WW Child's Play; a noob game

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Nice theory, but the only reason why I wanted Kam gone was because I have another power I didn't want chaos to steal. I'm still a villager and I'm more talkative because finally I don't have to read 10,000 pages to catch up

Members don't see this ad.

Nice theory, but the only reason why I wanted Kam gone was because I have another power I didn't want chaos to steal. I'm still a villager and I'm more talkative because finally I don't have to read 10,000 pages to catch up
Well, kam is gone now so what's your other ability? It seems strange that you would have two when everyone else has one.

Well, kam is gone now so what's your other ability? It seems strange that you would have two when everyone else has one.

I can copy and paste it when I'm out of lecture.

I don't find it strange. SOV games are unique and he's said he does things different that's why I pushed for another discussion of a wolf because I don't assume anything. It was too easy to Lynch pink to end it

Members don't see this ad :)
"Susan Pevensie- The eldest girl and second eldest overall of four siblings, you are a voice of reason. You also have a magical horn, in which you can blow at an opportune time to cancel one lynch and cancel all actions one night out of the game."

I originally thought I could use it as cancel one OR the other. But when I asked for clarification I got that I can use it for two different cycles. So it's technically "one" ability but I can use it twice once for a day cycle and once for a night cycle. That's why I kept pushing to lynch Kam. I did not want it stolen while Kam was spinning tales. Then I wasn't sure what everyone else's abilities were or the items that were left because all I've seen has been the wagon, soldiers, and the viewmaster thing.

*******^^^^^^^^^^^^^%%%%%%%%%%%%%
5e2c3aec3d02cbdfc6b8dedfceb0d03d.jpg

Bored manatee is bored....
LYNCH MOAR!!! BLOOD SHED MUST OCCUR!!!
***********&&&&&&&&&&&&&^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Reactions: 1 user
Well, right now, my biggest suspect is you, swini.
Teep & I were blocked. I already hashed it out with Hazel and I feel pretty certain based on her reaction that she's a villager. Ketoone wrote in her blocking item to try to block a wolf so I don't think she was one either. That leaves you and kcough. I will address why I don't think its kcough.

Last night I tried to go back and read the last few days to find where we may have had a conversion. This is the only instance that caught my eye:

The night you blew your horn no one was able to do any ability or use any items except you. The mods said in a later write up that the horn had some powerful magic. I think it changed you.

So, I went through and read the comments from each of the remaining players since the horn blowing and you're the only one that through up red flags in my mind.

After you admitted to being the horn-blower, I noticed a change in your game tactics. You've been more active since then for one. Once Kam outed herself and pink, Kcough was one of the ones who wanted to lynch Pink first, so this makes me less suspect of her. You were very insistent on chaos needing to be gone asap - I think you were worried about her stealing your wolfy shadow.

The next day it was clear we all needed to lynch Pink (she pretty much admitted defeat) and sticking up for her would have definitely made it clear who the wolf was. You were the one who seemed almost sure there was another wolf and wanted to start discussion about who is next. I think this was a tactic to make us start thinking a villager was actually a wolf. As the person who started the discussion, you were hoping we wouldn't think you were actually the wolf.

After PP was lynched and we all knew their was another wolf, you thought it was me, teep and hazel. We now know it wasn't me or teep. I'll admit I was suspicious of hazel at first but she has convinced me otherwise now. You jumped on the chance to lynch me as soon as someone came up with a reason (since kcough blocked teep kcough thought I was lying about being blocked).

Now you're moving onto Kcough just based on the fact that the one you least suspect is guilty?

Besides kcough wanting to lynch pink before kam, she also is the one who told us teep couldn't be the wolf because she blocked him. Why would she clear someone's name if she was the wolf? This same thing applies to Ketoone, why would she clear my name if she was the wolf? I would think the wolf would want everyone besides her to be a possible suspect.

now, Kcough did pretty much force me to admit I am the village seer but I don't think it dawned on her that that's what I was until this post:

I think the fact you keep saying the wolf must be someone who act like this....or is doing this or that is to deflect us from suspecting you. Unlike everyone else, I also can't find any supporting information since the night 4 horn blowing incidence that you are a villager.

