Western University - Lebanon (COMP-NW) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
anyone else go for the october 24th interview? I signed up for it but am wondering if the fact that it is 2 months from now will hurt me due to rolling acceptances...
I'm going to that one, but I think it is still early enough in the season being the second interview group to go.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yea =/. Damn, looks like a lot of people have this issue. I submitted on day one too, so I'm guessing mine got buried the deluge of applications. Whoever got interview invites at this point is really lucky, but it makes me really wonder how this will impact our chances with the rolling admissions this place has.
I'm starting to think the same thing. Not sure applying early will make much of a difference here since people who applied several weeks after me were offered ii's and my app isn't complete yet.

Hey everyone! First year student here! Shoot me any questions or concerns you may have about the school and/or the area and I'll try and answer them as best I can! Good luck!

a few questions for those with II's.
a) OOS/IS? ties to PNW?
b) complete date?
c) stats?

Just kinda trying try and figure out where I stand in the process/timeline :)

Thank yall!
IS, I was complete very early in August with LizzyM 65-67

Hi all, I'm a first year student and as someone who was very recently in your situation, I thought I'd weigh in to relieve some stress!
First of all, there are a lot of OOS students in our class although the majority are definitely from the WA/OR area (or lived there at some point). While I don't think that being OOS will hurt you, it definitely is something they care about. The school is very dedicated to the PNW and OR state, and is looking for future physicians who want to practice in this area and contribute to the community (that is why they built the school here, after all!) I also felt that during interviews, they were looking for qualities that make you a diverse addition to the class and the school. So try your best not to give generic answers on the secondary, dig deep and come up with something original that will let them know what you're about! (While still maintaining your professionality, of course!)

Lastly, to those of you concerned about rolling admissions: I interviewed in January and was accepted within 2 weeks, and a lot of people from my interview group ended up in my class as well. My stats were extremely average and I am from the PNW. The interviewers were most interested in my personality, why I wanted to be a DO in the PNW, and my thoughts on working with the underserved. If your app is delayed, keep in mind that COMP and COMPNW are receiving record numbers of applicants (probably in the 8k range to Pomona and 4k to Lebanon) so don't fret! Plus, all the more reason to spend extra time on your secondary so you stand out!

A disclaimer: I am not part of admissions. My advice is purely based on my own experience.

Good luck to all of you!

Reactions: 3 users
Submitted my secondary on 7/20. Application still shows that I have items missing (just my letters of recommendation). Tried emailing the staff multiple times and they are unbelievably not helpful at all. Definitely stinks, tried to submit my application early and still incomplete at this school. All the other DO schools I have applied to received my letters of recommendation without a problem. Hoping something changes soon.

29 MCAT (retake; raised exam from 25 MCAT)
3.79cGPA
3.67sGPA
Chemistry Degree

I'm having the same issue. I submitted my secondary on 7/22, it is still showing my LoR as incomplete, but they were all bundled in with my AACOMAS application. I sent them an email about it and was basically told that it is taking longer than their typical 10 day waiting period...it has been almost a month since I submitted.

I'm having the same issue. I submitted my secondary on 7/22, it is still showing my LoR as incomplete, but they were all bundled in with my AACOMAS application. I sent them an email about it and was basically told that it is taking longer than their typical 10 day waiting period...it has been almost a month since I submitted.
I've emailed twice and left a couple voicemails as I am in the exact same situation-- very frustrating.

i actually just saw on the website that for expedited receipt of letters you have to use virtual eval or interfolio...

II just now via email. :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
Anybody know if I can just submit my secondary without an invite? (I have access from Pomona) I think I will get one but it is taking forever

Last edited:
Anybody know if I can just submit my interview without an invite? (I have access from Pomona) I think I will get one but it is taking forever

I think you mean secondary, and yeah it is what I am going to do as well

Anyone else having trouble finding the Western U Pomona 2015-2016 Thread?

Late to this game but hopefully some good vibes will come my way!

