UGA c/o 2021 Hopefuls

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Mine looks the same as the rest of yours. Hopefully they're starting to look at our applications!

Members don't see this ad.

Mine also looks the same. Hate the waiting game. Perfect time to improve my patience :scared:

Reactions: 1 user
I can't seem to remember my eLearning Commons log-in…does anyone know if it has a standard format?

Members don't see this ad :)
I can't seem to remember my eLearning Commons log-in…does anyone know if it has a standard format?

Your login ID should be your VMCAS ID, and your password is whatever you used for the supplemental (which if you forgot I believe you should be able to reset).

My username is my VMCAS ID and the password I believe I set when I created my eLearning account.

Mine just switched from only the 3 items on the checklist back to the full list...does this mean they're further in the process?

Also, hi! First time poster and first time IS applicant, hoping to pursue large animal!

Welcome @finneganfox ! I also noticed mine switched back about a week ago...not that I was frequently checking or anything :).

From the email previously posted that came from the admissions office, it sounded like they were planning to show the full lists again once the admissions office had completed their initial review. So, I'd assume they are moving along - however, I guess none of us will know for sure until later in the process (but it is fun to speculate at least :) ).

I just received an email stating that they hope to have decisions out mid-late February :nailbiting:

Last edited:
I just received an email stating that they hope to have decision out mid-late February :nailbiting:

me too! I was really hoping it was going to be sooner than that, but at least its an update :soexcited:

Me three on receiving the email! Since UGA doesn't do interviews, I thought it was awesome/thoughtful to get something that lets us know we were passed on to faculty. Even though I "knew" my app was complete, it's nice to hear straight up that it was.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
I'm still hoping that they send decisions out closer to the beginning of February.... but at this point, what's a few more weeks of waiting

I'm still hoping that they send decisions out closer to the beginning of February.... but at this point, what's a few more weeks of waiting

I've heard that days will be comprised of approximately 1 million hours starting Feb 1 ;).

Last edited:
I got that email too - I'm curious if everyone got it or was this some hint that we made it to the next level of review?? Did they really pass along all 1000+ applications to their professors?

Members don't see this ad :)
I got that email too - I'm curious if everyone got it or was this some hint that we made it to the next level of review?? Did they really pass along all 1000+ applications to their professors?

Unfortunately, I don't think any review has been done except for the initial review - from their selection process page (http://vet.uga.edu/admissions/selection):

"Applicants who meet our minimum requirements will be further evaluated by three UGA College of Veterinary Medicine faculty members. These faculty members will review the application independently. Those candidates whose applications are viewed favorably by the faculty will be forwarded to the Admissions committee for further consideration."

Since the email said: "We have collected your entire application and after a preliminary review, we provided it to our faculty reviewers....The information they gather will then be provided to the Admissions Committee who will take all things into consideration in determining their decisions." I think they are just indicating that they have removed those persons who did not meet the minimum requirements and are now passing people on for review by the three faculty members described at the beginning of the process. I have no inside info though, it just seems like it lines up that way :).

I do think this is a nice hurdle though and I'm grateful for the update from them!

Last edited:
I got the email too, I agree it sounds like they have gone through the applications to weed out the applications that didn't meet the minimum requirements. They didn't send out an email like this last year, but I'm thinking this is their replacement for the residency confirmation touch point from previous application years. They'd send out that email around this time of year typically.
On a separate note, in glad it wasn't just me who got the email. I got it and began freaking out over what getting it meant/didn't mean.

At this rate, the decision date will fall painfully close to my birthday. Hoping for the best birthday ever while mentally preparing myself for the worst :nailbiting:

I think applicants got a similar time frame last year, but ended up hearing back in late January. Not getting any hopes up though :p

Last edited:
Does anyone know if they still call the top 10%?

I don't have a straight answer for you or any official insight, but am also curious about this. I noticed on the last two years of SDN hopeful threads people talked about the top 10% calls, but I didn't really see anyone who posted about receiving one. A few people posted about getting one in c/o 2018 thread, but they also received decisions much later than 2019/2020 (Feb 8 for top 10%, Feb 21 for general admissions). Of course, there's not that many people on SDN in the grand scheme of the applicant pool, so it's possible that no one from the top 10% the last two years was here :).

I'm going to assume that they are not doing it, that way if they do and I happen to be in the top 10% then it will be a pleasant surprise! (at this point, I would not be surprised by a flat rejection, waitlist, regular email admission, or top 10%, haha :) ).