Lynch Swini

Okay, I just read through everything! This makes a lot of sense to me. It would be a huge twist if the horn had enough magic to convert swini into a wolf, and I feel like this is something the mods would pull just for kicks.

So, unless any better information comes up, lynch swini. This is our best lead I think, and I am trusting stb. I find it hard to believe a wolf would gun that hard for someone like that, because if they were wrong, they would be considered themselves for lynch the next day. That's why I was weary to gun so hard FOR SF at first, because I knew if she was a wolf I would be the next suspect. Anyways, I'm prepared to waffle just in case more compelling evidence comes up. I'll be in class all day though!

Okay, I just read through everything! This makes a lot of sense to me. It would be a huge twist if the horn had enough magic to convert swini into a wolf, and I feel like this is something the mods would pull just for kicks.

So, unless any better information comes up, lynch swini. This is our best lead I think, and I am trusting stb. I find it hard to believe a wolf would gun that hard for someone like that, because if they were wrong, they would be considered themselves for lynch the next day. That's why I was weary to gun so hard FOR SF at first, because I knew if she was a wolf I would be the next suspect. Anyways, I'm prepared to waffle just in case more compelling evidence comes up. I'll be in class all day though!

If you Lynch me I'll just cancel it because you're wasting your time. The horn has enough magic to stop things not convert someone. Why would it be a converting mechanism? That absolutely doesn't make any sense.

Okay, one more post before I disappear into anatomy lab abyss.

If I was a wolf way would I go back and support everyone this morning and confirm the wagon and the soldiers? It would've been more convincing if I said "the wagon description is incorrect! Hazel is too defensive! Lynch her!" and then keep quiet and keep sneaking by.

Okay I am inclined to believe swinia is innocent. Partially because she's Susan Pevensie, my last remaining sibling, and not one thought of as being easily converted to evil or even naughty. I think she's innocent because using her horn and having her own horn turn her wolf doesn't make sense for the game mechanic. See Kam's post below (and yes I know she was chaos but the logic is still sound, and proved to be true for the instance of me reviving Steph):
I know there's minor speculation that she could have been converted on resurrection, but I don't believe that makes sense for the game mechanic. I think players probably only convert on resurrection if they're resurrected based on their own abilities or character role. Lucy used an ability that was bestowed upon her to be an asset in order to resurrect Steph. It would be terribly unbalanced if this turned out to be the opposite of an asset and instead was designed to hurt her game.
To me, the above is sound logic, and the theory that:
The night you blew your horn no one was able to do any ability or use any items except you. The mods said in a later write up that the horn had some powerful magic. I think it changed you.
doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

I think if anyone was converted, it was probably hazelmoo. It'd be brilliant because she's been dead on about some of our early wolf kills, and was clearly a target as well. But who's to say she didn't get bitten on one of those attacks? She fought me hard in the Kam vs. Pink debate, and I still maintain that if Kam were still alive we'd be better off as a group, with her yes trying to bring back Pan, but also helping us find and kill the last wolf.

That being said, I'm open to debate on this, but for now,

Lynch Hmoo

I wanted Kam gone because I didn't trust chaos. Chaos is not a villager!! And I knew that we would be able to lynch PP the very next day, even if I died during the night.

If you lynch me, that will be just one less villager to defend against the wolf tomorrow. I am innocent. We NEED to lynch the wolf tonight.

We could potentially win this! But I am telling you, lynching me would be a horrible mistake. Just like with SF the first time. Except now, no one would be able to bring me back.

If you lynch me, that will be just one less villager to defend against the wolf tomorrow. I am innocent. We NEED to lynch the wolf tonight.

We could potentially win this! But I am telling you, lynching me would be a horrible mistake. Just like with SF the first time. Except now, no one would be able to bring me back.
That may not be entirely true...

Members don't see this ad :)
You're alive, right? So it doesn't matter. You can say what you like. :)

If you say <anything> about what you did, why you did it, what you knew, what you now know ... you get the idea ... after death, it's strategy.

