You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 UC San Diego
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
When I was waitlisted in a previous cycle they sent out a follow-up email near the end of April asking WL candidates to "accept/decline" a position on the waitlist- in that same email they mentioned they were now open to accepting updates. So be on the look out for a communication soon, otherwise it can't hurt to ask them directly!When will WL movement begin? Are they open to updates now from those on the WL?
Just withdrew, gl everyone!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1186716
You're an animal manJust withdrew, gl everyone!!
vicdeangelisfanpage
Full Member
I am waitlisted with this school and if given an offer, I’ll go 100%. I’m accepted to another medical school and will select “plan to enroll” for this med school on amcas for April 30th (bc I still don’t want to lose the spot if I don’t get into ucsd). This won’t remove me from ucsd’s waitlist right? Will they still consider me if I selected plan to enroll to another school?
D
deleted1169403
Correct. PTE does not remove you from any WL. Once you “commit to enroll” (deadline varies by school, usually June-ish) you are removed/have to remove yourself from WL’s. Starting April 30, schools can see if you PTE somewhere else but this shouldn’t impact your WL chances.I am waitlisted with this school and if given an offer, I’ll go 100%. I’m accepted to another medical school and will select “plan to enroll” for this med school on amcas for April 30th (bc I still don’t want to lose the spot if I don’t get into ucsd). This won’t remove me from ucsd’s waitlist right? Will they still consider me if I selected plan to enroll to another school?
procrasinatingmonkey
Full Member
for other WL ppl: i dont necessarily have anything new to say in the update email i'm going to send once thats available to do. is that okay? i'm thinking of making it more like a LOI and talk about how i'm still working my research job?
does anyone have any input on this or thoughts on what they are going to say?
does anyone have any input on this or thoughts on what they are going to say?
sequeiraca
Full Member
Yeah. Probably gonna do the samefor other WL ppl: i dont necessarily have anything new to say in the update email i'm going to send once thats available to do. is that okay? i'm thinking of making it more like a LOI and talk about how i'm still working my research job?
does anyone have any input on this or thoughts on what they are going to say?
vicdeangelisfanpage
Full Member
is it an email we send? or can we send it through the ucsdsom portal itselffor other WL ppl: i dont necessarily have anything new to say in the update email i'm going to send once thats available to do. is that okay? i'm thinking of making it more like a LOI and talk about how i'm still working my research job?
does anyone have any input on this or thoughts on what they are going to say?
Based on previous years' threads I think we just upload the update letter using their portal, but I'd obviously hold off until we get the email from Brian with specific instructions in late April/early May.is it an email we send? or can we send it through the ucsdsom portal itself
vicdeangelisfanpage
Full Member
is it an update letter? or a letter of intent?Based on previous years' threads I think we just upload the update letter using their portal, but I'd obviously hold off until we get the email from Brian with specific instructions in late April/early May.
sequeiraca
Full Member
Sorry but who is Brian? Someone associated with UCSD?Based on previous years' threads I think we just upload the update letter using their portal, but I'd obviously hold off until we get the email from Brian with specific instructions in late April/early May.
Mr. Brian Zeglen (Director of Admissions); him and his office are our point of contact. I believe he sent the interview info, post interview timeline, and waitlist emailsSorry but who is Brian? Someone associated with UCSD?
I think that’s up to us to decide? Not sure honestly, we’ll see what the instruction email saysis it an update letter? or a letter of intent?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
SunkenTreehouse
Full Member
Is there no email from Brian?
I haven't received anything yetIs there no email from Brian?
sequeiraca
Full Member
NadaIs there no email from Brian?
Withdrew my A! Good luck to everybody 🙂
sequeiraca
Full Member
Where did you decide to go?Withdrew my A! Good luck to everybody 🙂
ochem wizard
New Member
Withdrew my A. Goodluck everyone!
sequeiraca
Full Member
Have to ask 🙂Withdrew my A. Goodluck everyone!
Where did you decide to go?
Last edited:
greymolerat
Full Member
Any updates from Brian?