Last edited:
Does anyone know if they have started to contact references yet?

I'd give it another week or two since last semester's transcripts are coming up due so they'd probably want those in first. I think it was closer to mid-January they called references last year too, that's when mine were called.

I'd give it another week or two since last semester's transcripts are coming up due so they'd probably want those in first. I think it was closer to mid-January they called references last year too, that's when mine were called.

How do they have you send semester's transcript? Do they notify you by email or?

Thanks for mentioning that, I nearly forgot about submitting my fall transcript. Most schools haven't really asked for them.
How do they have you send semester's transcript? Do they notify you by email or?
http://vet.uga.edu/admissions/deadlines

According to this, "Official transcripts of grades obtained in the summer and fall term, after the application deadline, must be received by UGA College of Veterinary Medicine by this date. The direct address can be found at the top of this webpage."

By address, I assume this one? -
Mailing Address
College of Veterinary Medicine
Office for Academic Affairs
Athens, GA 30602-7372

^ correct. You send your transcript directly to the school instead of VMCAS. If you didn't take any classes you don't need to send your transcript to them though.

^ correct. You send your transcript directly to the school instead of VMCAS. If you didn't take any classes you don't need to send your transcript to them though.

What is the exact due date?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Hi guys quick - possibly silly - question. I just checked my LearningCommons page and I have a list of items including GRE scores, letters, and fees required to apply with a '1/1' beside it. It also has a list of required classes (bio, chem, etc) with a '0/1' beside it. I definitely filled out the supplemental with all the required courses and sent my transcripts to VMCAS....any idea why I have a '0/1' for the classes?

@BishopFaust did you receive the email in November letting you know your application was complete and moved on for faculty review? If you received the email and all of your classes still have a 0/1 beside them then I'd surmise that "checking them off" on ecommons just slipped through the cracks, but I'd still check with them. If it's only a couple of the classes that have a 0/1 then they may not have recorded that those classes have been fulfilled by your current course history (not that they aren't, but there could be a misunderstanding which is totally understandable with 1000-ish or more candidates).

Either way, I'd shoot an email to [email protected] just to check-in on it. Esther in admissions has always been very kind and helpful to me and I've heard great things about Parker as well.

@BishopFaust did you receive the email in November letting you know your application was complete and moved on for faculty review? If you received the email and all of your classes still have a 0/1 beside them then I'd surmise that "checking them off" on ecommons just slipped through the cracks, but I'd still check with them. If it's only a couple of the classes that have a 0/1 then they may not have recorded that those classes have been fulfilled by your current course history (not that they aren't, but there could be a misunderstanding which is totally understandable with 1000-ish or more candidates).

Either way, I'd shoot an email to [email protected] just to check-in on it. Esther in admissions has always been very kind and helpful to me and I've heard great things about Parker as well.
Thanks for the advice. I did receive the email in November...I'll shoot UGA an email just to clarify.

Just an FYI, Esther Mitchell is no longer w the vet school, so I'd email Parker if you have any questions.

Me three on receiving the email! Since UGA doesn't do interviews, I thought it was awesome/thoughtful to get something that lets us know we were passed on to faculty. Even though I "knew" my app was complete, it's nice to hear straight up that it was.

I wonder if they will send out an email to let people know that they made it past the faculty review and on to the admissions committee?...Guessing that is asking too much, the logistics probably would be a nightmare for them at the end of the semester, but a person can dream ;).

Anyone on here know if they sent the email we received today out in the past? I haven't seen it referenced on past UGA threads.

I looked back at my letter I received last cycle about decisions. They sent them on January 28, 2016. Hoping they keep the same schedule this cycle!

Just an FYI, Esther Mitchell is no longer w the vet school, so I'd email Parker if you have any questions.
Thank you, I sent Parker an email but haven't heard back yet.
Is anyone aware if UGA is still closed for the holidays?

Edit: - it appears as though they are open for classes...hmmmm...

Edit: - it appears as though they are open for classes...hmmmm...

UGA closed a little early Friday due to the threat of inclement weather and their office may be playing "catch-up" from the holidays as well, I'm sure you'll hear back soon!

