You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2011-2012 University of Massachusetts Application Thread
Started by Sammich117
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Just received an interview invite this morning as well. 🙂
Anyone else interviewing on 11/30?
Good luck to those applying.![]()
When were you complete
3.83/35 MCAT
complete 8/15
Hoping/praying for an interview sometime in the next few weeks.... Can't take the tension much longer.
MA Resident fo-life!😍
complete 8/15
Hoping/praying for an interview sometime in the next few weeks.... Can't take the tension much longer.
MA Resident fo-life!😍
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats to the people who were accepted early decision....I know one person who received it so I'm assuming there are a few more. 🙂
When were you complete
Complete 7/26/11.
So, I'm another stateless applicant for medical school. Even though I was married in MA (for 3 years), own a house (2 years), lived here since 2004, paid state taxes since 2004, they won't consider me as a resident.
So frustrating!
That is really odd. I assume you have tried to petition/explain it in more detail to them. . . . . . I thought the look back was 5 years. If you paid MA taxes since 2004 (as a resident?), then you seem to meet the criteria. I can only imagine your frustration. 🙁
is there any reason to expect that they'll release some acceptances today? they were very vague about it when i interviewed.
is there any reason to expect that they'll release some acceptances today? they were very vague about it when i interviewed.
They have been known to send out acceptances on Fridays. Monday was the first day that they could send out acceptances to regular applicants.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Invite this morning for early December, complete at the beginning of September.
Can't believe we have to complete a second secondary (a tertiary?)
Can't believe we have to complete a second secondary (a tertiary?)
Invite this morning for early December, complete at the beginning of September.
Can't believe we have to complete a second secondary (a tertiary?)
Congrats! At least the first secondary didn't have too much to do.
The interview is really laid back and comfortable, so don't stress to much!
Invite this morning for early December, complete at the beginning of September.
Can't believe we have to complete a second secondary (a tertiary?)
Same invite today. I didn't look at the survey yet though.
Same invite today. I didn't look at the survey yet though.
Definitely look at the survey, ASAP.
Otherwise, you'll end up like me, reviewing my travel plans and interview schedule for next week and notice, "Oh hey, there's an attachment on the email!"
...and then open the attachment to see that you are supposed to do the survey by the THURSDAY BEFORE YOUR INTERVIEW AT THE LATEST, and not on the Saturday before when you finally learn to read things properly.
🙁
I guess it's not the end of the world, but at least I can advise you all not to follow the same course of action...
Yeah, I looked at it when I saw the other post that said "third application" or whatever. I still have time and I know what it is now so I'll be working on it while on a plane later this week. Unfortunately the travel is for work and not for another interview.
Hey - Just wondering if there are any regular applicants out there that have received any news post-interview? I'm waiting with bated breath and REALLY want to go here!!!
I haven't heard anything yet. I interviewed on 9/21. I know they traditionally send out info on Fridays. I've been glued to my inbox every Friday this month.
I haven't heard anything yet. I interviewed on 9/21. I know they traditionally send out info on Fridays. I've been glued to my inbox every Friday this month.
Any UMASS updates regarding acceptances/rejections ? Have not seen any activity in weeks....just wondering if anyone has heard from them....
Any UMASS updates regarding acceptances/rejections ? Have not seen any activity in weeks....just wondering if anyone has heard from them....
Nope, I haven't heard a thing. The wait is killing me.
yeah, still nothing. interviewed early october. wish they weren't so slow!
yeah, still nothing. interviewed early october. wish they weren't so slow!
On the bright side, it seems like everyone is waiting.
Nope, I haven't heard a thing. The wait is killing me.
Ditto. and Ditto!!!!
I completely meant to ask my interviewer about what their turnaround time is typically like and forgot. Has anyone heard if there is a general timeframe in which they make a decision? Or am I just gonna continue getting my hopes up whenever I get a new email?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
at my interview day, we were told "the answer to the question of when we will give you your decision is when we make our decision"


This thread is very quiet this year.
waiting, waiting, waiting...doesn't look like acceptances have been sent yet...are they always this slow/late ???
Just got an acceptance!!!!
so stoked, i loved UMASS so much during the interview!!



so stoked, i loved UMASS so much during the interview!!



When did you interview? And has your status changed on the user site?
2
278181
Accepted today!!!
First one, so thrilled.
First one, so thrilled.
e-mail or snail mail ??
to those lucky ducks who got acceptances today (and anyone else), would you mind sharing when you interviewed and how you were notified of the decision?
Last edited:
Interviewed Nov 8'th. Accepted Nov 19'th
Both were emails sent directly to me.
best of luck guys!
Both were emails sent directly to me.
best of luck guys!
2
278181
Complete in Mid August, Interview Invite Early September, Interview in mid-October, Accepted November.
Hang in there guys! I was told at the interview that the school does accept a large number of students later in the cycle (Spring), and many students who matriculate were actually originally stuck on the waitlist for a while.
Hang in there guys! I was told at the interview that the school does accept a large number of students later in the cycle (Spring), and many students who matriculate were actually originally stuck on the waitlist for a while.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ksbewd, I found out that UMASS interviews reapplicants in the Spring regardless of when your application was complete, so don't worry about it yet 🙂I'm a reapplicant. Submitted in early August. Still hoping for an interview invite 🙁
ksbewd, I found out that UMASS interviews reapplicants in the Spring regardless of when your application was complete, so don't worry about it yet 🙂
Re-app here. FYI, I was complete in early September and am interviewing in a few weeks.
Re-app here. FYI, I was complete in early September and am interviewing in a few weeks.
Thanks for the information both of you 😍
Either way, there's still time and I will keep the hopes up.
Good luck with your interview!
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K


