2008-2009 Harvard Secondary Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I got my mail today (I get it really early, 10 am, central time) and nothing today.

ah central time though, maybe east coast may hear things?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
No news is good news, no news is good news (mail has arrived, and no word here yet, either)......

Members don't see this ad :)
So the consensus is that the admissions committee will not be calling this year?

No news here, already received my mail

got an e-mail too! but i didn't get into pathways--only hst.

Members don't see this ad :)
CONGRATULATIONS!!

Any news yet for NP'ers??? My hopes are slowly fading...

wow. I'm speechless.

"Congratulations! I am delighted to inform you that the Committee on Admissions has voted to offer you a place in the first-year class of the New Pathway M.D. Program at Harvard Medical School entering in August 2009."
email.

Congrats!!!

Holy crap those last 2 posts were very very scary....

Are NP applicants only getting snail mail, no e-mail? I feel like that's what we had established earlier?

SOOOOOO NERVOUS......

just an fyi, it wasn't sent to my email account that i had put on my amcas application, it was somehow sent to my regular gmail account, thats why it caught me off guard

wow. I'm speechless.

"Congratulations! I am delighted to inform you that the Committee on Admissions has voted to offer you a place in the first-year class of the New Pathway M.D. Program at Harvard Medical School entering in August 2009."
email.

holy mother of...so much for hardcopies only

CONGRATS AND GG!

Seems like Zpiff got into NP by e-mail, so I guess they are notifying everyone by email for acceptance.

Last edited:
wow. I'm speechless.

"Congratulations! I am delighted to inform you that the Committee on Admissions has voted to offer you a place in the first-year class of the New Pathway M.D. Programat Harvard Medical School entering in August 2009."
email.
CONGRATS!!!! That's awesome! Did you only apply NP?

ACCEPTED!!!!!!!!!!!! Whooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Got into New Pathways with email notification. Looks like they sent all the acceptees the email simultaneously.

got the email, NP accept only
HST rejected...HST was my top choice

im going to give it until 5pm eastern before throwing in the towel...but not looking good.

SPOKE TOOOO SOON!!!!

I am delighted to inform you that the Committee on Admissions has voted to offer you a place in the first-year class of the New Pathway Program at Harvard Medical School entering in August, 2009. Congratulations!

keep waiting, they are coming!

SPOKE TOOOO SOON!!!!

I am delighted to inform you that the Committee on Admissions has voted to offer you a place in the first-year class of the New Pathway Program at Harvard Medical School entering in August, 2009. Congratulations!

keep waiting, they are coming!
Did you apply HST as well or only NP?

CONGRATS!!!! That's awesome! Did you only apply NP?

I applied to both NP and HST but only got a interview from NP.

Thanks everyone for the congrats!! I'm still trying to digest what just happened.

No email here... looks like HMS wanted to make my decisions a little easier!
The anxiety in this thread is overwhelming :eek:

No email here... looks like HMS wanted to make my decisions a little easier!
The anxiety in this thread is overwhelming :eek:

Yea, same here. I dunno whether the emails are just staggered, or whether I should give up... I agree that it makes my decision a little easier, too...

Congratulations to those accepted! No email here :scared:

Just got the e-mail too! Accepted into New Pathways, sent from HMS offices at 3:23 pm!

I hope this thread fills up with more acceptees soon! Keep waiting for that e-mail!

sorry, i had to call my parents

i applied md/phd and np ONLY. got in to np only. didn't get to interview mdphd.

bliss...pure unadulterated bliss...

Just got the e-mail too! Accepted into New Pathways, sent from HMS offices at 3:23 pm!

I hope this thread fills up with more acceptees soon! Keep waiting for that e-mail!

mine was sent at 2:31pm so i guess it is staggered, keep your hopes up guys, and GOOD LUCK!

I think the only "staggering" is HST vs. NP. Congrats to all who have been accepted!

...I eagerly await my rejection letter :).

mine was sent at 2:31pm so i guess it is staggered, keep your hopes up guys, and GOOD LUCK!

:bang:I'm going to step away from the computer and take a shower. Maybe by the time I get back, I'll either get something, or be more convinced that nothing's on its way. Being on SDN when a school is in the process of sending emails out is waaay too nervewracking.

*sigh*

Congrats everyone! Somehow I knew they'd go with e-mails!

Now I'm kind of hoping for a straight up rejection (and since HMS apparently has a tiny waitlist, that's likely)

Do you think they send out the acceptance batches by geographic location? I'm on the West Coast so I got my email around 12PM Eastern/9AM Western.

For those of you out East you still have hope because they might send out the email by 5PM.

And for those of you out West, my theory could be totally bonkers so you still have hope too :)

Good luck everyone. Don't give up till the fat lady gives you a thin package.

I think the only "staggering" is HST vs. NP. Congrats to all who have been accepted!

...I eagerly await my rejection letter :).

Yea, I guess you're right. HST got theirs at 2:30 eastern time, HP got theirs at 3:20 eastern time, and that's probably it.

*sigh* Okay, I officially give up.

JUST GOT THE EMAIL FOR NEW PATHWAYS!!!!!

Ahhh I'm in super disbelief and am shaking as I post this.

Good luck to all you guys still waiting!

JUST GOT THE EMAIL FOR NEW PATHWAYS!!!!!

Ahhh I'm in super disbelief and am shaking as I post this.

Good luck to all you guys still waiting!

I have to ask.... what was the time stamp?

so i guess they were not staggered then :-(

To hell with the timestamp. Never say die!

Wow 7 SDN harvard acceptances? Amazing. Congrats guys!

representin...hopefully there are more than that though :)

Status
Not open for further replies.