UFCVM c/o 2026 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is it the second week of March yet? 🙃

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
No deposit!
One of the best things :) you pay after your financial aid is in. You can talk to the school ( talk to billing for UF student health ) also if you can't afford your rabies vaccine without loans and it's I think 300ish maybe a bit more total out of pocket? If you have BCBS through parents there's a code and if on school insurance they I think will cover. I had my own through household on marketplace but the school one is pretty good and will even cover psych and transgender health.

Reactions: 1 users
Does anybody know how many IS and OOS students they`re gonna take this year? It says that they`re taking 94 IS and 36 OOS for 130 total but I thought Alex said that it was bumped up to 150 for the cycle? Since it seems they updated the website for the current cycle it can be different but I just wanted to see if I could figure out some stats.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anybody know how many IS and OOS students they`re gonna take this year? It says that they`re taking 94 IS and 36 OOS for 130 total but I thought Alex said that it was bumped up to 150 for the cycle? Since it seems they updated the website for the current cycle it can be different but I just wanted to see if I could figure out some stats.
After interviews Dr.Ginn said the class size is going to be 140. So 5 more seats for each

After interviews Dr.Ginn said the class size is going to be 140. So 5 more seats for each
Thank you! I dont remember her saying that but I was in the first rounds of interviews and they had some tech issues so it may not have been stated lmao. I wonder how many IS and OOS people got interviews this cycle. It was around 350 or something total right?

Look we heard 160 at first you're just as confused as the students in the school.

• Haha
Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you! I dont remember her saying that but I was in the first rounds of interviews and they had some tech issues so it may not have been stated lmao. I wonder how many IS and OOS people got interviews this cycle. It was around 350 or something total right?
My interview was Jan 29th and that’s when she said they’re aiming for 140! It could be a little more/less since they over accept knowing ppl will decline their offer

Idk how many interviews they conducted I don’t remember Dr.Ginn saying how many they do. But I remember Alex Avelino saying it’s ~350

Last edited:
Ah that makes sense! I was Jan 22 during the first round if interviews and we kept having issues were we were all kicked back into the main "room" so they ended it basically like a few minutes before the next session so I think it may have been forgotten (which yeah makes sense they were super confused on tech issues).

Thank you!

Does anyone know how long after acceptances scholarship info will be given out? I know some schools do after acceptance but before April 15, and others won’t give scholarship info until after matriculation.

Does anyone know how long after acceptances scholarship info will be given out? I know some schools do after acceptance but before April 15, and others won’t give scholarship info until after matriculation.
Oh hell it depends, I know for UF if you didn't fill out your FAFSA when you applied you may not hear till October. I know for Michigan I heard at acceptance.

Any one else's residency status still say undetermined? Im IS and submitted all the documentation with my application ...
Yes, mine still says undetermined as well. It's weird, I had to submit an "activity" this month because apparently there was a gap in the professional application where I didn't state what I would be doing from May 2022 to August 2022, so maybe they needed me to confirm I would be in FL until potentially beginning school in the fall?

Yes, mine still says undetermined as well. It's weird, I had to submit an "activity" this month because apparently there was a gap in the professional application where I didn't state what I would be doing from May 2022 to August 2022, so maybe they needed me to confirm I would be in FL until potentially beginning school in the fall?
Mine still says Florida resident ! If you don’t mind me asking did you go UF for undergrad? I did, so maybe they just had my info already in their system ?

Make sure you check residency status details because they might have left you a message saying you need to submit a different form and/or another one

Mine still says Florida resident ! If you don’t mind me asking did you go UF for undergrad? I did, so maybe they just had my info already in their system ?
Yes, I went to UF for undergrad, then took a gap year before applying, and have been in GV this whole time. So I don't know why my residency status is questionable lol

Starting to lose hope this cycle and UF is one of the last ones to hear from. Do you guys think some time next week?