Are we supposed to answer the question about extenuating circumstances (poor grades, course withdrawals, etc.) or is it optional? I mean, I have some C's, but don't have any good explanation as to why.

Did anyone answer this question? I might just leave it blank, though it says it's "required"

Hi does anyone know if I have already submitted a secondary to the Pomona campus and sent the LORs through Interfolio if I have to resend them for the Lebanon campus? The address on Interfolio says: Western University of Health Sciences/College of Osteopathic Medicine of the Pacific 2016 Letters of Recommendation (Pomona & Lebanon Campuses). Thanks!

Hi does anyone know if I have already submitted a secondary to the Pomona campus and sent the LORs through Interfolio if I have to resend them for the Lebanon campus? The address on Interfolio says: Western University of Health Sciences/College of Osteopathic Medicine of the Pacific 2016 Letters of Recommendation (Pomona & Lebanon Campuses). Thanks!

You only send them once for both schools.

You only send them once for both schools.
Thank you, I was just coming back here to say I had found the answer but the quick reply is appreciated!

This is my answer: "None."

Do you honestly need to explain any of the mentioned circumstances? I dont see how any possible explanation could put you in a more positive light. The bottom line is that you don't have a chance in hell if you need to make excuses for yourself.

BTW, I got a complete and II in 24 hours after submitting my secondary. Therefore, my answer is perfectly acceptable.

Thanks, I submitted last night and wrote some info about being done with school about a year ago but working and volunteering right now. But yes I agree with you 100%

Posted this in the Pomona thread too, but maybe someone here will know something cause it's affecting both schools for me:

I just resent my science letters because they said they never got them; but they did get my physician letter

anybody else have this happen? or are they maybe just backlogged?
sent all my stuff (letters and sceondary) on 22 July

Posted this in the Pomona thread too, but maybe someone here will know something cause it's affecting both schools for me:

I just resent my science letters because they said they never got them; but they did get my physician letter

anybody else have this happen? or are they maybe just backlogged?
sent all my stuff (letters and sceondary) on 22 July
I had the same thing happen to me. I emailed them and eventually it was resolved. Unfortunately, it did take around 3 weeks. :(

letters of recommendation finally received! submitted my secondary 7/21. should be complete any day now

I got an email yesterday asking to confirm my interview date and also inviting me to attend a social event Friday night the day before the interview.

Just received an email indicating my app is complete! Cmon II..

I received an email for an II! Then 2 hours later got the app complete email!!

Reactions: 1 users
How long did it take you guys to get an II from the time you got the complete email? This is my top choice campus as I want to live and practice in Oregon!! I'm really praying and crossing my fingers for this one.

Does anybody know if it's possible to have the interview end around 4pm and make it back to the Portland airport for a 7:55pm flight?

Does anybody know if it's possible to have the interview end around 4pm and make it back to the Portland airport for a 7:55pm flight?

What day of the week?

I would say if you have a Saturday interview you could probably manage this.

Yeah, it's Saturday September 12th.

Should be okay then. Lebanon to PDX is about an hour 45 minutes. Traffic is a nightmare during the week, that's why I was asking

II yesterday. MCAT 30, cGPA 3.91, sGPA 3.90, Sociology Major, WA resident.

Anyone know of any good hotels to stay at that are close to the school, nice, and affordable? I have checked the list they give, but wondering if anyone from here would have any suggestions??

Congrats to those with II's today! Mind sharing stats? IS or OOS? Also what is your application status online?

Sorry for all the questions but I'm so interested in this school!

II as well 3.6/28 OOS not in pnw it took about a week for mine.

II today! OOS (no ties to the NW--go figure; honestly wasn't expecting an interview here), 3.49 GPAs and c, 32. Complete on Aug 26th.

Complete on Aug. 10th with high stats and very well-rounded app. I haven't heard back yet, but staying hopeful! Already excited to interview here and visit Portland and Lebanon.