Plus there was llamapocolypse 2017 on Wednesday which I'm sure has no bearing on their office activities, but is totally amazing ;)

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/llama-on-the-loose-near-athens-sheriffs-office-says/481223240

Last edited:
UGA closed a little early Friday due to the threat of inclement weather and their office may be playing "catch-up" from the holidays as well, I'm sure you'll hear back soon!

Plus there was llamapocolypse 2017 on Wednesday which I'm sure has no bearing on their office activities, but is totally amazing ;)

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/llama-on-the-loose-near-athens-sheriffs-office-says/481223240
Awww! Llama!
Thanks for the heads up, my next day off is Wednesday so perhaps I'll call the office if I don't hear back by then.

Does anyone know if we can email our transcript? Or does it have to be regular mail? I've tried calling to ask but they haven't answered. I'm sure they're swamped with everyone's questions during this crazy time.

Does anyone know if we can email our transcript? Or does it have to be regular mail? I've tried calling to ask but they haven't answered. I'm sure they're swamped with everyone's questions during this crazy time.

Was gonna say email works but then realized this isn't the thread I thought I was on and couldn't figure out how to delete on mobile lol. Sorry. Most schools email works...

I unfortunately have to retake organic chemistry. I applied this cycle, and applied with the intentions of taking it this semester, however it did not work out with my schedule. Do any of you guys know if this will completely cancel out my application since that is a prereq?

I unfortunately have to retake organic chemistry. I applied this cycle, and applied with the intentions of taking it this semester, however it did not work out with my schedule. Do any of you guys know if this will completely cancel out my application since that is a prereq?
Did you get a C or better the first time?

Did you get a C or better the first time?
I did not. However, someone was telling me that they had a similar situation and were told they could take it in the summer if accepted.

I had mine regular mailed to the address they have on the website:
  • Please send official copies of your fall transcripts for 2016-2017 application cycle by January 20, 2017 to Admissions Counselor, College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Georgia, Athens, GA 30602

I did not. However, someone was telling me that they had a similar situation and were told they could take it in the summer if accepted.
I concur, depending on the program. If you take it the first summer session you should be good,

Are transcripts due on feb 1st or January 20? Kind of confused

I am like 99% sure all pre reqs need to be completed with a C or better by Spring semester of matriculating year. So you cannot take o Chen this summer.

Are transcripts due on feb 1st or January 20? Kind of confused
In one place it says the 1st and in another it says the 20th so I'm getting it in by the 20th to be safe. Does anyone know when they were due previous years? It seems odd that they would potentially send out acceptances before transcripts were due.

In one place it says the 1st and in another it says the 20th so I'm getting it in by the 20th to be safe. Does anyone know when they were due previous years? It seems odd that they would potentially send out acceptances before transcripts were due.

For the betting pool that I have created for myself that consists of only myself, I'm thinking we will hear a little later this year. Last year's thread indicated they were told they would hear end of Jan or early Feb and they heard on Jan 29-ish. We were told mid-late Feb so I'm guessing it will be at the beginning of that range. Of course, I would be happy to lose my own bet to myself and have it be even earlier (the prize is lame anyway ;) ).

Last edited:
Smart thinking on going for Jan 20. Where did you see the 20th for this year (just out of curiosity)? I saw in the SDN thread from last year people referenced that the website said Feb 1 but ecommons said Jan 20 for c/o 2020. I didn't see anything on ecommons for us so I was going off the deadline section of the school website, but I obviously missed it somewhere.

For the betting pool that I have created for myself that consists of only myself, I'm thinking we will hear a little later this year. Last year's thread indicated they were told they would hear end of Jan or early Feb and they heard on Jan 29-ish. We were told mid-late Feb so I'm guessing it will be at the beginning of that range. Of course, I would be happy to lose my own bet to myself and have it be even earlier (the prize is lame anyway ;) ).
I saw one section of the website that said the 1st for transcripts. However the bullet point in my post above was copied from a different page of the website under the Important Application Notes section of the DVM applications and requirements page.

My bet with myself is hoping it will be on Jan. 27th since last year it was on the 28th I think and a similar date the year before.

FYI for anyone interested - apparently the LC prerequisites page is a new feature this application cycle and probably won't be continued next year (?). I'm told the admissions department lost the team member responsible for updating the page, which means right now the department consists solely of Parker! He's doing a excellent job and he's always extremely helpful.
UGA will, in fact, call references. Since UGA does not MMI's or other interview formats they call and interview references instead.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users