Vote for President

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Vote for President

• Hillary Clinton

Votes: 150 52.1%
  • Donald Trump

Votes: 138 47.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
At this point I'm reminded of the plan Steve Buscemi's character had in Armageddon ... pick out a comfortable spot on the asteroid and ride it in to smash the earth.

Whatever happens from here out, it's going to be a hell of a ride.

That and Jack Nicholson in Mars Attacks: "I want the people to know that they still have 2 out of 3 branches of the government working for them, and that ain't bad." How much damage can a president do all by himself, anyway?

Congress is working for us? Lol

Members don't see this ad.

The GOP should confirm Obama's SCOTUS nominee next month. Hillary's pick will be far worse. As for Trump winning the Presidency I don't see it happening because of the way he has alienated Latino, Female and even Black voters not to mention all the young people under 25. Trump has the white, male over 50 voter by a wide margin but that won't get him elected to the Presidency in 2016 like it would have in 1976.

And you think Kasich or Cruz were better options? Don't kid yourself. Hillary wins either way. Trump might actually gain more pull from non Republicans. I'm not convinced Hillary loses but I'm less convinced of a sure fire win like it would have been versus Cruz/Kasich. Depends on who Trump picks for Veep.

Sorry, sir, but once Clinton becomes president, she'll elect at least 1 (and likely 2-3) Supreme Court justice(s) during her presidency, plus a large number of federal judges. And with Trump leading the ticket, swing state Republicans in Congress are feeling some significant unease. I don't see things going quite as strongly Democrat as they did in 2008, but I think Trump is the GOP's worst-case scenario for this fall.

No. Cruz was the worse case scenario

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
The GOP should confirm Obama's SCOTUS nominee next month. Hillary's pick will be far worse. As for Trump winning the Presidency I don't see it happening because of the way he has alienated Latino, Female and even Black voters not to mention all the young people under 25. Trump has the white, male over 50 voter by a wide margin but that won't get him elected to the Presidency in 2016 like it would have in 1976.
I'm pretty sure Obama will just pull back his nominee now that he's in a position of power and propose someone less moderate. This is going to be lulzy, the Republicans made a big bet and they lost so, so hard, just as I predicted. Now they're going to pay for their stupid obstructionist nonsense.
the-guys-behind-babesfortrump-reveal-the-reasoning-behind-their-instagram-success_1.jpg

Time to make America great again :hilarious:

Reactions: 1 user
I doubt it. Polls consistently show Clinton winning in a Trump v. Clinton match-up. They are both very well-known personalities at this point, so pollsters are expecting less swings compared to other candidates like Obama who was less of a known entity in 2008. By mid-June, I think Nate Silver will have called it for Clinton. He was wrong about Trump once, but national polling is much more accurate.

Barring something explosive coming out of Clinton's ongoing House investigations (not super likely IMHO given they've been dragging these things on for years at this point without substantial charges) or some other unforeseen event, I have a hard time seeing Trump winning the general election with these kind of favorability ratings. And for every Dem that goes for Trump, I am reading about an R that goes for Hillary.

Pgg has more cred on this board as he's a legit libertarian, but I'll say it as a Dem anyhow: Trump is a bad person. He's racist, xenophobic, prejudiced, and his lifelong MO is as a huge misogynist. He's petty and capricious. The main pillars of his platform on how to "make America great again" will ruin the country. He will cause huge economic upheaval by starting trade wars with China and others. He will alienate any remaining Middle Eastern allies we have by banning all Muslims from entering the country. He will cause outright revolt in the military by reinstating waterboarding and torture.

Almost any policy proposal that he has thrown out has received open scorn from experts who make it their job to understand the nuance of these situations. Trump and his supporters don't care about that because they have no grasp on reality and cannot comprehend that them wanting it to be so doesn't make it so.

The theatrics are strong in this one.

The world was gonna end with Obama and Dubya, too.

And you think Kasich or Cruz were better options? Don't kid yourself. Hillary wins either way. Trump might actually gain more pull from non Republicans. I'm not convinced Hillary loses but I'm less convinced of a sure fire win like it would have been versus Cruz/Kasich. Depends on who Trump picks for Veep.
Kasich stood a chance. Cruz was a nightmare for everyone involved. Trump isn't good, but... Well, I honestly believe Cruz was worse. He was faaaaar too right wing and overly religious in that particular way that could actually burn the country to the ground. Trump won't get close enough to do so, thankfully.

