2023-2024 University of Central Florida

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know if there are still late interviews being sent out during the rest of the month? I know mid February was stated as the end so I'm praying for last minute invites!!

Members don't see this ad.

WL'ed, upper half of middle 1/3. Not sure what the odds are of me being accepted are as this is my number one choice

Members don't see this ad :)
IS R 🥲
Super nontrad student (average stats and a masters), my third application cycle and tbh idk if I can go through this again.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Is there a GroupMe for accepted students?
I think there usually is, but I would suggest joining the class Facebook page and that's where you would likely see that information posted. The class Facebook page is only open to accepted students, just as a FYI.

Hi Mrs. Poole, does how late you interview affect your chances of getting accepted?
The type of applicant we are looking for does not change over the course of the year, so if you are a strong applicant then your chance is just as good in Feb/March as it is in September.

Anyone hear back about decision who got interviewed during first/second week of Feb ?

Received gift aid offer email today.

Reactions: 1 users
When can we expect movement on the IS waitlist?
If you are right at the top of the list there is a possibility of being accepted next week (the last committee meeting of the cycle). Otherwise, the list doesn't usually start moving until we get closer to May 1.

Reactions: 5 users
If you are right at the top of the list there is a possibility of being accepted next week (the last committee meeting of the cycle). Otherwise, the list doesn't usually start moving until we get closer to May 1.
Hi Mrs. Poole, if an applicant is accepted from the waitlist in May, how much time will they have to respond to the offer?

If you are right at the top of the list there is a possibility of being accepted next week (the last committee meeting of the cycle). Otherwise, the list doesn't usually start moving until we get closer to May
so I assuming this window has passed and now IS waitlists must wait until May.

congrats to everyone on the cycle! i’m currently a premed student at a state school here, i wanted to ask for a advice on ways i could standout so i could possibly get an A.

congrats to everyone on the cycle! i’m currently a premed student at a state school here, i wanted to ask for a advice on ways i could standout so i could possibly get an A.

get good grades and do your best on your mcat. try to check off all the boxes (community service, leadership, clinical, research, etc.) and find one or two of those areas that you find you really enjoy and be exceptional in it and build your flavor/brand of why medicine (typically service vs research oriented app).

disclaimer: accepted applicant but by no means an admissions expert this is just what ive seen from people around me who get accepted

Anyone still waiting for decision (A/WL/R) post IA ?
What is IA...?
I haven't heard of anyone waiting past the date the admissions gives for your committee review. They give a specific date you should hear within 1-3 days after.

What is IA...?
I haven't heard of anyone waiting past the date the admissions gives for your committee review. They give a specific date you should hear within 1-3 days after.
sorry should have mentioned Interview Invite (II), its typo in my post above

its strange, attended interview second week of Feb and still no update
Have you been to an information session? Once you interview and attend the Zoom session, you are complete. I think the committee review date is usually a month after your interview. I would email admissions.

edit: I put the committee review is an "hour after" your interview... I meant to put "month after"

Last edited:
Have you been to an information session? Once you interview and attend the Zoom session, you are complete. I think the committee review date is usually an hour after your interview. I would email admissions.
Thanks will do

Can any current student shed light on typically how many days are we required to attend in-person classes per week in M1/M2? I am currently debating between ucf and couple of other similarly ranked schools, but I am someone who learns much more efficiently from online lectures during my own time over mandatory in-person classes

Can any current student shed light on typically how many days are we required to attend in-person classes per week in M1/M2? I am currently debating between ucf and couple of other similarly ranked schools, but I am someone who learns much more efficiently from online lectures during my own time over mandatory in-person classes
Current M1 here, most lectures are not mandatory. However, we do have frequent case based learning activities. These are mainly group applications exercises to help solidify what we have learned in lectures. These are generally not for a grade and are to help aid with your learning

Kind of a random question, but do any current students know if we get to keep the laptop and iPad issued to us during orientation, or do we have to return them at the end of M4?

Kind of a random question, but do any current students know if we get to keep the laptop and iPad issued to us during orientation, or do we have to return them at the end of M4?
No you get to keep your laptop and iPad issued at orientation after you graduate. The only clause really for that is that you have to graduate, which is what they told us at orientation