You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 UC San Diego
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
trackstarlegend
Full Member
Congratulations!! Did you send in any updates or did they ask for any from you prior?+IS A off the W :')
mschoooooo
Full Member
For those who got off the waitlist did you send any updates? In the email it said not to send anything until they reach out in April but they’re also letting people off the waitlist earlier than they said
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
iwannabedoctor
Full Member
In the email from admissions at the end of interview day, they mentioned that "A Letter of Intent does not have an impact on our decision" right before stating that they will invite us to submit updates in late April/early MayDoes anyone know if UCSD allows letters of intents at this point, I know they said they don't want updates? I have been hearing mixed things. Thanks!
I didn’t send any updates, nor did they ask me separately for any.For those who got off the waitlist did you send any updates? In the email it said not to send anything until they reach out in April but they’re also letting people off the waitlist earlier than they said
There’s a slack ! Should’ve revived an email invite !Is there a gc for admitted students?
premeddddd122
Full Member
how many members are currently on there?There’s a slack ! Should’ve revived an email invite !
187 it looks likehow many members are currently on there?
Does anyone know how many are accepted overall, pre-matriculation? The number who actually matriculated was around 150 in the most recent MSAR. But I'm not talking about the number who ultimately enrolled. Instead, I mean the total number who were offered acceptances, including those "accepted who enrolled" and those "accepted who ultimately chose another school". Is it like 200, 250, 300, even 400?
Their MSAR only states the number of applicants, interviewees, deferrals, and matriculants.
Their MSAR only states the number of applicants, interviewees, deferrals, and matriculants.
Last edited:
Letmeinpleaseucr
Full Member
I've heard the rule of thumb is 1.5x the class size.Does anyone know how many are accepted overall, pre-matriculation? The number who actually matriculated was around 150 in the most recent MSAR. But I'm not talking about the number who ultimately enrolled. Instead, I mean the total number who were offered acceptances, including those "accepted who enrolled" and those "accepted who ultimately chose another school". Is it like 200, 250, 300, even 400?
Their MSAR only states the number of applicants, interviewees, deferrals, and matriculants.
seabreeze23
New Member
Do any Pokémon accounts know when rejected MSTP applicants being considered for MD will hear back?
Vinegarsaltandpepper
Full Member
Has anyone heard from PRIME-HEq?
I don’t think so! Maybe today will be the day? 😭there’s only so many days left in MarchHas anyone heard from PRIME-HEq?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone hear about financial scholarships or packages yet?
premeddddd122
Full Member
Does anyone have any theories on maybe why they decided to accept a few people off the waitlist so early? Or any idea if there will be any more waitlist offers coming up prior to may? Trying to remain hopeful haha
Letmeinpleaseucr
Full Member
My guess is their utter lack of waitlist movement in the past led to them accepting less students this year and thus having more WL movementDoes anyone have any theories on maybe why they decided to accept a few people off the waitlist so early? Or any idea if there will be any more waitlist offers coming up prior to may? Trying to remain hopeful haha
My guess is that they had new accepted folks withdraw and pulled from the WL to fill those spots, but that’s just me pondering. I’m still encouraged even though it seems all that early movement was IS 🙂Does anyone have any theories on maybe why they decided to accept a few people off the waitlist so early? Or any idea if there will be any more waitlist offers coming up prior to may? Trying to remain hopeful haha
iwannabedoctor
Full Member
They said late April/early May in an emailAnyone know when UCSD will reach out for updates?
Vinegarsaltandpepper
Full Member
Heard back earlier today!Has anyone heard back for PRIME-HeQ?
Congrats 😭 heart is high key broken.. will they tell us if we’re rejected ? :/Heard back earlier today!
I’m a bit confused. The school said they don’t consider letters of interest that would sway their decision to get off the waitlist but then they also said they like to hear that you’re interested? I may be misunderstanding this.
What does that mean? Or do they even want updates if we don’t have any huge earth shattering updates?
What does that mean? Or do they even want updates if we don’t have any huge earth shattering updates?
Last edited:
trackstarlegend
Full Member
I would just include any important updates/life events/accomplishments that have happened between your interview and now. Did you get an email asking for your interest?
Thanks for your input.I would just include any important updates/life events/accomplishments that have happened between your interview and now. Did you get an email asking for your interest?
No, there wasn't an email. Is that something that's emailed to some people?
they told us in the WL email that they'd reach out to us sometime in April for an update letterThanks for your input.
