You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 UC San Diego
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
pinkysparkles24
Full Member
No fr like PLEASEI got the same email. Can all of y’all with interviews just like cancel for me please and thank you.
Same, hopefully it does not mean R incoming lolI'm on a pre II hold and I did not get the update email lol
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
MikeTrout27
Full Member
How much weight should I give this interview hold email? I can’t tell how many people have received it and have mentally accepted reapplying lol
Tasogaredoki
New Member
I have an interview coming up in a few days and was wondering if we're allowed to type notes on a blank Google Doc or something? I type much faster than I write :’)
I saw this question asked in 2023 threads but that had conflicting answers, so I’d appreciate any insight from those who have interviewed here
I saw this question asked in 2023 threads but that had conflicting answers, so I’d appreciate any insight from those who have interviewed here
maxxxxinne
Full Member
I feel like that should be totally fine tbh. I wrote mine down but I don't think they care too much about how you take notes.I have an interview coming up in a few days and was wondering if we're allowed to type notes on a blank Google Doc or something? I type much faster than I write :’)
I saw this question asked in 2023 threads but that had conflicting answers, so I’d appreciate any insight from those who have interviewed here
pandas12387
Full Member
I would recommend confirming if that’s ok just in case an interviewer sees typing and thinks you’re googling, just to be safe!I have an interview coming up in a few days and was wondering if we're allowed to type notes on a blank Google Doc or something? I type much faster than I write :’)
I saw this question asked in 2023 threads but that had conflicting answers, so I’d appreciate any insight from those who have interviewed here
CaptainPrez831
Full Member
At this stage in the cycle, if you haven’t heard ANYTHING, I’d suggest figuring out what reapplying looks like to you. It sounds like a decent amount of people got the email and there are no promises because all slots are still filled.How much weight should I give this interview hold email? I can’t tell how many people have received it and have mentally accepted reapplying lol
Prepare for the worst and hope for the best.
Good luck
Mangoenthusiast
Full Member
Does UCSD still have another wave of acceptances coming?
Should be some in MarchDoes UCSD still have another wave of acceptances coming?
ive moved on mentally i doubt therell be waitlist movementchat do we think UCSD is going to have waitlist movement this year or should i just move on from here mentally
noted, i'll see you all back in state for residency 🫡ive moved on mentally i doubt therell be waitlist movement
Conspiracy/spiraling applicant hat here, but was also going to say WL seems to be much bigger than years past. I know they had a few issues last year with getting back to people on time post interview, so maybe instead of spending time deciding WL/R, they just threw everyone on WL until they have time. All theory, no evidence.100%, kinda also seems like everyone gets a WL, Im seeing less Rs but not totally sure
do people recommend writing a thank you note at UCSD?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Mangoenthusiast
Full Member
I just withdrew my A so hopefully it goes to one of y’all!noted, i'll see you all back in state for residency
I'm just like what is taking so long 😩. I just want to know now no matter what the result is because at least I can start planning for next steps but I feel like i'm in an endless loop of waiting.MSTP interviewees, how are we feeling? Cause personally I feel like [emoji1785]
WestCoastPolitoed
New Member
For applicants awaiting decisions tomorrow, please be near your phones from 10-11am PST. Please get some rest/sleep in if you are able!
maxxxxinne
Full Member
Do you know what interview dates should be awaiting decisions? Are they still in late January or are they already into February?For applicants awaiting decisions tomorrow, please be near your phones from 10-11am PST. Please get some rest/sleep in if you are able!
WarmDonuts001
Full Member
I interviewed on 1/30 😥 I'm feeling so nervous because decisions are supposed to come out today
WestCoastPolitoed
New Member
Unfortunately, this I am unsure of, apologies! But if you did not receive any email of acceptance, rejection, or waitlist, you are likely in a later batch.Do you know what interview dates should be awaiting decisions? Are they still in late January or are they already into February?
Have MSTP decisions come out for any of yalls yet?
Not yet [emoji24]
Are they expected for sure today[emoji24][emoji24]
No I don’t think so lol… sometime “late Feb early March” which is actual torture
WarmDonuts001
Full Member
IS R through email just now D':
maxxxxinne
Full Member
All good! Now that I think about it, I believe they said that my interview date (which was mid-February) should expect decisions 03/14.Unfortunately, this I am unsure of, apologies! But if you did not receive any email of acceptance, rejection, or waitlist, you are likely in a later batch.
should tomorrows decision group expect a similar time frame?For applicants awaiting decisions tomorrow, please be near your phones from 10-11am PST. Please get some rest/sleep in if you are able!
WestCoastPolitoed
New Member
applicants expecting decisions tomorrow please be around your phones from 2-3 PST! Good luck everyone!should tomorrows decision group expect a similar time frame?
Is this for MD only or does it include MSTP as well?applicants expecting decisions tomorrow please be around your phones from 2-3 PST! Good luck everyone!
CaptainPrez831
Full Member
II hold -> rejection
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
sameII hold -> rejection
mangoesareinmyhead
Full Member
OOS A! interviewed 2/5
D
deleted1193601
IS II hold --> rejection :'( literally devastated rn
pinkcharmander
New Member
IS A via Email @ 2:30 PST
trufflewuffle
Full Member
OOS Waitlist
mschoooooo
Full Member
What are the odds of getting off the waitlist? IS WL, my only interview :/
OOS A like 4 hours ago!!!
Last year no one got off the waitlist but I’ve also heard rumors they’re accepting less this year so they’ll hopefully have more wl movementWhat are the odds of getting off the waitlist? IS WL, my only interview :/
tomatosoup1
Full Member
does anyone know how flexible the classes are here? what percentage of them are required vs recorded and can be watched later?
I was under the impression there was a looot of mandatory class timedoes anyone know how flexible the classes are here? what percentage of them are required vs recorded and can be watched later?
Depends on the year! MS1s and MS2s both have alternating on-campus/asynchronous days. The days vary based on where in the organ block you’re on, but nearly every Wednesday is the long day of 8-5ish with a one hour lunch break, but the afternoon classes are usually more chill and this is for both years. First years are in-person Tuesdays and Fridays 8-12 and on Mondays 8-12 on the first day of a block. Every few weeks there’s an afternoon Tuesday class that runs 1-3ish. MS2s have Monday and Thursday in person 8-12 and some Tuesdays will be in person, but that’s been pretty rare. Thursdays will have a class every so often from 1-3ish. Most lectures are pre-recorded and the in-person days are smaller group activities meant to be more engaging or interactive.does anyone know how flexible the classes are here? what percentage of them are required vs recorded and can be watched later?
does anyone know how post interview decisions are weighted? is it more based on the interviews and MMI or based on GPA/MCAT/etc? nervous because it seems like most people on admit have been waitlisted
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
During my interview, Brian said once they release decisions on March 21, they will release prime decisions on the days to follow (allegedly)has anyone heard when PRIME decisions will be released?
maxxxxinne
Full Member
Curious when you interviewed, when I interviewed for PRIME I thought that they said decisions would be out 03/14During my interview, Brian said once they release decisions on March 21, they will release prime decisions on the days to follow (allegedly)
yessirskiiii
New Member
I thought tomorrow is regular MD decisions for 2/13 since we have to get into the school first to be considered for PRIME?Curious when you interviewed, when I interviewed for PRIME I thought that they said decisions would be out 03/14
Interviewed 03/04 so it may vary for different people I suppose. A friend interviewed 02/25 & was given the same info. They may come in wavesCurious when you interviewed, when I interviewed for PRIME I thought that they said decisions would be out 03/14