Kasich stood a chance. Cruz was a nightmare for everyone involved. Trump isn't good, but... Well, I honestly believe Cruz was worse. He was faaaaar too right wing and overly religious in that particular way that could actually burn the country to the ground. Trump won't get close enough to do so, thankfully.

Kasich is too much like Romney and can't debate worth crap. He only stood a chance because nobody has been focusing on him. He would tank if folks took him seriously. He could probably maybe win a pie eating contest though!

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure Obama will just pull back his nominee now that he's in a position of power and propose someone less moderate. This is going to be lulzy, the Republicans made a big bet and they lost so, so hard, just as I predicted. Now they're going to pay for their stupid obstructionist nonsense.
the-guys-behind-babesfortrump-reveal-the-reasoning-behind-their-instagram-success_1.jpg

Time to make America great again :hilarious:
I wonder who is hotter: Trump girls or Obama girl.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm pretty sure Obama will just pull back his nominee now that he's in a position of power and propose someone less moderate.

I doubt that.

This is going to be lulzy, the Republicans made a big bet and they lost so, so hard, just as I predicted. Now they're going to pay for their stupid obstructionist nonsense.
Losing with style is all the Republican Party did in 2008 and 2012, too. Now it seems Trump is poised to take the style of losing to a new level.

Or maybe he'll win. I don't know which way is up any more.

I doubt that.

Losing with style is all the Republican Party did in 2008 and 2012, too. Now it seems Trump is poised to take the style of losing to a new level.

Or maybe he'll win. I don't know which way is up any more.
Trump is tapping into an undercurrent I predicted 6 years ago- a reactionary conservatism that would be rooted in the Democratic sweeping of the House, Senate, and Presidency that led to Obamacare. It exists, believe it or not, even on the Left to some degree. Trump is doing far better than polls would indicate because a lot of people are afraid to admit they support him, a trend I believe will continue. I do not believe he will take the POTUS nomination, but I do believe it will be closer than anyone could imagine and that this will be the death knell of the Right in America, unfortunately.

this will be the death knell of the Right in America, unfortunately.
I'll be honest, I'm not sad at all to see the likes of Cruz (or any evangelical candidate) fail. They are primary cancer in the Republican party. Everything else is metastatic disease.

I don't know what Trump is. Maybe he's the tuberculosis infection that'll kill the patient before the cancer does.

Reactions: 2 users
Nate Silver has predicted the past 4 national elections with impressive accuracy. Feel free to bet against him at your own risk.

View attachment 203257
Yeah, because Nate Silver has been doing so well this election in regard to the predictions...

If you know of a major party presumptive nominee who has suggested dipping bullets in pigs' blood or killing the entire families of terrorists, feel free to share the link. Or when 121 members of the nominee's own party wrote an open letter saying his described actions were abhorent. I know this board goes Chicken Little on a semi-regular basis, but new lows can in fact be reached. So far, my favorite is when the Republican nominees discussed their dick lengths in a national debate. That was special.

The theatrics are strong in this one.

The world was gonna end with Obama and Dubya, too.

Nate Silver has predicted the past 4 national elections with impressive accuracy. Feel free to bet against him at your own risk.

If you know of a major party presumptive nominee who has suggested dipping bullets in pigs' blood or killing the entire families of terrorists, feel free to share the link. Or when 121 members of the nominee's own party wrote an open letter saying his described actions were abhorent. I know this board goes Chicken Little on a semi-regular basis, but new lows can in fact be reached. So far, my favorite is when the Republican nominees discussed their dick lengths in a national debate. That was special.

And Silver can eat Crow...

You really think it was difficult to predict Bush winning the second time and Obama winning X 2, then I have an ocean front property waiting for you in KS.

You really think it was difficult to predict Bush winning the second time and Obama winning X 2, then I have an ocean front property waiting for you in KS.
Give Nate Silver some credit.

Before he came on the scene, there was ZERO rigorous and scientific evaluation and commentary on political polls. It was like financial TV. 100% handwaving and confident assertions totally devoid of data, theory, and feedback from reality. He's done a lot of impressive work and has changed the field. To dismiss his body of work and other accomplishments because he was wrong about Trump is silly.

He's also consistently good at self-analysis and looking for cause of errors in his results, whether big or small. This is unlike just about every political pundit, predictor, and talking head in history, who typically won't even admit they were ever wrong, much less look for the reasons why.

Even today he acknowledged how completely his team missed the Republican primary, and discussed some of the reasons why.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/why-republican-voters-decided-on-trump/

45% of doctors on here welcome paying higher taxes.

