Wisconsin c/o 2020 applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Any other IS jealous that OOS get to hear first?! LOL

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Any other IS jealous that OOS get to hear first?! LOL

A little, but I'm also glad that I don't have to worry every time my phone rings or debate the pros and cons of having my phone on silent in class.

Members don't see this ad :)
So is that it for OOS? All spots taken?
Huh? I doubt it. It's possible, but, as many other people have said before, some accepted OOS people may not gets calls, even if they are accepted. You may have to stress until mid - next week if you are not called. It's tortuous.

Reactions: 1 user
Since its calls by faculty, some don't call and instead you find out your acceptance via mail. Although, Wisconsin typically calls over 3 days... So I'm still holding out hope for tomorrow. After that fingers crossed for good news in the mail!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Reactions: 1 users
Of the in-state people that apply, how many females and how many males do they accept?

Hey Guys!!

I was hoping you guys could help me figure out my chances due to a unfortunate dilemma. Just for reference I'll give you my stats:
In-State
GPA: 2.63
GRE:
Q: 43% tile
V: 51% tile
Extra Accolades: Exotic species club treasurer
Pets: Giant Tortoise

So I'm very confident in my academia stats, here is where my dilemma comes in. I'll try to keep this short and to the point. Last summer I was coming home from up-north, and I got pulled over by a State Trooper. Turns out I thought the speed limit on the road was 65 but it was actually 55. Due to this, I got a speeding ticket for going 10 over and had to put it on my application. I ended up using most of my supplemental application to try and explain this but I'm concerned it still might keep me from being accepted to my dream school. What do you guys think?

Congrats to everyone who got in!!!
Tony
Not sure @WannabeVet07. Good luck though. Being in-state should help.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using SDN mobile

Just got the call, accepted! :) YAY!

For those still waiting, don't lose faith/hope...

Reactions: 5 users
Got the call a few hours ago, accepted!!!

In the interest of the SDN family I also asked when letters would be sent out and they said they were sent out today!

Hope you all hear good news real soon!

Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
In the interest of the SDN family I also asked when letters would be sent out and they said they were sent out today!
And you are my favorite person right now!

My wife got (but missed) the call around 3:30. She called back around 5 and got the good news! As you might guess from my handle, I'm pretty jazzed...

Reactions: 6 users
Got the call a few hours ago, accepted!!!

Hope you all hear good news real soon!

Congrads! Thanks for checking too. I guess I will wait for the mail tomorrow after all lol.

So I guess if u didn't get a call you didn't make it for OOS? Since there's only like 25 spots and a lot of people post on here and some don't I feel like 25 was full already.

So I guess if u didn't get a call you didn't make it for OOS? Since there's only like 25 spots and a lot of people post on here and some don't I feel like 25 was full already.
Don't fret my friend. Keep the faith.

Also they tend to accept more spots than are available because they know some people will go elsewhere. So even before the waitlist they have a few extra people. So maybe they have room for 28 but they accept 35, you know? Other schools do that
Don't fret my friend. Keep the faith.

I hope you guys are right I think I spent a couple of hours tonight with my wife while she couldn't stop crying because Wisconsin did not call( only 1 school left after this one applied to a bunch).I am trying to be the strong one for her because I know this is hard for her but man its extremely hard to watch. I just want her to get in and I would give anything for that to happen as I know its her dream. I know all of you understand. I wish they would let everyone in.

Last edited:
Nothing in the mail today. Thought there might be a slim shot of it coming since I live about an hour away. Hoping Monday's mail brings some news.

Nothing in the mail today. Thought there might be a slim shot of it coming since I live about an hour away. Hoping Monday's mail brings some news.

Your mail already came?! Dang, mine doesn't get here until 4:30-5:00pm usually. I'm anticipating a thin white envelope on Monday, but we'll see.

I hope you guys are right I think I spent a couple of hours tonight with my wife while she couldn't stop crying because Wisconsin did not call( only 1 school left after this one applied to a bunch).I am trying to be the strong one for her because I know this is hard for her but man its extremely hard to watch. I just want her to get in and I would give anything for that to happen as I know its her dream. I know all of you understand. I wish they would let everyone in.
Sorry, but I don't. Then your wife would really be crying when she graduated with all this debt and there were no jobs/an even lower salary. With that being said, there are OOSers that get letters and do not get phone calls, and the waitlist moves quite a bit from what I've read.

