2023-2024 UC San Diego

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Good luck to everyone starting their application cycle today.
Second time is the charm, or so they say ;)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Good luck to everyone starting their application cycle today.
Second time is the charm, or so they say ;)

It’s surreal rewriting my app (anyone else kinda scrambling a bit?). Hoping to submit by end of this week…

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know when CTE date is?
  • For applicants accepted to PRIME-HEq and PRIME-TIDE, you have until 8AM PT on Friday, May 17, 2024 to let us know if you are accepting the PRIME-HEQ and PRIME-TIDE offer. We then ask that you select "Commit to Enroll" on CYMS by 8:00 am PT on Monday, June 24, 2024.
  • For applicants accepted to MD/PhD, MD and the MD (GHAC) tracks, we ask that you select "Commit to Enroll" on CYMS by 8:00 am PT on Monday, June 24, 2024.

• For applicants accepted to PRIME-HEq and PRIME-TIDE, you have until 8AM PT on Friday, May 17, 2024 to let us know if you are accepting the PRIME-HEQ and PRIME-TIDE offer. We then ask that you select "Commit to Enroll" on CYMS by 8:00 am PT on Monday, June 24, 2024.
  • For applicants accepted to MD/PhD, MD and the MD (GHAC) tracks, we ask that you select "Commit to Enroll" on CYMS by 8:00 am PT on Monday, June 24, 2024.
Thank you!! If I have another CTE deadline coming up but would rather go here, do you know if they care to know that?

Was it ever clear why they extended the deadline? Is it fair to assume some accepted students have not CTEd yet then?

Was it ever clear why they extended the deadline? Is it fair to assume some accepted students have not CTEd yet then?

I believe it was due to the fafsa delays, which has affected all schools. this gave students more opportunity to weigh financial aid packages which were delayed. i believe a prior email sent above stated the class was full at the moment so i’m not sure how many people haven’t cted at this point

Members don't see this ad :)
I wonder if anyone withdrew their As from here… Ik this is selfish but UCSD is such a great school that I can’t imagine many would do that at this point, I really just wanna know if there’s any chance at all for WL movement

I wonder if anyone withdrew their As from here… Ik this is selfish but UCSD is such a great school that I can’t imagine many would do that at this point, I really just wanna know if there’s any chance at all for WL movement

I think the only way to know would be if someone emails the admissions office and asks for a current update.

I think the only way to know would be if someone emails the admissions office and asks for a current update.

Not sure if you’re insinuating anything about me, but I’ve emailed and called them in the past and don’t feel comfortable doing so again. If others feel inclined to, they can definitely email admissions lol

• Care
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users
I feel the same way haha, but I personally keep going through a toss up of what's gonna happen June 24 post CTE. Part of me is hoping that they will do their big burst of movement after that date (which I know hasn't happened before but this year IS different). almost as if they are treating the June 24 as the "PTE" date is what I am hoping for.

Also, I personally don't think they have over admitted at this time because they would not be in a good spot if all those people suddenly said yes. I think there is going to be a small amount of WL movement because it almost seems impossible for them to have zero movement.

Just my thoughts from a fellow WL friend who check this feed, email, and phone log probs like 50 million times a day :)

I agree and fingers crossed that there’s some movement come June 24th 🥹 I can’t help but still have a little hope, even if it feels silly since SD historically doesn’t take many off of the WL

Not sure if you’re insinuating anything about me, but I’ve emailed and called them in the past and don’t feel comfortable doing so again. If others feel inclined to, they can definitely email admissions lol

I had no idea, sorry! I agree that on the week of the 24th, we will probably see all of the WL movement that will take place this year. I agree that if they normally enroll ~30 from the WL, it seems virtually impossible that it would be *zero* this year.

I’ve emailed them twice this week because I have my CTE in a few days and they never replied:(

• Sad
I’ve emailed them twice this week because I have my CTE in a few days and they never replied:(
I emailed them to withdraw from the waitlist since my CTE for another school was on June 10th and they responded a day later. I assume they would not want to reply and give false hope if they have no updates regarding waitlist movement prior to your CTE date. :(

I emailed them to withdraw from the waitlist since my CTE for another school was on June 10th and they responded a day later. I assume they would not want to reply and give false hope if they have no updates regarding waitlist movement prior to your CTE date. :(
Congrats @katmatcha
Can we ask what school you committed to?

I had no idea, sorry! I agree that on the week of the 24th, we will probably see all of the WL movement that will take place this year. I agree that if they normally enroll ~30 from the WL, it seems virtually impossible that it would be *zero* this year.
I just find it hard believing they won’t move anyone from the waitlist. Because for future classes applying they will consider that if it happens. Like if there’s no waitlist movement I feel like some people applying in the future won’t bother applying here knowing that’s the scenario

I just find it hard believing they won’t move anyone from the waitlist. Because for future classes applying they will consider that if it happens. Like if there’s no waitlist movement I feel like some people applying in the future won’t bother applying here knowing that’s the scenario
I'm not sure that future applicants would make decisions to apply based on waitlist statistics. But it does seem unlikely tho that UCSD both over-admitted applicants and admitted students overwhelmingly chose UCSD over other schools this year in particular to the extent that there NO waitlist spots open, so I am still hopeful we'll hear back soon.

Welp, I think I’m gonna throw in the towel—it was a good run everyone 🫡

noticed the fb group added 3 members. wonder if there was WL movement recently

Could that just be a confidence? Like is there a way to know if waitlist movement for sure has occurred
yeah it could definitely be a coincidence. just wanted to see if anyone has heard of any updates. looking for any sliver of information at this point haha but no way of knowing for sure

Has there been any waitlist movement at all? I haven't noticed anyone getting in on here. Maybe I missed it.

Did everyone on the waitlist get the email update just now? Basically says class is full

Reactions: 4 users
Did everyone on the waitlist get the email update just now? Basically says class is full
yeah :/ at least they were direct about it which I appreciate guess we will never know if there was movement

Reactions: 3 users