(Not directed at you, SFsteph): I know it's super tempting. Especially if someone lies about what you told them; you naturally want to say "HEY! THAT'S NOT WHAT I SAID!". But that's the whole point. Once you're dead, you are (barring a mod-specific mechanism) not a functional unit of the game and you shouldn't be saying or doing <anything> to influence the remaining players.

A little "Go Wolves!" or "Go Villagers!" is ok. A little "C'mon and vote you Lazy McSlackertons!" is fine. If you're saying more than that, you should probably not be saying it. Doesn't matter if it's truthful, not truthful, useful, not useful .... anything that might influence a vote or an action or a decision or a suspicion .... not ok. And it doesn't take much. So it's better to just stay silent.

Hopefully that helps. People won't get too out of sorts in a new player game like this, but in other games people would legitimately be very upset. Especially if they are wolfing and you say something post-death that could impact their plans. Totally not cool. It bothers some mods more than others. I'm a mod who gets really irritated by it, because it's just not that hard - don't say anything other than cheering on your team. Not that difficult.
Yes. It all comes back to the fundamental point: the dead shouldn't influence the game. If you're doing something that might encourage a player to do or not do something - saying anything, likeing a post, whatever - it breaks the spirit of the rule. It's not so much "don't strategize" as it is "don't influence the game".
:thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

Perhaps it just isn't clear enough what strategy is. Basically once you are dead, you cannot say anything about what you did or didn't do during the game and you cannot offer any thoughts on the game as to what you think is happening or has happened. You must simply be rooting for one side or the other and even that in moderation. As you all can see, it takes a keen eye to play this game, and so a thread full of useless posts from the dead is not welcome.

This game is for you guys to learn so that when some of you join the big girls and boys, you don't get obliterated for this kind of thing. I promise, I love your enthusiasm, but this is very important for you to understand.

:nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:

I am sure there are more as this is a very important rule in this game. I am sad that there is still confusion over this. I have asked the dead not to interact with the living players except for a little rah rah. I explicitly stated no discussing anything that is occurring or that has occurred in the game. Everything you have to say about this is said in the after game discussion.

Reactions: 2 users
What do you mean? Can you bring someone else back?
When I first pasted my role description, I edited one word. I did it so the wolves wouldn't target me, and wouldn't see me as a threat.

My actual role description:
Lucy Pevensie- The youngest of four siblings, the adventures to Narnia reveal a small girl with a big heart who breathes life back into that thought dead. As such, you are able to twice in the game bring back a player from their death.

When I first pasted my role description, I edited one word. I did it so the wolves wouldn't target me, and wouldn't see me as a threat.

Lucy Pevensie- The youngest of four siblings, the adventures to Narnia reveal a small girl with a big heart who breathes life back into that thought dead. As such, you are able to twice in the game bring back a player from their death.

Whoa, go little sis!

I wouldn't count out an item made by ketoone being able to bring someone back either. I don't know if that's a thing in WW or if the mods would allow though.

Hey, all. Things have started to calm down a bit on my end now, so I'm going to go back through the past day or so and then post back with my lynch vote for tonight.

So we Lynch someone we're unsure of and you bring them back if they're villager? Itd be an easy way to prove yourself but I'd request not being lynched because I have an item and don't want the group to lose it.

So we Lynch someone we're unsure of and you bring them back if they're villager? Itd be an easy way to prove yourself but I'd request not being lynched because I have an item and don't want the group to lose it.
Obviously I wouldn't suggest this. Hopefully we lynch the wolf and don't have to worry about it.

I'm sticking with my vote.

If I die tonight, you all will be making a terrible mistake, and the wolf will be that much closer to defeating us :(

Okay guys, I have a final exam first thing in the morning and I'm feeling pretty certain right now that I have the flu...
I'll check back in, in an hour or so to see if anything changes my mind but I'm sticking with it for now.

If you can cancel the lynch once swini, that just means we'll have to lynch you twice I guess.

***Lynch Hmoo***

That's fine, I won't cancel because it's annoying and I'm a villager and I have other things I should focus on than procrastinate here haha.

The lynch has been stopped. We hate to end a game this way, but this is how it goes in WW. If you can't follow the rules, then there are sanctions. Let this be a lesson to you.

