2008-2009 Harvard Secondary Application Thread

Started by thegreenlight
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
wow. I'm speechless.

"Congratulations! I am delighted to inform you that the Committee on Admissions has voted to offer you a place in the first-year class of the New Pathway M.D. Program at Harvard Medical School entering in August 2009."
email.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats!!!

Holy crap those last 2 posts were very very scary....

Are NP applicants only getting snail mail, no e-mail? I feel like that's what we had established earlier?

SOOOOOO NERVOUS......
 
just an fyi, it wasn't sent to my email account that i had put on my amcas application, it was somehow sent to my regular gmail account, thats why it caught me off guard
 
wow. I'm speechless.

"Congratulations! I am delighted to inform you that the Committee on Admissions has voted to offer you a place in the first-year class of the New Pathway M.D. Program at Harvard Medical School entering in August 2009."
email.

holy mother of...so much for hardcopies only

CONGRATS AND GG!
 
Seems like Zpiff got into NP by e-mail, so I guess they are notifying everyone by email for acceptance.
 
Last edited:
wow. I'm speechless.

"Congratulations! I am delighted to inform you that the Committee on Admissions has voted to offer you a place in the first-year class of the New Pathway M.D. Programat Harvard Medical School entering in August 2009."
email.
CONGRATS!!!! That's awesome! Did you only apply NP?
 
ACCEPTED!!!!!!!!!!!! Whooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Got into New Pathways with email notification. Looks like they sent all the acceptees the email simultaneously.
 
SPOKE TOOOO SOON!!!!

I am delighted to inform you that the Committee on Admissions has voted to offer you a place in the first-year class of the New Pathway Program at Harvard Medical School entering in August, 2009. Congratulations!

keep waiting, they are coming!
 
SPOKE TOOOO SOON!!!!

I am delighted to inform you that the Committee on Admissions has voted to offer you a place in the first-year class of the New Pathway Program at Harvard Medical School entering in August, 2009. Congratulations!

keep waiting, they are coming!
Did you apply HST as well or only NP?
 
No email here... looks like HMS wanted to make my decisions a little easier!
The anxiety in this thread is overwhelming 😱
 
No email here... looks like HMS wanted to make my decisions a little easier!
The anxiety in this thread is overwhelming 😱

Yea, same here. I dunno whether the emails are just staggered, or whether I should give up... I agree that it makes my decision a little easier, too...
 
Just got the e-mail too! Accepted into New Pathways, sent from HMS offices at 3:23 pm!

I hope this thread fills up with more acceptees soon! Keep waiting for that e-mail!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
sorry, i had to call my parents

i applied md/phd and np ONLY. got in to np only. didn't get to interview mdphd.

bliss...pure unadulterated bliss...
 
Just got the e-mail too! Accepted into New Pathways, sent from HMS offices at 3:23 pm!

I hope this thread fills up with more acceptees soon! Keep waiting for that e-mail!

mine was sent at 2:31pm so i guess it is staggered, keep your hopes up guys, and GOOD LUCK!
 
I think the only "staggering" is HST vs. NP. Congrats to all who have been accepted!

...I eagerly await my rejection letter 🙂.
 
mine was sent at 2:31pm so i guess it is staggered, keep your hopes up guys, and GOOD LUCK!

:bang:I'm going to step away from the computer and take a shower. Maybe by the time I get back, I'll either get something, or be more convinced that nothing's on its way. Being on SDN when a school is in the process of sending emails out is waaay too nervewracking.

*sigh*
 
Congrats everyone! Somehow I knew they'd go with e-mails!

Now I'm kind of hoping for a straight up rejection (and since HMS apparently has a tiny waitlist, that's likely)
 
Do you think they send out the acceptance batches by geographic location? I'm on the West Coast so I got my email around 12PM Eastern/9AM Western.

For those of you out East you still have hope because they might send out the email by 5PM.

And for those of you out West, my theory could be totally bonkers so you still have hope too 🙂

Good luck everyone. Don't give up till the fat lady gives you a thin package.
 
I think the only "staggering" is HST vs. NP. Congrats to all who have been accepted!

...I eagerly await my rejection letter 🙂.

Yea, I guess you're right. HST got theirs at 2:30 eastern time, HP got theirs at 3:20 eastern time, and that's probably it.

*sigh* Okay, I officially give up.
 
JUST GOT THE EMAIL FOR NEW PATHWAYS!!!!!

Ahhh I'm in super disbelief and am shaking as I post this.

Good luck to all you guys still waiting!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Status
Not open for further replies.