45% of doctors on here welcome paying higher taxes.
Really? How did you arrive to that number?

If you think that everybody voting for Clinton (versus Trump) wants higher taxes, you should redo your psych residency, or apply as a patient.

If I end up voting for Clinton, it will be for the lesser evil, after a lot of soul searching. There are some things that should be unacceptable for a president, especially of the United States, and Donald Trump has way more on his record (while Hillary's slate is not clean either). I would love to be able to vote for a third candidate.

Last edited by a moderator:
We cannot accept half a candidate. We accept the whole. And this whole is less objectionable than the alternative. So subconsciously you welcome all of Hillary because you cannot tolerate not only Trump, but also a hypocritical self. We all seek our true self, where no lies exist against ourselves, and thus must welcome our decision ex utero. After your conscious struggle, if it's Hillary you vote for, it's all of her you welcome, whether you realize it or not.

We cannot accept half a candidate. We accept the whole. And this whole is less objectionable than the alternative. So subconsciously you welcome all of Hillary because you cannot tolerate not only Trump, but also a hypocritical self. We all seek our true self, where no lies exist against ourselves, and thus must welcome our decision ex utero. After your conscious struggle, if it's Hillary you vote for, it's all of her you welcome, whether you realize it or not.
I can't tell if this is parody or not.

Reactions: 3 users
Really? How did you arrive to that number?

If you think that everybody voting for Clinton (versus Trump) wants higher taxes, you should redo your psych residency, or apply as a patient.

If I end up voting for Clinton, it will be for the lesser evil, after a lot of soul searching. There are some things that should be unacceptable for a president, especially of the United States, and Donald Trump has way more on his record (while Hillary's slate is not clean either). I would love to be able to vote for a third candidate.

What makes Clinton more palatable than Trump?
Don't even tell me about him being a racist/xenophobe. He never said he's anti-colored people or anti-foreigner. He's anti-illegal immigration and anti- accepting unvetted Middle Eastern refugees. Clinton has been on record making disparaging comments about Blacks, women, children who are rape victims. She is in bed with big business. It's funny lawmakers think doctors will be influenced by big pharma over little gifts and dinners but that these politicians are somehow Teflon from big business influence. What a joke.

I will wait to make my decision when they start preparing for the general election. There's enough Democrats who are anti-Clinton that it'll be interesting to see. I don't do hash tags but I will at this time #Never4Hillary. I don't want her to drop out because Bernie would probably destroy Trump in a landslide. Clinton won't.

Clinton wins if the bozos who are typically Republican go out and vote for Clinton.

Lol

Do you believe in free will?

What makes Clinton more palatable than Trump?
Don't even tell me about him being a racist/xenophobe. He never said he's anti-colored people or anti-foreigner. He's anti-illegal immigration and anti- accepting unvetted Middle Eastern refugees. Clinton has been on record making disparaging comments about Blacks, women, children who are rape victims. She is in bed with big business. It's funny lawmakers think doctors will be influenced by big pharma over little gifts and dinners but that these politicians are somehow Teflon from big business influence. What a joke.

I will wait to make my decision when they start preparing for the general election. There's enough Democrats who are anti-Clinton that it'll be interesting to see. I don't do hash tags but I will at this time #Never4Hillary. I don't want her to drop out because Bernie would probably destroy Trump in a landslide. Clinton won't.

Clinton wins if the bozos who are typically Republican go out and vote for Clinton.
Please post references to her record of "disparaging comments about blacks, women, children who are rape victims." That would DEFINITELY eliminate her as a potential president in my book...

But if you don't have transcripts or video/audio, then you're just spreading hackish innuendo as something "on record." That's a slimy political tactic. You've said you don't like slimy political tactics.

Before you say I'm just 'gullible' for doubting her racist, misoginistic, child rape support, I'm just asking for what you've found "on record."

I guess this is a ridiculously semantic way of saying we accept the faults in people we support because the alternative is worse? No kidding.
If you're making the leap to say we then CONDONE the negatives, that's ridiculous, and I hope that's not what you mean. A parent doesn't condone theft, consciously OR subconsciously, just because they still love and accept their kid after they get caught stealing.

I hope I'm not feeding a troll here.

Don't even tell me about him being a racist/xenophobe. He never said he's anti-colored people or anti-foreigner. He's anti-illegal immigration and anti- accepting unvetted Middle Eastern refugees.

Lee Atwater would be so proud.