• Care
Last year was March 11th, the Thursday before spring break. Next week, the 10th is that same date! So hopefully in the later part of the week next week

Reactions: 6 users
I do want to say because I see a lot of exercise stuff on the Instagram. A lot of folks stay home for class and watch on media site. I know personally my class had issues with working out but we are the Rona class and we're really packed in schedule wise. I've found making a rough schedule for workouts and trying to get something in each day has helped me this week. You'll have class at 8am on a day 2nd and 3rd years have an exam and parking is tight. Running before class may not be feasible but maybe after or between lunch etc. Trust me I used to be on the ball fitness wise and I fell off first year but having the mindset to adapt to a shifting schedule really helps.

The animal sciences area is great for a quick run and I've really ( sometimes I don't make myself go but trying to do more) try and make myself hit the gym we get free membership to as students ( SW rec and all UF gyms)

Hit me up if you get in and need a gym or accountability buddy. First year is hard but it's gotten better and the more you are organized going in, the more you've gotten yourself into a routine, the easier it is.

Don't try and reinvent the wheel studying, worst mistake of my life and classmates lives. Do what works for you and don't change because person A is doing B. We have great professors who want you to succeed ( and two or three that are...yeah) but most care.

I suggest reviewing anatomy the summer before getting in regardless of school especially if you didn't take comparative. My little did and he got an A in anatomy. That's a huge feat.

Just as a counterpoint, my vote is to enjoy the summer as much as you can and worry about anatomy when the time comes- I also got an A in anatomy last semester with zero pre-studying and zero exposure to anatomy in undergrad :) It can be done!! You will be taught everything they want you to know once you’re in school. And I don’t think that any reviewing I did over the summer would have helped me anyway- for me, it would have been impossible to learn origin/insertion/action/innervation/arterial supply for muscles that I couldn’t see or touch. Everyone learns differently and I am sure that there are some students who would get something out of pre-studying, but I would not recommend it. Go on a trip, see friends and family, learn to cook or meditate or set up a workout routine instead- you’ll have plenty of time once you’re in school to study! And good luck to everyone currently waiting to hear back- you all will make excellent vets!!

• Care
Today is the day the last set of Casper test results are sent to UF! Praying they send out decisions soon!

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users
quick question; when looking at the Class stats report when it says "Candidate invited: 111" does that include the people on the wait list as well? So like 90 or so are offered a seat with the other are waitlisted adding up to the 111? Or like, is that the number of people offered a seat, no including anything from waitlist?

quick question; when looking at the Class stats report when it says "Candidate invited: 111" does that include the people on the wait list as well? So like 90 or so are offered a seat with the other are waitlisted adding up to the 111? Or like, is that the number of people offered a seat, no including anything from waitlist?
I believe it is the total people offered a seat. So it includes people from waitlist, people that originally accepted, and also people that declined their seat. That’s how I interpreted it.

Was that last years stats??

Anyone else at the point where your heart stops every time you get an email notification!? How are you guys dealing with this anxiety 😵‍💫

Anyone else at the point where your heart stops every time you get an email notification!? How are you guys dealing with this anxiety 😵‍💫
Oh yeah trust me and you curse everytime it's just a please take this survey. I have a feeling it'll be next week because the week after is spring break for us. I dealt with it by throwing myself Into work or hobbies.

Oh yeah trust me and you curse everytime it's just a please take this survey. I have a feeling it'll be next week because the week after is spring break for us. I dealt with it by throwing myself Into work or hobbies.
Quick question about classes at UF, are all lectures in person mandatory/ are any of them pre-recorded to watch at home? I know every vet school differs on this and I’m sure the rona changed a lot of that up for you anyways😅😅

Quick question about classes at UF, are all lectures in person mandatory/ are any of them pre-recorded to watch at home? I know every vet school differs on this and I’m sure the rona changed a lot of that up for you anyways😅😅
So it depends. Also rumor is your class is getting an updated curriculum too. That being said all if not 95% of lectures are recorded on media site. They were before Rona. I think right now about 10-15 people show up for in person class when exams get heavy. Watching from home is definitely a thing. Labs are in person, clinical skills is in person, and anatomy is in person. Anatomy lectures are recorded. Pharmacology this year actually gave us last year's recordings to pre watch so that's good. Only wish we could download them offline for when I'm away from wifi.