Nothing on my end yet!Any updates from Brian?
sequeiraca
Full Member
ZilchAny updates from Brian?
Historically I think they usually send it the Monday before the PTE deadline (based on the last couple cycles’ threads). Admissions must be running behind, maybe due to FAFSA delays?We'll probably hear towards the end of the week since the PTE deadline is today
vicdeangelisfanpage
Full Member
anyone else withdrew their A's? it's music to our ears as waitlisted applicants (but also like congrats besties on finding a better fit for you and your career aspirations)
There were a few people who left the groupme in the past week! Don't lose hope!anyone else withdrew their A's? it's music to our ears as waitlisted applicants (but also like congrats besties on finding a better fit for you and your career aspirations)
vicdeangelisfanpage
Full Member
I'm not losing hope! my professor said to let it go and to "temper my expectations" since i'm an out of state student, but that just fuels me even more. I want to go here so bad its my DREAMThere were a few people who left the groupme in the past week! Don't lose hope!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
greymolerat
Full Member
For posterity, WL email of continued interest received at 7:29 AM PST today.
sciencerules13
New Member
soooo are people doing letters of intent? I honestly don't want to because all I have to write is PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE hahaha. Do they have to be long or specific? I doubt it has much sway?
applicant2323
Full Member
Also withdrew my A yesterday. Good luck everyone!
vicdeangelisfanpage
Full Member
Does anyone know the timeline for hearing back from them? Will we only get acceptance calls/emails, or will there also be rejection emails and such? Or is it radio silence? Just wondering, because the other school I got accepted to requires that I commit to enroll by July 1.
Does anyone know the timeline for hearing back from them? Will we only get acceptance calls/emails, or will there also be rejection emails and such? Or is it radio silence? Just wondering, because the other school I got accepted to requires that I commit to enroll by July 1.
They don't reject people off of the WL, unless they're changing their protocols
SunkenTreehouse
Full Member
I did LOI and beggedsoooo are people doing letters of intent? I honestly don't want to because all I have to write is PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE hahaha. Do they have to be long or specific? I doubt it has much sway?
SunkenTreehouse
Full Member
Does anybody have the COA for the 24-25 year? They only have the 23-24 year on the website
I don't think they published it yet because even in the finaid presentation during Second Look, they had 23-24 numbers. It increased <$2k from 22-23 to 23-24 ($71,630), so we can probably expect a similar increase this year.Does anybody have the COA for the 24-25 year? They only have the 23-24 year on the website
sequeiraca
Full Member
Damn. Nothing received. Am probably done then. This really sucks.For posterity, WL email of continued interest received at 7:29 AM PST today.
D
deleted1169403
Check ur spam folderDamn. Nothing received. Am probably done then. This really sucks.
sequeiraca
Full Member
yes on WL but nothing received today.Your on the waitlist but you didn't received this email?
sequeiraca
Full Member
I did.Check ur spam folder
D
deleted1169403
Did you check your portal? The WL section should be in there. If not it’s probably just a clerical error, they haven’t rejected anyone from WL yetI did.
sequeiraca
Full Member
From your lips to God's ear.Did you check your portal? The WL section should be in there. If not it’s probably just a clerical error, they haven’t rejected anyone from WL yet
Nothing in portal BTW.
From your lips to God's ear.
Nothing in portal BTW.
You don’t have a Waitlist section on the left asking you to accept or decline your spot on the waitlist?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
vicdeangelisfanpage
Full Member
based on last year’s thread, this happened to some people too but they checked their portal and they could accept the WL spotyes on WL but nothing received today.
sequeiraca
Full Member
And someone up there heard all of you.
Voila !!
Just showed up on the portal. It's 6:46 PM here BTW.
Phew !!!
Voila !!
Just showed up on the portal. It's 6:46 PM here BTW.
Phew !!!
I still have to write and send my update, there’s no deadline right? It’s just ASAP?
premedgirlie12
Full Member
The email doesn't mention any deadlines so I assume that it's just ASAPI still have to write and send my update, there’s no deadline right? It’s just ASAP?