2024-2025 Massachusetts

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I don't have anything yet. As this is my first acceptance, I don't have access to the CYMS tool yet either. I think I read something about them sending out an email from the admissions office for accepted students around the beginning of May
Thank you for the info! Would you mind letting me know where you read about the admissions office sending out an email around the beginning of May? Does that include information from the financial aid office as well? Sorry for asking so many questions!
 
Thank you for the info! Would you mind letting me know where you read about the admissions office sending out an email around the beginning of May? Does that include information from the financial aid office as well? Sorry for asking so many questions!
No worries--it's a short paragraph under the Matriculation tab of the accepted students page
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone received financial aid packages yet? Kinda hard to plan or living situation without it. If no, when should we expect to receive it? I also know I will have to apply for the grad plus loans but I was wondering the logistics of when we’d receive first the federal loans and then also the grad plus loans esp if school starts mid August
 
Has anyone received financial aid packages yet? Kinda hard to plan or living situation without it. If no, when should we expect to receive it? I also know I will have to apply for the grad plus loans but I was wondering the logistics of when we’d receive first the federal loans and then also the grad plus loans esp if school starts mid August
Nothing yet—I don’t have any applications listed in the financial aid portal either. Wondering if I should be patient or reach out
 
Hi all, congrats on the As — I’d like to ask a question for my sibling who is applying to UMass for the upcoming cycle. They would like to know if you all felt pretty confident about the MMI.

Right now their only sample size is me (lol), and I objectively did badly on my MMI & was not surprised to receive a post-interview R. But interested in getting more data points/stories to share with my sibling. Thanks in advance!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all, congrats on the As — I’d like to ask a question for my sibling who is applying to UMass for the upcoming cycle. They would like to know if you all felt pretty confident about the MMI.

Right now their only sample size is me (lol), and I objectively did badly on my MMI & was not surprised to receive a post-interview R. But interested in getting more data points/stories to share with my sibling. Thanks in advance!
To offer a counterpoint: I also objectively did badly (MMIs are really not my thing, I was sick when I did it, and I said some things that I really wish I hadn't) and I got an A. I think just goes to show that the interview is just one part of your application and doesn't always make or break things.
 
If you’re WL for both MD and a track, do you think you have lower chances of getting off the waitlist in general compared to MD only?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If you’re WL for both MD and a track, do you think you have lower chances of getting off the waitlist in general compared to MD only?
I’ve been chasing this answer for months. Got different answers from different people, but from how I understand it, the answer is yes and no.

Yes because each track has limited spots compared to regular MD; so simple stats: your shot at one of 25 people to withdraw + you to be “next” accepted vs same thing but regular MD where class size is like 200? (I’m not sure)

On the other hand, some adcoms say no difference because if you look at # of PURCH applicants to # of acceptances, the ratio is about the same as the regular MD. and I guess that makes sense?

The thing tho… people who applied to tracks probably won’t withdraw or at least are much less likely to… but the good news is UMass has told me that they will automatically consider WL track applicants for regular MD once that track has filled its class.
 
I’ve been chasing this answer for months. Got different answers from different people, but from how I understand it, the answer is yes and no.

Yes because each track has limited spots compared to regular MD; so simple stats: your shot at one of 25 people to withdraw + you to be “next” accepted vs same thing but regular MD where class size is like 200? (I’m not sure)

On the other hand, some adcoms say no difference because if you look at # of PURCH applicants to # of acceptances, the ratio is about the same as the regular MD. and I guess that makes sense?

The thing tho… people who applied to tracks probably won’t withdraw or at least are much less likely to… but the good news is UMass has told me that they will automatically consider WL track applicants for regular MD once that track has filled its class.
thank you for the clarity!
 
I’ve been chasing this answer for months. Got different answers from different people, but from how I understand it, the answer is yes and no.

Yes because each track has limited spots compared to regular MD; so simple stats: your shot at one of [emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]]]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]]]]] people to withdraw + you to be “next” accepted vs same thing but regular MD where class size is like [emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]? (I’m not sure)

On the other hand, some adcoms say no difference because if you look at # of PURCH applicants to # of acceptances, the ratio is about the same as the regular MD. and I guess that makes sense?

The thing tho… people who applied to tracks probably won’t withdraw or at least are much less likely to… but the good news is UMass has told me that they will automatically consider WL track applicants for regular MD once that track has filled its class.

Thank you SO much! That makes a lot of sense.
 
Do we know if the WL is ranked? Im assuming if you are WL earlier in the cycle chances are higher to turn that into acceptance, anyone know? Trying to be optimistic but realistic at the same time given I was part of the last WL wave sent out
 
WL -> IS A today!! I interviewed in november and got waitlisted in april. For those of you accepted, do you get an email invitation to the facebook group? Need to start looking for roommates lol
No facebook invite for me; I've been trying to figure out how to find it
 
Has there been any movement on WL for tracks? For example, were you waitlisted for LEAD/PURCH + MD and then accepted into just MD (or pathway too)?


also anyone else in the same boat where their other option is starting in July and doesn't know what to do 🙃
One of my friends got of WL for MD & Purch on May 1! Seems like much fewer people will decline for tracks however
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone have the group me link for the incoming class? I requested to be part of the fb group a few days ago but still haven't been let in

ALSO:

Interview for regular MD 1/7, Interview for Lahey on 1/27

WL on 4/11. Sent in a "hey i'm alive and still interested" message on 4/9

WL --> OOS A MD + Lead@Lahey on 4/30 (paying it forward after my months of stalking this thread LOL)
 
Last edited:
A family friend wants to order a stethoscope as a gift for me. Does anyone know if the school provides a stethoscope when we start as M1 students, or if the school provides any other supplies? If anyone, especially current students, has any information, I’d really appreciate it. Thank you in advance!
 
A family friend wants to order a stethoscope as a gift for me. Does anyone know if the school provides a stethoscope when we start as M1 students, or if the school provides any other supplies? If anyone, especially current students, has any information, I’d really appreciate it. Thank you in advance!
I think they do!
 
1746916660010.png

Anyone else have this new search bar on PeopleSoft? Authorization error is scary lol hopefully not a bad sign
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone remember when they said the PeopleSoft portal would transition over after committing to enroll? Isn't that supposed to become our student portals?
 
Has anyone seen or heard of any WL movement? Been slow since the 6th. losing hope and holding on for dear life at the same time
No movement for me and Same here tbh, im grateful to have an A but it’s all the way in Virginia and would much rather stay close to friends/family in Mass (I’m IS), holding out hope but also don’t wanna get disappointed!