University of Minnesota c/o 2026

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thank you for your reply! Do you remember if last year they told you you would hear on April 15? In the original email I received and in another email I got when I updated them on my new email address, they said we would hear “after the April 15th deadline.” I wasn’t sure if this meant we could still hear on April 15th or if they were planning for later.
My waitlist e-mail said I would hear back after the deadline, as well :) Good luck!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I declined my seat but they said they wanted all responses by 8 am so I would assume it would be the 15th!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)

This is a link to a poll someone made for our decisions about Minnesota if yall want to participate in it!

Wondering if last year, if you know, we’re all the calls made in one day (the 15th)for acceptances off the waiting list .
All the calls are done on the same day. They are followed up by emails sent to everyone at the same time, so if they can't get ahold of you there will still be an update

I declined my OOS seat last night, I hope this makes someone super happy soon!🥰

Reactions: 3 users
I’m IS #15. I’ll update as soon as I get an update 😊 ( I hope so lol)

I got moved up to now being rank#4 for the UMN waiting list for In state

Reactions: 2 users
I just got called off the OOS waitlist but declined! I was number 26, good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
I moved up to 14 on the OOS list! Anyone thinking of declining their seat? ;)

• Care
I got off the IS wait list! I was spot 9.

• Love
My friend was accepted! I think she was actually #11 on the IS waitlist, and she’ll be accepting her position in the class.

How long do those accepted off the waitlist have to decide whether to accept or decline their seat?

How long do those accepted off the waitlist have to decide whether to accept or decline their seat?
April 29th! I most likely will be declining the offer but am going to take the next few days to think about it.

I’m sorry that I keep spamming this thread with nervous messages, but I was wondering if those in the class of 2026 Facebook group have any insight into how the waitlist might move? Is most of the class in it? Do people seem like they might accept seats at other schools if they get pulled off of waitlists? That sort of thing. Thanks!

I accepted my UMN CVM offer as an in-state student.

Best of luck to you all 😊🥳

• Love
Hi everyone!!! I just got off the OOS waitlist, and I was originally ranked 33!!!! I am so excited because I absolutely loved Minnesota! I have a decision to make though! I will keep the waitlisted folks updated!!:)

• Love
Hey guys,

I emailed Minnesota for a rank update today and got this message in response:

“Since our last update, your ranking has moved up to spot #x. Those who were called off the waitlist on Friday, April 15 with offers of admission have until 8 a.m. Central Standard Time on Friday, April 29, 2022 to accept or decline. In the event of another round of offers, we will contact individuals that day. Additionally, we will provide periodic updates over the summer in the event that a student defers admission, etc.”

I was just wondering if anyone familiar with the Minnesota waitlist knows how it works. It seems to suggest that they make offers only on specific days so it’s not like when one person declines they immediately call the next down on the list. Is this correct? Thanks!

Hey guys,

“Since our last update, your ranking has moved up to spot #x. Those who were called off the waitlist on Friday, April 15 with offers of admission have until 8 a.m. Central Standard Time on Friday, April 29, 2022 to accept or decline. In the event of another round of offers, we will contact individuals that day. Additionally, we will provide periodic updates over the summer in the event that a student defers admission, etc.”

I was just wondering if anyone familiar with the Minnesota waitlist knows how it works. It seems to suggest that they make offers only on specific days so it’s not like when one person declines they immediately call the next down on the list. Is this correct? Thanks!

I'm not familiar with the waitlist but by reading that I would say your interpretation is right. It sounds like if there are still seats on 4/29, they will extend additional offers on that date. Good luck!!

Hey guys,

I received my offer via phone call and email yesterday around noon.

I received my offer via phone call and email yesterday around noon.
I wonder if maybe the calls that have gone out since April 15th have been due to people who originally accepted their seat declining it for somewhere else while they plan on waiting 2 weeks only for the calls they made due to people declining prior to the April 15th deadline?

Usually the first two or three rounds of acceptances are done in batches on a single day, and they will send a waitlist update on that day to everyone. After this the movement usually slows down enough that they call people off as they get people declining seats. I believe the waitlist updates continue every 2-4 weeks through the summer

Edit: this is likely influenced by planning other events/ceremonies such as this year's graduation, white coat ceremony, and the start of clinics for rising 4th years. They have more manpower to call as seats open after this transition period is done

After a LOT of thinking, I have decided to accept my OOS seat!!!! I am super excited, and I can't wait to meet everybody!!!! :)

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Anyone know what number they’re on for waitlist
I’m hoping we get an update today. In an earlier email they told me they would send an update on Friday (4/29) but they didn’t seem to so I think they might do it today.

I’m now #2 on the OOS waitlist. :cryi::rofl::cryi:

I am #8 on the OOS waitlist and I just withdrew myself from the rankings due to getting into my instate school.

Congrats everyone on getting accepted!

I’m now #2 on the OOS waitlist. :cryi::rofl::cryi:
How much more do you think it might move? Also do we think they’re going to wait for two weeks before they’ll send any offers due to people declining their offers made today (if anyone does, of course)?

Does anyone want to email and ask for a rank update to see if it’s moved at all/if they offer seats as they open or if we’ll have to wait until May 16?

I would but I feel like I email them too often lol

Does anyone want to email and ask for a rank update to see if it’s moved at all/if they offer seats as they open or if we’ll have to wait until May 16?

I would but I feel like I email them too often lol
As someone who worked for student affairs office briefly, I am going to encourage that you wait a couple more weeks before emailing about rank updates. The class of 2023 just started clinics this week and my class is graduating a week from Saturday, so ASA has a lot on their plate right now.

I know how hard it is to wait, trust me, but sitting and checking your email worrying about it constantly and trying to calculate your spot is very draining. I anticipate that after the 16th (Monday after commencement is done) there may be another update and/or they will transition to rolling admissions as spots open. If people get calls earlier, great! It will be an excellent surprise. Otherwise, just do your best to take care of yourself in the meantime <3

Reactions: 4 users
I'm #2 on IS. What are my chances or when should I stop considering? My rent is up on July 31st so I need to start finding a place to live regardless.

I'm #2 on IS. What are my chances or when should I stop considering? My rent is up on July 31st so I need to start finding a place to live regardless.
I’d say hang in there, at least until the end of June.