Most of our lectures are recorded via Mediasite where you could either watch them live or on your own time from home! There are a few classes your first year that are mandatory in person attendance (such as clinical skills, animal welfare, and nutrition), but the vast majority of the classes can be watched from home if you prefer to do it that way! It's also very nice to be able to go back and watch lectures before exams to review.

Also, as for when decisions should be released for you guys, I have heard from many sources that you should be finding out sometime either this week or next week! Wishing you all the best of luck! Make sure you all have a facebook account because you will be sent the official facebook page for your class when you accept your admission offers! :giggle:

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Most of our lectures are recorded via Mediasite where you could either watch them live or on your own time from home! There are a few classes your first year that are mandatory in person attendance (such as clinical skills, animal welfare, and nutrition), but the vast majority of the classes can be watched from home if you prefer to do it that way! It's also very nice to be able to go back and watch lectures before exams to review.

Also, as for when decisions should be released for you guys, I have heard from many sources that you should be finding out sometime either this week or next week! Wishing you all the best of luck! Make sure you all have a facebook account because you will be sent the official facebook page for your class when you accept your admission offers! :giggle:
Thank you for the info! Did they tell your class how many students they were accepting this cycle? The dean said they increased seats by 10 this year but just wondering if they told current students anything?

Last edited:

So I know from my class ( we have two hard of hearing students) our lectures are closed captioned ( @Biolo_gi has to confirm or @BigCats ) and I don't know if it's standard but if it is it really helps if you have issues with background noise ( ADHD makes everything meld together to me a lot) . The captions are also searchable. Some of the classes will be way too long to review everything before the exam but a few are not. I know once I started watching from home my grades were better somewhat. For some people watching in person is better like a friend of mine you'll figure out what works best.

If you have a good big ( 2nd year paired with you) you'll get a good amount of notes for classes. There's tons of Quizlets, anki decks etc. We also have a Dropbox everyone can use in the class that has years of notes and guides as well as textbooks on it.

Reactions: 1 users
Thank you for the info! Did they tell your class how many students they were accepting this cycle? The dean said they increased seats by 10 this year but just wondering if they told current students anything?
I've heard that your class size is going to be around 150-160 students, which is a pretty big increase from our class size of around 130!

And to go off of what @Old-Country-Vet-Tech said, I can confirm that we do have closed captioning for the majority of our recorded lectures (though they usually are not live captioned unless they are via Zoom). Also, the majority of us in the class of 2025 are more than happy to share our old study materials with you! I personally make a ton of quizlets for each class and I will be sure to provide a link on your dropbox to my quizlet page and/or the class of 2025 quizlet page where you can access some of the really great materials that our classmates have made for each class! Every textbook you need for each class is also on the dropbox, so you won't have to worry too much about buying anything unless you really want a physical copy.

Guys it’s finally THE week :’)

• Love
When do we think the day will be?
A few of us first years were talking today and many of us think Thursday as well since this week last year we received our decisions on Thursday! Good luck to you all 😁

Reactions: 5 users
A few of us first years were talking today and many of us think Thursday as well since this week last year we received our decisions on Thursday! Good luck to you all 😁
Would it still be this week even though yall are on spring break?

Random question for current students: If i am wanting to apply for the Aquatic Animal Medicine Certificate (if I happen to be accepted), is that something I apply for before I matriculate? The last time the page was updated was in 2020 and it says the deadline is March 31.

Random question for current students: If i am wanting to apply for the Aquatic Animal Medicine Certificate (if I happen to be accepted), is that something I apply for before I matriculate? The last time the page was updated was in 2020 and it says the deadline is March 31.
You apply in the spring of your first year! My friend just applied (we’re first years).

Ok great! Is it hard to get, like do a lot of people apply for a small number of spots?
My friend said, “usually only around 10 people apply and they all get it, it’s basically to know how many students want it. You have to keep above a 3.0 GPA to be considered and to keep the certificate.”

My friend said, “usually only around 10 people apply and they all get it, it’s basically to know how many students want it. You have to keep above a 3.0 GPA to be considered and to keep the certificate.”
Perfect, thank you so much!