Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
never a dull moment with umass, they wanna keep me on my toes 🙂Idk I doubt this.
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
never a dull moment with umass, they wanna keep me on my toes 🙂Idk I doubt this.
I literally don't wanna write my personal statement again until i hear back but already signed up for preview and casper againIt’s just so strange to me but I mean I guess. I’ve already been prepping to reapply but dang I didn’t know what I was signing up for applying to UMass
In a similar situation, i’m getting laid off from my clinical research job this upcoming yr.1st year, but I dislike my job and i didn't want to have to look for a new one and reapply...
yesIf they give out acceptances this week, do people still have to respond by the 4/30 deadline for plan to enroll on AAMC?
Yeah keeping people waiting this long is pretty inconsiderate of applicants' time and ability to move forward with other things. I haven't been able to send a letter of intent to my top choice DO school because of it. But the fact that some people get good news after waiting so long and its not a certain R means I'm not going to withdraw from UMass and everything is on pause until the very endIs it bad that I wished I had gotten rejected earlier in the cycle?? Its basically a rejection at this point, right? Like sorta best case scenario relative to most of our situations now. I feel like I held on to some hope and did nothing for those 6m than work full time and refresh my email.. feeling disappointed ... could have retaken the mcat ugh
Im WL at Umass and accepted at a different school. From my understanding, if you don't select Plan to Enroll by Apr 30th, the school takes it as a withdrawalHi all — I’m a bit confused by the wording on the UMass website and in the acceptance email regarding the “Plan to Enroll” option on CYMS. I currently have one acceptance (UMass) and I’m on a waitlist elsewhere. Since I only have one acceptance right now, does it matter if I don’t select “Plan to Enroll” yet? Just trying to make sure I’m not missing any important steps. Appreciate any insight!
Emailed them after sending an LOI a few months ago and they sent back a 1 sentence response saying I'd hear back no later than April 30thHmm I hope all of us waiting are given good news. There has to be a reason they kept us this long. Has anyone tried calling for updates ?
Yeah that is their MO they won't give any details over email unfortunatelyEmailed them after sending an LOI a few months ago and they sent back a 1 sentence response saying I'd hear back no later than April 30th
Only 20% 😭 that's so much less than the 75/140 from 2023...If I am interpreting the new MSAR data correctly, 4 students deferred entry to c/o 2029.
UMass now offers 200 WL spots and reports to pull 40 people off the WL. Do not know if this applies to the 2025 cycle or the upcoming 2026 cycle.
MCAT data for matriculated students (does not differentiate between IS and OOS):
- 10th percentile: 505
- 25th percentile: 509
- 50th percentile: 512
- 75th percentile: 515
- 90th percentile: 518
MCAT data for accepted students IS/OOS is slightly higher than the matriculated students data. The 50th % MCAT for both is 514.
I am very interested to see how this turns out in the end!
True I haven't even heard anything yet :') but atp a WL might as well be an RYep, I am a bit bummed about that even though I have not gotten a response yet LOL
Did you see any change in your secondary application portal? Is it still “under review” status?IS WL MD and PURCH interviewed in August for both!
It says 'Waitlisted' for me and there's an option to accept/declineDid you see any change in your secondary application portal? Is it still “under review” status?
I thought last Friday there were emails until 12-12:30 but idk if that’s the case every time 🤷🏽♀️
I hope so, I'm right there with ya.Congrats to all who heard back so far today!
Does anyone know if there’s more of a time frame (like 9-11:30am) for emails vs just 9am?
This is just me coping but I'm wondering if it will be closer to the 150/75 now that I think about it. It seems like the 2023 cycle they over accepted and this year they're taking a more conservative approach, so less A's sent out (and also more A's and WL's sent out later in the cycle compared to last year provided that SDN is a semi-accurate report).Has anyone gone back and counted how many WLs are on this thread? Curious if the 200 WL/ 40 A or the 150 WL / 75 A is what they are doing this year
Yeah, im really unsure LMAO. I was just kinda confused by the update they did to the WL data and MSAR. Im guessing the 200/ 40 is for next cycle, but really no clueThis is just me coping but I'm wondering if it will be closer to the 150/75 now that I think about it. It seems like the 2023 cycle they over accepted and this year they're taking a more conservative approach, so less A's sent out (and also more A's and WL's sent out later in the cycle compared to last year provided that SDN is a semi-accurate report).
actually sorry i misspoke! last friday decisions i think were sent up until 11 ish at least As and WLs. But Rs were reported laterI thought last Friday there were emails until 12-12:30 but idk if that’s the case every time 🤷🏽♀️
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.