You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2010-2011 Albert Einstein College of Medicine Application Thread
Started by ksmi117
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
ugh! i am so discouraged. I really like this school and havent heard a peep...idk but congrats to those who recieved interviews and acceptances!
I saw the word "acceptances" and my heart skipped...and then I realized that acceptances haven't been handed out yet. Way to give me a scare haha. 🙁
Good luck! They interview late, so who knows what will happen?
I interviewed mid-Dec and checked my status today. It says "Status about to change". I don't know how long it's said this, might have been weeks honestly, but I wanted to ask if anyone else has this status and how long it's been that way. Thanks.
I interviewed at the beginning of November and my status has been "status about the change" for over a month. We have another 2 weeks, at least. 🙂
Did you guys' statuses say "Interview Report Submitted" before it changed to "Status About to Change?"
Congrats on the acceptances, AceXIII
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did you guys' statuses say "Interview Report Submitted" before it changed to "Status About to Change?"
Congrats on the acceptances, AceXIII
yes! then "file with committee." THEN.... "status about to change."
🙂
yes! then "file with committee." THEN.... "status about to change."
🙂
Thanks. I hope I get those status changes before the 15th. Sounds like you'll hear from them during their first wave of decisions. Good luck.
EDIT: Just checked my status and it changed to "File With Committee." Here's to hearing on or around 1/15 . . .
Did anyone else receive a letter that Einstein lost a flash drive with applicants information including SSN's?
Nope, but that's scary. Was this email or snail mail?
Snail mail today, they offered a free year of credit reporting just in case but it is still a little unnerving nonetheless.
lolol
Did they also let us know if all those "preliminary screen completed" applicants simply got their files lost? I'd like an interview pleeeeassseeeeee 😍
lolol
Did they also let us know if all those "preliminary screen completed" applicants simply got their files lost? I'd like an interview pleeeeassseeeeee 😍
lolzzz, seriously. shanks, do you have interviews/acceptances to other schools? if you don't want to say on here PM me. yeah i've been waiting for aecom for awhile too, they seem pretty slow.
lolol
Did they also let us know if all those "preliminary screen completed" applicants simply got their files lost? I'd like an interview pleeeeassseeeeee 😍
Man, I hope not. I also have "preliminary screening completed" and would very much like an interview.
Did anyone else receive a letter that Einstein lost a flash drive with applicants information including SSN's?
I just got that too. Conveniently I read this post seconds before I got my mail, so at least I didn't have to worry about the small envelope being a rejection! Maybe the "small number of applicants" are all the people they are going to accept in a couple weeks. 😀
For those of you who did get the letter, I just got off the phone with Consumer Info because the site in the letter did not have an option to key in the activation code. After a while, they figured out that the link should actually be: http://partner.consumerinfo.com/triple
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did anyone else receive a letter that Einstein lost a flash drive with applicants information including SSN's?
Yes! It's crazy.
For those of you who did get the letter, I just got off the phone with Consumer Info because the site in the letter did not have an option to key in the activation code. After a while, they figured out that the link should actually be: http://partner.consumerinfo.com/triple
Thanks!!
I just got that too. Conveniently I read this post seconds before I got my mail, so at least I didn't have to worry about the small envelope being a rejection! Maybe the "small number of applicants" are all the people they are going to accept in a couple weeks. 😀
Just fyi, don't freak out because of small envelopes.👍 NYU sends out small envelopes for acceptances. Although, it still freaked me out for a split second, even though they had already called me.
Just fyi, don't freak out because of small envelopes.👍 NYU sends out small envelopes for acceptances. Although, it still freaked me out for a split second, even though they had already called me.
Haha, yeah I've heard that before, but I don't know which schools it applies to so my heart drops a bit when I see it anyway. Luckily that only lasts for the 5 second walk back from my mailbox, so it's not too bad. 😛
Haha, yeah I've heard that before, but I don't know which schools it applies to so my heart drops a bit when I see it anyway. Luckily that only lasts for the 5 second walk back from my mailbox, so it's not too bad. 😛
Ya, two of the three schools from which I've heard favourable news thus far have sent me acceptance letters in small envelopes. I didn't know the contents of one of them so it was definitely nerve-wrecking; the other school emailed me a copy of the acceptance letter so I knew what to expect.
Oh man, my mom called from the post office saying I got the small letter and she was bringing it home. I was terrified until I opened it. WHEW!
That sounds pretty agonizing.
My status has changed a bunch in the past week or 2. I forget all of them- but there was definitely a "presenter's notes complete" and "file with committee" most recently. Now, it is "status about to change"
They must be making some decisions. We might hear quite soon.
*EDIT
Just saw that some of you noticed the same thing yesterday- The Adcom must be doin some work!
They must be making some decisions. We might hear quite soon.
*EDIT
Just saw that some of you noticed the same thing yesterday- The Adcom must be doin some work!
