2010-2011 University of California - San Diego Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
By now, the class is full, and admissions offers will only be sent out if someone withdraws from the class. So, I guess you can cross your fingers that someone decides to go elsewhere-can't really imagine why they'd want to though! I don't think anyone's been offered admission in a week or so (not 100% though).

Members don't see this ad.

By now, the class is full, and admissions offers will only be sent out if someone withdraws from the class. So, I guess you can cross your fingers that someone decides to go elsewhere-can't really imagine why they'd want to though! I don't think anyone's been offered admission in a week or so (not 100% though).

This is pretty much what I've been assuming at this point in the cycle. During the interview day they told us stories about a few people being accepted at the last minute, however I imagine the chances of that are somewhere near lotto winning probabilities. I wonder what happened to the acceptable pool trim? Maybe they just trimmed the list internally but didn't send out notifications.

Any word on the acceptable pool? I haven't heard anything so I'm wondering if I might have missed an email. Anyone in the same boat waiting to hear back?

Members don't see this ad :)
Any word on the acceptable pool? I haven't heard anything so I'm wondering if I might have missed an email. Anyone in the same boat waiting to hear back?

Yep, still waiting, but I'm no longer holding my breath. In all likelihood the class is full at this point. They also haven't sent out any rejections it seems. For us waitlisters to get in someone already in the class would have to withdraw for some crazy reason like a full ride to HMS or spontaneous human combustion, then they would pull one of us from the pool of >250 people. So very unlikely*1/250 is our individual probability of getting in.

Yep, still waiting, but I'm no longer holding my breath. In all likelihood the class is full at this point. They also haven't sent out any rejections it seems. For us waitlisters to get in someone already in the class would have to withdraw for some crazy reason like a full ride to HMS or spontaneous human combustion, then they would pull one of us from the pool of >250 people. So very unlikely*1/250 is our individual probability of getting in.

Not true, rejections were sent out haha and I got one of them -_-. I was eliminated of the waitlist on the 13th.

miracle of miracles, i just got a call that i had gotten off the wait list! i feel tremendously lucky, more than if i had finally whacked all the moles at a roving circus/fair.

lesson learned: a nice, sincere phone call and a courteous, earnest email work wonders :luck:

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
Congrats on your miracle. Now some one who is on Pittsburg's wait list will experience another miracle. Again congratulation.:thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.