us a wellness talk on grades vs life and the importance of having one or two things outside of vet school you do.

We only had issues in anatomy due to covid ( we went in as 2 person groups sometimes only once a week sometimes 2 to dissect...we had to go after to catch up and that space was limited) but they are I heard talking about splitting the class down the middle for anatomy forever so I everyone can get the hands on time they need.

On the certificates:

Only aquatic animal health requires the 3.0 the rest require you to stay 2.0 and above
Yeah due to COVID they have split many of our in person labs into Group A and Group B (usually by last name, but for spring semester and large animal anatomy, we got to switch things around and choose which group we wanted to be in). You mainly get to know the people who are in your respective group well, but you don't see too much of the other half of the class unless they attend lecture every day. That's why I highly recommend participating in clubs to get to know other students, go to class socials, participate in the class Facebook and groupchat, etc. As for hands on experience, I wouldn't say it's necessarily lacking, but due to the splint in the class groups, we do complete every other lab in anatomy, so you have to go in on your own time to figure out what the other group did to your specimen. I don't know if this is going to continue next year as well, but this was at least how it has been for the last 2 classes due to COVID. But as @Old-Country-Vet-Tech said, the clinical skills staff is absolutely amazing and will help you out with all the hands on clinical skills that you will be learning your first two years as much as you need.

I know for sure with the larger class size the biggest problem is going to be finding parking, because we already have fairly limited parking options around the vet school, and I do not think parking options will be expanded before the start of the fall semester from what I have been hearing from the professors. Highly recommend investing in a good bike, figuring out the buses in Gainesville, or creating a carpool group with classmates (which if you do get in and accept your offer, I have created a means for you to do that and it will be posted to your class facebook page within the housing guide!) instead of relying on parking at the VAB every day if possible, because if you do not get parking at the VAB, it can be a pretty far walk, and if you are in a hurry, it's very much not ideal.

Yeah due to COVID they have split many of our in person labs into Group A and Group B (usually by last name, but for spring semester and large animal anatomy, we got to switch things around and choose which group we wanted to be in). You mainly get to know the people who are in your respective group well, but you don't see too much of the other half of the class unless they attend lecture every day. That's why I highly recommend participating in clubs to get to know other students, go to class socials, participate in the class Facebook and groupchat, etc. As for hands on experience, I wouldn't say it's necessarily lacking, but due to the splint in the class groups, we do complete every other lab in anatomy, so you have to go in on your own time to figure out what the other group did to your specimen. I don't know if this is going to continue next year as well, but this was at least how it has been for the last 2 classes due to COVID. But as @Old-Country-Vet-Tech said, the clinical skills staff is absolutely amazing and will help you out with all the hands on clinical skills that you will be learning your first two years as much as you need.

I know for sure with the larger class size the biggest problem is going to be finding parking, because we already have fairly limited parking options around the vet school, and I do not think parking options will be expanded before the start of the fall semester from what I have been hearing from the professors. Highly recommend investing in a good bike, figuring out the buses in Gainesville, or creating a carpool group with classmates (which if you do get in and accept your offer, I have created a means for you to do that and it will be posted to your class facebook page within the housing guide!) instead of relying on parking at the VAB every day if possible, because if you do not get parking at the VAB, it can be a pretty far walk, and if you are in a hurry, it's very much not ideal.
I know anatomy was talking about it keeping it split and they are making the area bigger ( but not the surgery lab :( ). For us it was a bit more difficult because we were out more and weren't told that watching the camera on our crew wasn't mandatory during lab. I've heard good things about the split lab though when it's A and B vs Green/blue/orange/etc.

Really I manage parking and driving by either biking if close or watching class online . Look at bus routes when you look at apartments. Mine is close but I have to watch the weather if it's not a day that's a test day. You can get anywhere on campus once at the school through the buses. I've been trying to bike more when I don't have to take electronics etc that may get wet. I did it a lot in grad school to the animal sciences next door.

Can any current student that was accepted OOS give me any information on getting insurance when there? My insurance in my home state would not cover if I ended up moving to Florida. Is it offered through the school?

Y’all 2 more sleeps till you know for bad or worse
Thanks😅 this week has been so tough and I’ve never wanted a weekend to go by so fast … lol good luck everybody !! I hope everyone here gets in!

Can any current student that was accepted OOS give me any information on getting insurance when there? My insurance in my home state would not cover if I ended up moving to Florida. Is it offered through the school?
So I am an out of state student and for the first semester I went with the student health insurance option through UF. It was super easy to manage and any fees were just applied to your tuition. I think it costs around $1000 a semester if I am not mistaken. Everything is totally digital, even your insurance card, and it was easy to use for doctor's appointments and prescription coverage. Now I am back with my parents' insurance since they got a new one as of the first of this year and it has really nice coverage here in Gainesville, but the student insurance option is a really good choice if you don't have insurance that would currently cover you in Florida, or would have very poor coverage here in Gainesville.

Good luck tomorrow everyone! Whether the decision is good, bad, or neutral, just remember that you all have achieved great things to get this far. We are all rooting for you!!! 😄

• Care
Reactions: 13 users
What time do you guys think we’ll hear today? It’s only 8am here and I’m freaking out 😂

• Haha
In the email they sent us it said it would be end of the business day.
Okay that’s what I thought but I was hoping they meant more by the end of business day rather than at the end 😂

All they have to do is push a button 😅😅😅 maybe they will decide to hit it early

I could barely sleep last night 😥

I think this was talked about before in this thread but do they send letters only through email? Or do they call as well.. my heart can’t take it today lol

Ours got send a little after noon.

Only email but if you don't get ANYTHING check your spam and if not call them immediately the system didn't send my email and Lynette had to.

I feel like I’m going to puke 🤢

• Care
Reactions: 9 users
I have confirmation that you will be receiving the decisions via email this afternoon! So keep an eye out! Good luck everyone. We are so excited for you guys!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 9 users
It's brutal. I'm trying to study for finals but I must be checking my email every two minutes.

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
I literally can’t focus on anything. The anxiety in my chest is unreal. My heart literally skips a beat every time I get an email notification and none of them have been the one yet!

Any current students wanna sneak into the office and click send? : )

• Haha
They REALLY meant end of business day I guess, huh? 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
This wait is killing me. :cryi:
This is torture!
I feel like I’m going to cry if I get in and I’m going to cry if I don’t get in lol
Why does every minute feel like an hour right now?

• Care
This is torture!
I feel like I’m going to cry if I get in and I’m going to cry if I don’t get in lol
Why does every minute feel like an hour right now?
100% on the cry no matter the answer lol

• Care
IS acceptance I’m crying rn

Reactions: 3 users
OOS alternate! Congrats to everyone that got accepted!! :)