Last edited:
Did anyone else receive a letter that Einstein lost a flash drive with applicants information including SSN's?
I got that letter too...this is some bs...we better get accepted for this at the very least
I withdrew from my interview here scheduled for mid Feb - hopefully someone on SDN can pick up the spot!
I got that letter too...this is some bs...we better get accepted for this at the very least
I got this letter tooo...but I wouldn't call it BS though...mistakes unfortunately are made by everyone.
Mailing it in a small envelope certainly wasn't the nicest thing though..lol.
Hey guys
I somehow missed this info on interview day. Is the school P/F? What's the grading system?
Yes, P/F first 2 years.
Hey guys
I somehow missed this info on interview day. Is the school P/F? What's the grading system?
P/F first two years with a 65% as passing. Normal class averages around low to mid 80's... so even though the % needed to pass is low people still learn the material well. No internal ranking for preclinical years at all.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know how to check your application status?
Yeah, just log in to your secondary, following the directions from the secondary email invite.
After that, there is a link in the left sidebar for application status.
I got this letter tooo...but I wouldn't call it BS though...mistakes unfortunately are made by everyone.
Mailing it in a small envelope certainly wasn't the nicest thing though..lol.
I'm not sure whats scarier, the small envelope, or the risk of identity theft.
No letter for me yet, so that's a good thing.
I just got that too. Conveniently I read this post seconds before I got my mail, so at least I didn't have to worry about the small envelope being a rejection! Maybe the "small number of applicants" are all the people they are going to accept in a couple weeks. 😀
Maybe so, seeing as the people who have received those letters so far seem to be people who have interviewed already, and most already have acceptances from other schools :O Makes me a little nervous about not receiving one, despite the fear of identity theft ><
Maybe so, seeing as the people who have received those letters so far seem to be people who have interviewed already, and most already have acceptances from other schools :O Makes me a little nervous about not receiving one, despite the fear of identity theft ><
Well, if someone steals my identity, they're only going to get a lot of college debt, so I'll take that for an acceptance. 😛
I certainly wouldn't start worrying that you didn't receive the identity theft letter though, haha.
Hey Guys,
I have a 2pm interview coming up and I'm looking to buy tickets - what would be the earliest I could safely book a flight out of LGA? Thanks 🙂
Arriving that day is risky? I'd probably aim to arrive in LGA or JFK by 9am at the latest. This allows some leeway if you have any delays; I would also not book any non-direct flights. If you want to see a lot of options, I would search "New York Area" on Orbitz.
That day is risky? I'd probably aim to arrive in LGA or JFK by 9am at the latest. This allows some leeway if you have any delays; I would also not book any non-direct flights.
I think he means when can he book a flight to leave. They say you should be done no later than 5pm, so I'd be hesitant to book it any earlier than 7pm. Chances are you'll be done before that though.
Edit, just saw you said 2pm. In that case, I'd aim for 7 or later if possible, although you will probably be done much earlier than 5, so you can push it up if you're in a rush.
Hey Guys,
I have a 2pm interview coming up and I'm looking to buy tickets - what would be the earliest I could safely book a flight out of LGA? Thanks 🙂
a 2PM interview will have you leaving AECOM by around 3:15 at the EARLIEST. You should account for any delays/long interviews that may occur. You probably would want to assume that you leave around 4PM and can make it to the aeroport by 5 or 6PM, so you shouldn't book a flight out of LGA that leaves any earlier than 7-7:30PM (just to be on the safe side).
Mind if I ask where you're going to?
I got this letter tooo...but I wouldn't call it BS though...mistakes unfortunately are made by everyone.
Mailing it in a small envelope certainly wasn't the nicest thing though..lol.
hahahha, wouldn't it be great though if they sent a huge envelope with a small notice that they lost some information that could jeopardize your identity?
hahahha, wouldn't it be great though if they sent a huge envelope with a small notice that they lost some information that could jeopardize your identity?
Hahaha. 👍 I only know one other person from my interview day who had his paperwork lost. I wonder what had happened. I am not too worried, other than the thieves have my photo, ssn, and pretty much every bit of info about me haha.
i got the letter that they lost my information too.. im not too worried, but its a bit annoying.
Anyone else have this status now? I had the "status about to change" last week.
The system was unable to find the status of your application. Please check back in few days or contact the admissions office at [email protected]
The system was unable to find the status of your application. Please check back in few days or contact the admissions office at [email protected]
Anyone else have this status now? I had the "status about to change" last week.
The system was unable to find the status of your application. Please check back in few days or contact the admissions office at [email protected]
I have the same status...it's probably a system glitch.
I have the same status...it's probably a system glitch.
Mine says About to change as of today at 10:45 PST
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interview Feb 7th!
Interview Feb 7th!
Congrats! When did you get the prelim complete update from them?
congrats! When did you get the prelim complete update from them?
11/8
t
Last edited:
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 351
- Views
- 80K