No, there wasn't an email. Is that something that's emailed to some people?
also curious - is there anyone who gets rejected post interview? I'm realizing that if everyone gets waitlisted - getting off will be tough right?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
solarflare1230
Full Member
IIRC 1/6th of interviewees get rejected a month after their interviewalso curious - is there anyone who gets rejected post interview? I'm realizing that if everyone gets waitlisted - getting off will be tough right?
trackstarlegend
Full Member
Has anyone on the WL received any requests for letters of interest yet? Or any recent communications?
Nope not yetHas anyone on the WL received any requests for letters of interest yet? Or any recent communications?
Any GHAC movement? Haven’t heard anything since the interview..
speaking of MSTP, did anyone who was rejected and then transferred to MD only ever hear back??
Nah we just got rejected Pre-II that late 💀💀💀Saw 10 MSTP rejections on 4/15 on CycleTrack. Are people rejected from interview or waitlist?
meowkat1011
Full Member
Has anyone gotten the April waitlist email that should give us permission to send update letters?
trackstarlegend
Full Member
Nope!! Hoping they start sending those out soon 🙁Has anyone gotten the April waitlist email that should give us permission to send update letters?
trackstarlegend
Full Member
Has anyone on the WL emailed in to ask if they still are asking for update letters? almost the end of April and still haven’t heard anything 🙁Has anyone gotten the April waitlist email that should give us permission to send update letters?
no bc when you check the document upload on the UCSD portal, it also mentions "In early May 2025, you will receive instructions regarding submitting application updates...Please do not upload updated documents until instructed to do so by the admissions staff."Has anyone on the WL emailed in to ask if they still are asking for update letters? almost the end of April and still haven’t heard anything 🙁
premeddddd122
Full Member
My waitlist email said in April 2025 their office will contact us regarding continued interest and updates, hopefully we hear something in the next week or so!no bc when you check the document upload on the UCSD portal, it also mentions "In early May 2025, you will receive instructions regarding submitting application updates...Please do not upload updated documents until instructed to do so by the admissions staff."
trackstarlegend
Full Member
Yeah that’s what my waitlist email said too. Hoping they reach out sometime next weekMy waitlist email said in April 2025 their office will contact us regarding continued interest and updates, hopefully we hear something in the next week or so!
ChemDiva24
New Member
I'm so eager to reach out, after not sending any update letters at their request, I feel like there's so much that has happened since secondaries, that wasn't demonstrated in an MMI. I'm itching to leave all my cards on the playing field, and feel like I did everything I could! sitting and waiting for the vague "late April, which it is now, is brutal. Besides a post interview thank you, did other people send updates?no bc when you check the document upload on the UCSD portal, it also mentions "In early May 2025, you will receive instructions regarding submitting application updates...Please do not upload updated documents until instructed to do so by the admissions staff."
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
premeddddd122
Full Member
I feel exactly the same, I’ve been refreshing the portal every morning hoping it’s finally time🥲 I haven’t sent any updates aside from a thank you letter from my interview back in September, i’m just trying to remain hopeful that there is actually some movement from the list this year unlike last year. Hang in there! I’m sure we’re all going through the same motions right nowI'm so eager to reach out, after not sending any update letters at their request, I feel like there's so much that has happened since secondaries, that wasn't demonstrated in an MMI. I'm itching to leave all my cards on the playing field, and feel like I did everything I could! sitting and waiting for the vague "late April, which it is now, is brutal. Besides a post interview thank you, did other people send updates?
trackstarlegend
Full Member
Well, the end of April is when folks with acceptances have to decide on a school so I’m hoping that they send something out beginning of May latest. It sucks they told us mid April in the waitlist email because I’ve been anxious all month waiting to send an update. But I’m hoping we all hear something soon and can all have one last say in our applications! We got this!!I'm so eager to reach out, after not sending any update letters at their request, I feel like there's so much that has happened since secondaries, that wasn't demonstrated in an MMI. I'm itching to leave all my cards on the playing field, and feel like I did everything I could! sitting and waiting for the vague "late April, which it is now, is brutal. Besides a post interview thank you, did other people send updates?
ChemDiva24
New Member
On my interview day they said they accept 220, and last year they barely touched the WLDoes anyone know how many are accepted overall, pre-matriculation? The number who actually matriculated was around 150 in the most recent MSAR. But I'm not talking about the number who ultimately enrolled. Instead, I mean the total number who were offered acceptances, including those "accepted who enrolled" and those "accepted who ultimately chose another school". Is it like 200, 250, 300, even 400?
Their MSAR only states the number of applicants, interviewees, deferrals, and matriculants.
octopus4med
Full Member
just got the email saying they’re accepting letters of updates from WL applicants