2020-2021 Western University of Health Sciences (Lebanon, Oregon)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got called off the waitlist!!!!!!! I'm so excited, this is my dream school!!! Cant wait to meet everyone in July :)

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users
Pretty easy to get research at least my first year it was (obviously COVID may change things). We have a bench research lab and each faculty member has projects going, for example I have two studies and two case reports and I didn’t really work that hard to get them.

I do a lot but also not much either. President for a few clubs, teaching assistant, anatomy track, volunteering for covid testing. There’s a ton to get involved with if you want to. We match competitive specialities every year, it’s not really a big deal for us.
Can I message you about the anatomy track? I am in the incoming class and am looking for some more info about that and getting into research!

Reactions: 1 user
Just got the acceptance call!!! Can’t believe I’m gonna be a doctor!!!

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Got the call today! Excited to get to be a part of this class! 🤩

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Anyone need a roommate? Also is there a page or chat for class of 2025?

Anyone need a roommate? Also is there a page or chat for class of 2025?
They should've sent an email to your western u email about the facebook group and there should be details there about that!

They should've sent an email to your western u email about the facebook group and there should be details there about that!
Do I get that email after I’ve paid the deposit or after I accept? I accepted but haven’t paid yet

Is anyone else having issues accessing the student portal? I keep getting authentication errors

Do I get that email after I’ve paid the deposit or after I accept? I accepted but haven’t paid yet
I got assigned a westernu email a couple days after I paid the deposit. But I haven’t received any email about the Facebook group or anything like that yet!

I got assigned a westernu email a couple days after I paid the deposit. But I haven’t received any email about the Facebook group or anything like that yet!
You can also request to join the COMPNW 2025 FB page and they will let you in once admissions tells them you were accepted and paid deposit

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I was placed on alternate status back in March and submitted a letter of intent on April 12th. Haven't heard anything since then. Anyone have any idea what the chances of getting an A off of the alternate list are at this point? I also just finished O-chem II and am not sure if they want a formal transcript to be uploaded for an application update or not? Thank you all lol this process is stressful

I was placed on alternate status back in March and submitted a letter of intent on April 12th. Haven't heard anything since then. Anyone have any idea what the chances of getting an A off of the alternate list are at this point? I also just finished O-chem II and am not sure if they want a formal transcript to be uploaded for an application update or not? Thank you all lol this process is stressful
Call/email! Contact them! Ask where you are on the list, if they want an official transcript, etc. make them know your name and that you are still interested!!!

Reactions: 1 users
Withdrawing my acceptance, which is difficult because this is such an absolutely wonderful school. I hope it goes to one of you! Best of luck

Reactions: 1 users
Was placed on the alt list back in December. Just receive an email saying an update was posted to my status page but when I opened it nothing had been updated since December. Anyone else get an email like this??

Was placed on the alt list back in December. Just receive an email saying an update was posted to my status page but when I opened it nothing had been updated since December. Anyone else get an email like this??
Just got the same email, for me it was an update on the status of my application at the Pomona campus.

Yea I got that same email a few months back. I am also on the alt list

Has anyone heard from Western U/COMPNW in the past month? It feels like WL movement is moving quite slowly

I got the same email! I went in and finally figured out that it was because I had applied to both NW and the Pomona campus. The update was my Pomona app being withdrawn LOL

Anyone from the alt list has been accepted yet? How does it work? Do you get moved to the waitlist first or can you get accepted from the alternate list? I’ve been on the alt list since Feb. Fingers crossed!

Has anyone heard from Western U/COMPNW in the past month? It feels like WL movement is moving quite slowly
Last update I got was in May when Donna said she didn’t know how many seats she was going to be able to offer to students on the alternate list due to the little movement in the class…

I met with advising and was told if I got higher than a 503 I'd be a really competitive applicant. MCAT 509. OOS. Completed 10/7. Are they still sending out II recently that anyone knows of?

I met with advising and was told if I got higher than a 503 I'd be a really competitive applicant. MCAT 509. OOS. Completed 10/7. Are they still sending out II recently that anyone knows of?
Yes, they send interviews invites all the way through March or April.