A dead wolf made a post that was deemed to have the potential to influence the game. It is clear that it could have mislead the villagers to me. It perhaps was just another person not thinking. We let that slide.

This same person then made a post in the wolf spreadsheet with the preface, "this may be strategy, but.... "blah blah blah. If you "think something may be strategy", then DON"T FREAKING POST IT WITHOUT CHECKING. I mean, how disrespectful is that.

I have sacrificed A TON OF TIME to help bring you this game. I am crazy busy IRL, and don't have the luxury of checking my phone while at work, and you are all going to have to learn that mods do not want their games screwed with by thoughtless people. My sanction is fair, and penalizes one player from the side that was involved in the infraction.

As a sanction to the wolves, their last remaining wolf has been mod killed.

VILLAGERS WIN THE GAME.

Your Roster of 6

6- @swiniazycie, Susan Penvensie.. Could cancel one night and one lynch,
8 - @ketoone, Violet Baudelaire, could make items,
10- @hazelmoo, Orphan Annie, converted to Bogeyman on the night that was cancelled (conversion is the one action that could not be cancelled)
15- @Teepster87, Christopher Robin, could PM with one person each day.
16 - @kcoughli, Lucy Penvensie, Could resurrect 2 people to their original role and affiliation.
19 - @Stb1473, Alice, villager seer of role name and role description.

Thank you so much for all those who player. For the most part, you were very enthusiastic. I LOVE to introduce WW to new people on pre-vet.
I hope you will join the next game and continue your learning... it will be a trial by fire.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask them.

PEACE OUT,
SOV

Deaded
12 - Chordata25, Tiny Tim
3- katashark, Little Red Riding Hood
1- Lady of the Farm, Huck Finn
17 - klmn87, Matilda
4- alohacat319, Dorothy
21 - Vdubs03, Edmund
23- heyyimhayley, Mare
5 - PrincessButterCup (PBC), Peter Pan
2- finnickthedog, Peter
Trilt, Krampus
13- Caiter92, Schwartze Mann.
7- Kam325, Wendy

22 - SFsteph, Max
14- rockatiel, Sunny
mouse2106, Klauus Baudelair
11 - @pinkpuppy9, Bicho-papão

Devastating, Nancy Drew.

VILLAGERS WIN THE GAME.

Your Roster of 6

10- @hazelmoo, Orphan Annie, converted to Bogeyman on the night that was cancelled (conversion is the one action that could not be cancelled)
16 - @kcoughli, Lucy Penvensie, Could resurrect 2 people to their original role and affiliation.

I KNEW it was Hmoo!! No one else made sense! Aah so happy no one extra died... especially because I didn't have my 2nd revive anymore because I burned it the night swinia canceled night actions (but I had the wagon tonight so I was trying to make myself the wolf target in case we didn't lynch the right person).

Reactions: 4 users
Haha, wow. I come back to make a vote for HMoo and it's already over. Though it's a shame that it ended on such a sour note.

I know my activity in the game's been rather sporadic the last few days, but I really did have fun with this whole experience, and I want to thank both Lupin and SOV not only for an awesome job modding but also for their incredible patience with us noobs. And the mentors! You guys are great, too.

Congratulations, fellow villagers! We won! :claps:

The lynch has been stopped. We hate to end a game this way, but this is how it goes in WW. If you can't follow the rules, then there are sanctions. Let this be a lesson to you.

A dead wolf made a post that was deemed to have the potential to influence the game. It is clear that it could have mislead the villagers to me. It perhaps was just another person not thinking. We let that slide.

This same person then made a post in the wolf spreadsheet with the preface, "this may be strategy, but.... "blah blah blah. If you "think something may be strategy", then DON"T FREAKING POST IT WITHOUT CHECKING. I mean, how disrespectful is that.

I have sacrificed A TON OF TIME to help bring you this game. I am crazy busy IRL, and don't have the luxury of checking my phone while at work, and you are all going to have to learn that mods do not want their games screwed with by thoughtless people. My sanction is fair, and penalizes one player from the side that was involved in the infraction.

