-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2025-2026 Massachusetts
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
anonymous2025
Full Member
I can still login to my portal but just wondering if the R is pending atp or if there are IIs left to be given out this late into the cycle?
Starfall72
Full Member
I’m pretty sure they’re done, I don’t have a source or anything they just haven’t sent any in a while and typically don’t send this lateDoes anyone know if they're done giving IIs out?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
anonymous2025
Full Member
gotcha that's what i thought cuz i haven't seen any reports in awhile and it is March. welp if that's the case hope everyone is going having a good cycle otherwise!I’m pretty sure they’re done, I don’t have a source or anything they just haven’t sent any in a while and typically don’t send this late
Also can't believe the amount of time I wasted on their absurd secondary. Super long and I really poured my heart out when writing them.
Revised so many times just to make sure I got my message and intent across in a nice way. Same for the update letter I stupidly wrote for them in January.
I have so much contempt for what is supposedly my "state school" and the utter lack of respect and communication they have shown towards their IS residents. And really for everyone.
Really abhorrent and I expected so much more from UMass this cycle. So upset
Revised so many times just to make sure I got my message and intent across in a nice way. Same for the update letter I stupidly wrote for them in January.
I have so much contempt for what is supposedly my "state school" and the utter lack of respect and communication they have shown towards their IS residents. And really for everyone.
Really abhorrent and I expected so much more from UMass this cycle. So upset
Snazzy_iceberg
Full Member
+1 portal login error R
Nothing you can do but make the process better when you get on the other side. I genuinely believe the awful conditions applicants have gone through post-COVID will finally be the end of the "If I had to go through it, so do you" mentality of medicine.Really abhorrent and I expected so much more from UMass this cycle. So upset
will finally be the end of the "If I had to go through it, so do you" mentality of medicine.
Makes me wonder with all the new millennial and older Gen Z docs now becoming attendings why this awful mentality hasn't already begun to end. I would have expected the process to turn the corner a bit, but perhaps we need to wait for the old school Baby Boomers to retire.
According to Admit, they haven't sent any interview invites since January... so it seems like they're doneDoes anyone know if they're done giving IIs out?
+1 OOS pre-II R. App complete 8/21
anonymous2025
Full Member
+1 OOS pre-II R 🥳 haha I saw it coming but hope everyone’s cycles r going well and u get into the school of ur dreams!
ihavenobackupplan
Full Member
Finally got the R email. I feel like it was very nice though
+1 hey, there's the R.
Thank you so much UMass for looking out for your IS residents. I will gladly practice OUTSIDE the state of Massachusetts as you work so diligently to solve the physician shortage in MA suburbs (which you aren't)
Also, this line of theirs is very tone deaf. Not everyone has a premed advisor, especially nontrads navigating this process from another career or who went to an undergrad without some sort of committee:
Thank you so much UMass for looking out for your IS residents. I will gladly practice OUTSIDE the state of Massachusetts as you work so diligently to solve the physician shortage in MA suburbs (which you aren't)
Also, this line of theirs is very tone deaf. Not everyone has a premed advisor, especially nontrads navigating this process from another career or who went to an undergrad without some sort of committee:
If you will not be attending another medical school and plan to reapply, we recommend that you consult your premedical advisor if you wish to seek additional advice.
Last edited:
+ IS pre-II R! This was the only other school I cared about so the application cycle is a wrap for me! Also, I was not expecting to be immediately accepted by the neighboring state school while being rejected by my own lol. This process is truly unpredictable but very grateful for the outcome nonetheless.
MedicalDoctor123
New Member
Has anyone heard from LEAD at Lahey?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Starfall72
Full Member
^^^ the question of the hour!!! Waiting anxiously to hear back, haven’t heard anyone say something about lead in a while
MedicalDoctor123
New Member
Is there a day they have to answer us by?^^^ the question of the hour!!! Waiting anxiously to hear back, haven’t heard anyone say something about lead in a while
According to last year's thread, most people knew if they were at least on the waitlist or not by april and I think the latest acceptance was late aprilIs there a day they have to answer us by?
