premeddddd122
Full Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got the same! Hopefully this is a good signjust got the email saying they’re accepting letters of updates from WL applicants
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Just got the same! Hopefully this is a good signjust got the email saying they’re accepting letters of updates from WL applicants
I just got the email too. The email also says that we need to accept the waitlist spot in the application portal, so make sure to do that!just got the email saying they’re accepting letters of updates from WL applicants
Interested to see this too!Did someone get off MSTP waitlist on cycle track?
We manifested it!!! Let’s go yall!Just got the same! Hopefully this is a good sign
Are y’all replying to the email at all or just doing everything over the portal?just got the email saying they’re accepting letters of updates from WL applicants
"To submit an update, click on the “DOCUMENT UPLOAD” tab at the top of the page. Please upload .pdf files only. The file size for an upload can not exceed 5 mb. Also, note that there is a cap of 5 separate uploads. If you encounter any issues trying to upload documents, send an email to [email protected]"Are y’all replying to the email at all or just doing everything over the portal?
Not an expert, but don't PTE listings only get released to schools on May 2nd? (which is generally when the waitlist movement starts to occur). I would recommend that you should take a few days to review and submit.do we think they are going to penalize if you submit tonight versus tomorrow? just want to take time to revise and make sure my writing seems good
Are you going to ask your writer to send the letter to you so you can upload yourself onto the portal? Or rather have the writer send it to their email? I'm also planning on sending additional letters of rec but not really sure how to proceedDoes anyone plan on including additional letters of rec for their updates? it says there is a cap of 5 uploads so I'm wondering what to include.
It is a bit contradictory, however please consider that the above text seems to be for **ALL** applicants and the lessons seemed to be intended for students who are in the application phase (e.g. you can add "A correction of an error or omission in your AMCAS application (e.g. an incorrect date or a miscalculation of # of hours or a typo," but no one on the waitlist would have this error still be incorrect). My best guess is that they have not updated this specific page for waitlist students + this page is shown to all students, regardless of their status.I'm a bit confused.
In the portal on the Document Upload page, it states:
"UCSD SOM Policy on Application Updates for 2024-2025
For ALL applicants:
...
UPLOADS WE WILL NOT CONSIDER
Please do NOT upload:
- Information related to your MCAT score that is not covered above (e.g. “I consistently scored 4 points higher on practice exams” or “I did not sleep well the night before my exam”).
- Application "updates" on things that have happened since you originally submitted your application (e.g. new grades, more hours added in an listed activity, publications resulting from research)
- New grades and new information about activities that are not part of your AMCAS or your secondary application will not be considered.
- A formal CV or resume
- New letters of recommendation"
But then in the email that was sent out today from ad coms to those who are waitlisted, it states:
"We get many questions about what kind of information should be included. We do not have any preferences, and thus do not provide guidance for format, length, or content of your update."
If we have new grades from Fall 2024, should we not mention that? Or is the whole blurb about "uploads we will not consider" in reference to the secondary application only and therefore is it open season for including our new grades especially in our final science classes and anything basically?
Thanks!
I planned to have my letter writer send it to me and then I would upload it to my portal. I feel like that would be easier for them in terms of reviewing my app.Are you going to ask your writer to send the letter to you so you can upload yourself onto the portal? Or rather have the writer send it to their email? I'm also planning on sending additional letters of rec but not really sure how to proceed
That’s what I was thinking as well, also because they can’t really verify it was written by a physician or professor because ultimately we are uploading it onto the portal ourselvesI was also wondering if an additional rec letter would be beneficial? My thought is that it likely would not change anything, so I don't plan to send one. I don't think it would make a difference with one more person saying good things that are probably similar to other letters just in a different context?
*PTE deadline. May 2nd is when PTE Lists get released to school, so you could maybe expect a few calls go out on Friday, but my best guess is that calls will start next week.Does anyone know when we might anticipate hearing about waitlist movement? Tomorrow is the CTE deadline so do we think potentially it’ll start end of this week or is that me being delulu haha
Sending good vibes to everyone!!*PTE deadline. May 2nd is when PTE Lists get released to school, so you could maybe expect a few calls go out on Friday, but my best guess is that calls will start next week.
We got this 🫡🫡🫡
Nobody has left the slack, but also im personally not sure how to leave a slack. I will say they admitted less students than last year due to the issue with over enrollment (I want to say they admitted 237 this year where as last year they admitted ~270ish)Are any admitted students able to report if anyone has left the slack for admitted members? Hoping some dropped off at this point to make room for waitlist movement
Thank you!!! Now I can lean into the delusion that they are leaving around 30 spots for waitlist movement like MSAR reports😅Nobody has left the slack, but also im personally not sure how to leave a slack. I will say they admitted less students than last year due to the issue with over enrollment (I want to say they admitted 237 this year where as last year they admitted ~270ish)
Not yet but I’ve been refreshing the portal and SDN nonstop😅 Hopefully this is the week!!Hoping for some news this week! Has anyone heard back yet?
I think it’s still fairly early to come to this conclusion, it seems like most movement happens mid may🤞Pessimistic outlook: if they haven’t taken anyone off the WL yet, they probably have their class size full already. Hoping that’s not the case!
Nothing yet here! Has the slack gone up/down since?any updates?
Nothing yet here! Has the slack gone up/down since?
True! Hoping it happens by next week if not by the end of today 🥲Slack might be a difficult measure of people committing or not to be fair, to leave a slack you have to sign out of it and is generally an annoying process
Not yet 🙁Anything...?
Nope! Still early in the week, hoping we start hearing something in the coming days. Fingers crossed!!!Anything...?
I hope not…chat is it cooked
I think GHAC cohort is finalized. Not sure thois anyone waitlisted for GHAC?
Have they released on Fridays in past years?Praying that they’re keeping to the Friday release pattern and that’s what they’ve been waiting for 😭
Looking in the 22-23 cycle, someone got off on a Thursday 6/8/2023Have they released on Fridays in past years?
At least we know that movement in late may or even early june is possible 🥲Looking in the 22-23 cycle, someone got off on a Thursday 6/8/2023
Nope!! Stay strong!any updates?
Still no 😐any updates?
May 19th for PRIME programs and June 2nd for MD and MD/PhD!Does anyone know when the CTE deadline is for admitted folks? Sorry if this has been answered before but I feel like it’ll give some clarity on when we could potentially be hearing back.
Legend!!! Thanks so much, do you happen to be admitted? If so, any insight on how big of a class they’re looking to have this year and whether or not you think there will be any WL movement given the amount of current admitted students?May 19th for PRIME programs and June 2nd for MD and MD/PhD!
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.