As a sanction to the wolves, their last remaining wolf has been mod killed.

VILLAGERS WIN THE GAME.

Your Roster of 6

Thank you so much for all those who player. For the most part, you were very enthusiastic. I LOVE to introduce WW to new people on pre-vet.
I hope you will join the next game and continue your learning... it will be a trial by fire.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask them.

PEACE OUT,
SOV

Deaded
12 - Chordata25, Tiny Tim
3- katashark, Little Red Riding Hood
1- Lady of the Farm, Huck Finn
17 - klmn87, Matilda
4- alohacat319, Dorothy
21 - Vdubs03, Edmund
23- heyyimhayley, Mare
5 - PrincessButterCup (PBC), Peter Pan
2- finnickthedog, Peter
Trilt, Krampus
13- Caiter92, Schwartze Mann.
7- Kam325, Wendy

22 - SFsteph, Max
14- rockatiel, Sunny
mouse2106, Klauus Baudelair
11 - @pinkpuppy9, Bicho-papão

Devastating, Nancy Drew.

:( sorry all of that happened! I really appreciated the game!

Congrats everyone! I made a really fun wolf brag video but never got the chance to post it. I had a lot of fun. Thank you @StartingoverVet and @Lupin21 for making such a fun game. We all really appreciate it, so much!!

Reactions: 1 users
Welllll that's an interesting turn of events, although not completely unexpected.

Good game, guys!

giphy.gif

It was super fun, and apologies to people that I rather flat out lied to... :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
I am not sure who I would have killed! Probably STB though!!

I had no idea how much I would get into this game. Really great fun guys, big thank yous to the mods for all your hard work and patience, and to everyone else for such a whirlwind of a game!

Can't wait for the next one. I can see it now...Caiter steps up to fill @Cyndia's shoes and ends up a wolf every single time.

Also, I am not sure how long wolf brag videos normally are.. So, sorry that mine is so long! Lol!

Now you have all met Hazel Moo, and the little attention craving kitten named Arbor :)

Also, I am not sure how long wolf brag videos normally are.. So, sorry that mine is so long! Lol!

Now you have all met Hazel Moo, and the little attention craving kitten named Arbor :)

I love how you accumulate more a more minions as the brag goes on...

I KNEW you were the wolf!! I finally got one right!!!

Thank you SOV and Lupin for putting this on, it was enjoyable and TOO addicting.

I love how you accumulate more a more minions as the brag goes on...

my other dog was sitting by my feet looking at me like "mom, wtf are you doing and why are you interrupting my sleep" lol

Hmoo, your pup's side eye is on point.

Justdeadwolfthings:
1 - I really thought Max would be a good alter ego. He didn't fit in with a vast majority of the other characters, and 2/3 of the unrevealed characters at that point had claimed to be female. I was hoping to lay down at least two days of hints before I gave my name away, and I really think it would have been quite convincing! The lack of ability was my only problem, but the wolves all knew what items each other got, so I thought I might be able to even fib that.
2 - It was absolutely infuriating to not be able to strategize the night after I died - so many roles revealed! That was when I really cemented my (correct) suspicions that STB was your seer, and instead my spreadsheet just had to sit there empty. :(
3 - Teepster, if I had my way you would have been the wolf convert. Just food for thought. :p

In hindsight I wish I had played differently. Almost all of my suspicions were correct but I was so worried about making myself a target that I just floated along with whatever others wanted to do... and with Steph I didn't go to bat because I wanted to kill Trilt and I figured there was little chance of turning the vote around. Blahhhh. Such regret. My death sucked.

Anyways... sucks the game ended on an unpleasant note but ao relieved I can SPEAK.

In hindsight I wish I had played differently. Almost all of my suspicions were correct but I was so worried about making myself a target that I just floated along with whatever others wanted to do... and with Steph I didn't go to bat because I wanted to kill Trilt and I figured there was little chance of turning the vote around. Blahhhh. Such regret. My death sucked.

Anyways... sucks the game ended on an unpleasant note but ao relieved I can SPEAK.
I tried to revive you the night Susan blew the horn... but no luck there :p