Starfall72
Full Member
... this should be a thingIf only there were a lead applicant trauma bonding group chat
IS WL Interviewed 1/27
JBH51
Full Member
Did you interview for LEAD??IS WL Interviewed 1/27
yeah i interviewed in october and i am still waitingJust curious — did anyone who interviewed august-november still waiting to hear back?
No, no regional tracks or MSTPDid you interview for LEAD??
Congrats!!' Were you purch by any chance+1 OOS A this morning, interviewed 2/3
Falloveryourself
Full Member
I interviewed in November for LEAD and still waiting.Just curious — did anyone who interviewed august-november still waiting to hear back?
Just regular MDCongrats!!' Were you purch by any chance
caffeinatedchicken
Full Member
Also still waiting for LEAD response, interviewed early jan 😭 every day is pain! where's that support group fr
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Starfall72
Full Member
also early jan we need a group chat fr bc i'm going insane 😭 😭Also still waiting for LEAD response, interviewed early jan 😭 every day is pain! where's that support group fr
kidgamer101
Full Member
Hi! For financial aid does anyone know how long it takes for the CSS profile to show up as recieved in net partner? Submitted about a week ago but its still showing as not received so not sure whats up.
It took me close to 2 weeks for it to show up!Hi! For financial aid does anyone know how long it takes for the CSS profile to show up as recieved in net partner? Submitted about a week ago but its still showing as not received so not sure whats up.
PaulAtreides2122
Full Member
Does anyone know if they are generous with aid?
molecules2001!
Full Member
I am currently on the WL for MD/PURCH and I wanted to know what this schools policy on letters of update and letters of interest. I have not been able to get a clear answer, thank you!
I sent an update letter in early December while I was waiting to hear back and ended up being accepted in January. I also wasn’t completely sure, but in the portal under “Additional Attachments,” it says you can upload any post-submission updates or letters of interest/intent for UMass Chan Medical School throughout the application cycle, so I just uploaded it there.I am currently on the WL for MD/PURCH and I wanted to know what this schools policy on letters of update and letters of interest. I have not been able to get a clear answer, thank you!
molecules2001!
Full Member
Thank you so much!I sent an update letter in early December while I was waiting to hear back and ended up being accepted in January. I also wasn’t completely sure, but in the portal under “Additional Attachments,” it says you can upload any post-submission updates or letters of interest/intent for UMass Chan Medical School throughout the application cycle, so I just uploaded it there.
Since we got such a high demand… Join up if you’re a LEAD applicantalso early jan we need a group chat fr bc i'm going insane 😭 😭
m.xin3 has invited you to a group chat on Discord!
Hang out and enjoy free voice and text chat.
Golden_Fox
Full Member
Hi all! Is there a GroupMe for accepted students?
Premedhopeful2256
Full Member
+1 OOS A OFF WL TOO
Premedhopeful2256
Full Member
Does anyone have any info on a group chat or second look day?
molecules2001!
Full Member
Omg congrats! Did you get an email?+1 OOS A off the WL just now!!
Yea!Omg congrats! Did you get an email?
molecules2001!
Full Member
OMG I Got the A too, I just checked my portal!! I have to wait for the emailYea!
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I sent a LOI on 03/02, not sure how much of a factor that playedcongrats!! did you guys end up submitting LOI's?? (and do we think they sent out at once or are actively reviewing)
Premedhopeful2256
Full Member
I submitted an update letter pre-waitlist decision and nothing after that. I think that they are actively reviewing waitlist spots and send decisions out in waves.congrats!! did you guys end up submitting LOI's?? (and do we think they sent out at once or are actively reviewing)
Congrats!! There’s a Facebook and Discord group! Second Look Day is on March 26–27. I can send you the Discord link if you want, but for Facebook you can just request to join. From what the upperclassmen said, they check that your Facebook name is on the accepted student list and then accept you.Does anyone have any info on a group chat or second look day?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K