I live 20 minutes from Madison and didn't get anything in the mail today. Probably Monday.

Long time lurker, finally posting! Got my acceptance letter today! I'm IS and wasn't sure I was going to find anything in my mailbox today because of everyone else's posts, but I was pleasantly surprised when I came home from work to find a big brown envelope!!!!!

Reactions: 11 users

I wish there was something I could tell you to make it better. All I can say is, some things can't be fixed, you can only learn to carry it (pain)

I'm lurking I know but this totally broke my heart. Like @TotesMahGoats put it letting everyone in would hurt the job market, but my fingers are crossed that everything works out for her. Vet school is very very hard to get into and many great vets had to apply several times. There's nothing in rejection that defines who you will be as a doctor. Don't let her give up!

Long time lurker, finally posting! Got my acceptance letter today! I'm IS and wasn't sure I was going to find anything in my mailbox today because of everyone else's posts, but I was pleasantly surprised when I came home from work to find a big brown envelope!!!!!

Does anyone who has already been accepted mind sharing some of their information? What was your gpa? Gre? I'm so nervous over here!

Does anyone who has already been accepted mind sharing some of their information? What was your gpa? Gre? I'm so nervous over here!
IS:
Cumulative GPA: 3.37 (with 3 years of art school credits weighing it down)
Pre-Vet GPA: 3.82
GRE: Verbal - 153 Quantitative - 156 Analytical - 4.0 (with 1 week of studying)
Additionally: Veterinarian, pet boarding business owner, professor referrals. Countless hours of volunteering and working in the field. Tutored high school and college level courses. Awards and scholarships. First generation student.

Good Luck!

Just got my packet in the mail - that was quick! I'm on the East Coast - I hope you all get good news today!

Reactions: 6 users
I live in DC as well! Hoping we get something today! If it's hit the east coast already then there's a good chance we could receive it.
Oh wow! We should meet up! I see your banner says Tufts - are you OOS for UW?

OOS, on the east coast--I'm an alternate. You guys should be getting letters soon!

My mail usually comes around 3 and I work 1-6 today...oh the torture!

Mine didn't come in the mail today so I gotta wait more. Hoping for tomorrow though!!

Hubby said no news yet...:nailbiting: I'm at work and in CO.

OMG!! I'm number 3 on the alternate list!! If I don't get into my instate, I think I might have a good chance of getting in here!!! I am so excited!!!!!

Reactions: 15 users
Accepted IS (after a waitlist and rejection, third time was apparently the charm!) Good luck to those still stalking their mail carriers!!

Sent from my SM-G900V using SDN mobile

Reactions: 10 users
OMG!! I'm number 3 on the alternate list!! If I don't get into my instate, I think I might have a good chance of getting in here!!! I am so excited!!!!!

WOW congrats!!! Would you mind sharing your stats? Haven't heard yet but would like to see where I stand!

well, i said goodbye to resident tuition today. rejected. upset :( good luck everyone

Alternate #14, OOS. I already accepted my CSU spot anyways, so good luck to everyone else and I hope my vacant spot bumps someone here up to acceptance :D

Reactions: 5 users
Alternate OOS position 1. Got the letter today in NY

Reactions: 11 users
well, i said goodbye to resident tuition today. rejected. upset :( good luck everyone
Sorry :(

I'm going to like this and other rejection posts out of support just like in that thread... just so you understand I'm not reveling in misery.

WOW congrats!!! Would you mind sharing your stats? Haven't heard yet but would like to see where I stand!
Sure.
Cumulative GPA: 3.8
Pre-req GPA: 3.98
Last 45: 3.98
GRE: 165 V, 159 Q, 5.5 W
Tons of shadowing hours of small animal, equine, shelter, and swine. 3 years at wildlife rehab, much other animal experience, 2 years research experience. Lots of extracurriculars.