"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lee_Atwater#Atwater_on_the_Southern_Strategy

Atwater: As to the whole Southern strategy that Harry S. Dent, Sr. and others put together in 1968, opposition to the Voting Rights Act would have been a central part of keeping the South. Now you don't have to do that. All you have to do to keep the South is for Reagan to run in place on the issues he's campaigned on since 1964 and that's fiscal conservatism, balancing the budget, cut taxes, you know, the whole cluster.

Questioner: But the fact is, isn't it, that Reagan does get to the Wallace voter and to the racist side of the Wallace voter by doing away with legal services, by cutting down on food stamps?

Atwater: You start out in 1954 by saying, "N ******, ******, ******." By 1968 you can't say "******"—that hurts you. Backfires. So you say stuff like forced busing, states' rights and all that stuff. You're getting so abstract now [that] you're talking about cutting taxes, and all these things you're talking about are totally economic things and a byproduct of them is [that] blacks get hurt worse than whites. And subconsciously maybe that is part of it. I'm not saying that. But I'm saying that if it is getting that abstract, and that coded, that we are doing away with the racial problem one way or the other. You follow me—because obviously sitting around saying, "We want to cut this," is much more abstract than even the busing thing, and a hell of a lot more abstract than "******, ******."[10][11]
"

And FYI, the Trump campaign statement about Muslims was "“total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States until our country's representatives can figure out what is going on.”

This was the same logic used to stop immigration and intern 120,000 law-abiding Japanese during WWII.

Last edited:
Lee Atwater would be so proud.

"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lee_Atwater#Atwater_on_the_Southern_Strategy

Atwater: As to the whole Southern strategy that Harry S. Dent, Sr. and others put together in 1968, opposition to the Voting Rights Act would have been a central part of keeping the South. Now you don't have to do that. All you have to do to keep the South is for Reagan to run in place on the issues he's campaigned on since 1964 and that's fiscal conservatism, balancing the budget, cut taxes, you know, the whole cluster.

Questioner: But the fact is, isn't it, that Reagan does get to the Wallace voter and to the racist side of the Wallace voter by doing away with legal services, by cutting down on food stamps?

Atwater: You start out in 1954 by saying, "N ******, ******, ******." By 1968 you can't say "******"—that hurts you. Backfires. So you say stuff like forced busing, states' rights and all that stuff. You're getting so abstract now [that] you're talking about cutting taxes, and all these things you're talking about are totally economic things and a byproduct of them is [that] blacks get hurt worse than whites. And subconsciously maybe that is part of it. I'm not saying that. But I'm saying that if it is getting that abstract, and that coded, that we are doing away with the racial problem one way or the other. You follow me—because obviously sitting around saying, "We want to cut this," is much more abstract than even the busing thing, and a hell of a lot more abstract than "******, ******."[10][11]
"

And FYI, the Trump campaign statement about Muslims was "“total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States until our country's representatives can figure out what is going on.”

This was the same logic used to stop immigration and intern 120,000 law-abiding Japanese during WWII.

Your favorite Democrat instituted internment camps for Japanese folks

Please post references to her record of "disparaging comments about blacks, women, children who are rape victims." That would DEFINITELY eliminate her as a potential president in my book...

But if you don't have transcripts or video/audio, then you're just spreading hackish innuendo as something "on record." That's a slimy political tactic. You've said you don't like slimy political tactics.

Before you say I'm just 'gullible' for doubting her racist, misoginistic, child rape support, I'm just asking for what you've found "on record."

Currently out for Cinco de Mayo...

On Blacks: http://www.thenation.com/article/hillary-clinton-does-not-deserve-black-peoples-votes/
- crime bill
- called black children super predators and animals
- legislation that inherently was anti-minority

On Jews: http://observer.com/2016/02/hillarys-email-trail-of-troubling-anti-israel-conversations/

On women: http://www.thepoliticalinsider.com/...by-bill-clinton-drops-a-bomb-on-hillary-whoa/
http://www.westernjournalism.com/here-are-the-top-5-reasons-hillary-clinton-is-anti-woman/
http://thefederalist.com/2016/03/11/women-have-good-reasons-for-not-supporting-hillary/
- used intimidation tactics, character assassinations, and lied to support Bill in his initial candidacy

Child rape case: http://dailycaller.com/2014/07/08/h...2-year-old-rape-victim-she-maligned-in-court/
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...on-took-me-through-hell-rape-victim-says.html

This isn't hard and I've still got a little buzz. I'm sure you'll turn around and tell me it's all fabricated.

Last edited:
I'm not supporting her, either. But I'm glad that you're finally not denying that Trump is a bigot.

I never said he wasn't a bigot.

Clearly the decision on who to vote for is between two of the same, except one is clearly in over her head. She could not handle the position of Sec of State. She had deleted emails over sensitive subjects that were stored in her personal server, and it was reportedly easy to hack. http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-...i-got-inside-hillarys-completely-unsecured-se

Trump has said stuff and Hillary has said stuff that would be offensive to individuals. Hillary has flip-flopped at the drop of the hat, within a matter of months. She has no stance. She is a total lying chameleon and just does not care. She is very flippant in her responses. It is true that Trump has changed his stances, too. However, he was never a political leader and likely has said and done a lot of things to further his business ventures. Both are bad options, but we have to pick between the two and I don't believe Hillary is the lesser evil of two.

First she wants to end coal mining and put coal miners out of jobs, then tells them she wants to help protect their jobs. Which is it? She calls black youths super predators and animals, then claims to want to help them move up in life. Which is it? She used to support Barry Goldwater when he ran for President. She has no ethics or moral standing and will change her position at the drop of the hat. Have you been watching the Democratic debates? Sanders has swung her so far left to the point that she's no longer believable and the Sanders electorate acknowledges this and want her out.

If Nixon resigned over minutes of deleted recordings, she is still somehow able to run and almost be President?

The only way she comes into office is if the Right leaning electorate votes for her. The "Progressive Lefts" have started a new movement demanding her to drop out.

Meanwhile, governors like the one in VA are working out ways to restore voting rights to ex-felons in an effort to help Hillary win.

Last edited:
I usually do read what people offer. I want to see if I'm mistaken and have missed things.
Did you actually go through and read the articles or watch the embedded videos in the links there?

Here's some of the proof you offered:
Bill Clinton pushed an expensive crime bill that significantly effected the black community. And almost unanimously passed. And she pushed it by calling gang members (who I guess you're saying are all black?) "super-predators", who needed to be "brought to heel". That's your proof of her hatred for black people. That statement and crime bill 20 years ago.

She hates Jews because her friend (a Jew) sent her their son's (also of course a Jew) papers on the over aggressiveness of Israel's policies towards Palestine, and she reacted favorably. That's her Jewish disparagement.

She's pro-abortion. More girl babies get aborted. You sent me a paper that literally used that as an argument for her lack of support of women. Seriously, read it.

We already discussed the rape trial. You've concluded she thinks child rape is funny. I would absolutely NEVER defend someone who felt that way. I'm comfortable defending her in that particular subject.

When you hate someone, it's easy to be gullible in accepting every negative you read about them, no matter how flimsy or opinionated. I do that myself PLENTY. But I guess even though I don't really like Hillary, I don't hate her enough to buy all the sh1t her opponents are selling.

Reactions: 2 users
1. Climate Change- The Climate has always been changing on Earth. While some believe man is the main force behind the climate change I do not. I think the hoopla over man made climate changes are exaggerated to fit a political agenda.

2. Evolution- Evidence for evolution is weak by scientific standards (that's why it is just a theory with missing links) but any evolution which did occur was performed by the guiding hand of the Lord Himself.

These 2 issues are minor compared to our spiraling debt, bad public policy of free-handouts and subsidies along with our inept commander in chief.

The only 2 GOP candidates who I trust to try to curtail govt. spending are Rand Paul and Ted Cruz; that's the issue which matters to me the most. My second biggest issue is NATIONAL SECURITY and I give the edge to Cruz over Paul on that one.

You are joking right?

Neither. Is this the best that America can offer?
The Hilda beast is going to spend away taxpayers money to help her comrades and make it worse for doctors and she will bring in single payor govt insurance like the NHS. Utter failure.
The other guy is egotistical megalomaniac who might be crazy. Once elected he is not going to care about the middle class working poor. I cannot imagine this insanity.

Blah blah blah....I want to know which candidate will make me more money!!! We need a thread with info on that. I hate them both so I might as well benefit somehow. Someone break it down for me.

Blah blah blah....I want to know which candidate will make me more money!!! We need a thread with info on that. I hate them both so I might as well benefit somehow. Someone break it down for me.
Trump, until he angrily nukes something

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile app

Trump, until he angrily nukes something

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile app
why will he make me more money, I'm not greedy but my democrat friends were too dumb to elect someone who may have brought change. So I now need to understand in simple terms.

It's funny that people call Trump a bigot, when he's not actually a bigot.

Default accusations from the leftists are "racist, misogynist, xenophobe", and nobody cares anymore, because everyone is accused of this now.

Status
Not open for further replies.