You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2012-2013 Columbia University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
They didn't do it by email last year so there's no historical data to go by. I would assume 5pm on Friday so they don't have angry applicants calling all day
do waitlists rejections go out on the same day as acceptances? or maybe there's no precedent for this year
GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!! very exciting/nerve-wracking time to be sure. pro-tip: keep all lines of communication open.
in the past they went out at the same time, though it seems in the past year they did rejections slightly earlier.
... you sure you talking about P&S? 😉 😀Hahahah we'll see. I stopped sending update letters and just started sending love letters in January, so maybe those will fly with the admissions committee. An excerpt:
Dearest Columbia College of Physicians and Surgeons,
From the moment I gazed into your beautiful lecture halls, I felt butterflies in my stomach. The surge of epinephrine and cortisol in my blood gave me...well...an indescribable feeling. It was love. I went the rest of my interview day thinking about you, Columbia. Dean Nicholas's boots were quite risque, and the 11th floor CUMC skywalk view of the city during the tour was oh so romantic. Columbia, you flirt. I knew we were always meant for each other.
And then it goes on to describe more aspects of my interest in the school.
fill it out ASAP so the wheels are greased for when you get your acceptanceswhats the deal with FAFSA? I didn't fill one out yet.. am I out of the running to get any financial aid then from the school then?
do waitlists rejections go out on the same day as acceptances? or maybe there's no precedent for this year
in the past they went out at the same time, though it seems in the past year they did rejections slightly earlier.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted127837
Are we even sure they're doing it on March 1st? I mean...
mmmcdowe
Duke of minimal vowels
Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
my bad - you're right, but it looks like the waitlist was ~600-800 people in recent years so still pretty big
This is more the typical number.
.
Last edited:
I came here to post ONEEE DAAAY MOOOORE. Fiji, great minds!
One more day of this torture, guys! Hopefully! Anyone doing anything fun to keep themselves busy today and tomorrow?
I came here to post ONEEE DAAAY MOOOORE. Fiji, great minds!
One more day of this torture, guys! Hopefully! Anyone doing anything fun to keep themselves busy today and tomorrow?
Going to Tahoe tomorrow (Friday)
Going to work today 🙁
Yeah, my job is pretty horrible at keeping me distracted too...
*Goes to le centrifuge*
*Puts le cells in to spin for two hours*
*Le me thinks about Columbia the whole time*
😀
*Goes to le centrifuge*
*Puts le cells in to spin for two hours*
*Le me thinks about Columbia the whole time*
😀
I accidentally set the centrifuge for 100 hours once. Never again (working in a lab, I mean).
*Goes to le centrifuge*
*Puts le cells in to spin for two hours*
*Le me thinks about Columbia the whole time*
😀
I accidentally set the centrifuge for 100 hours once. Never again (working in a lab, I mean).
Hahahahahahaha, Owl and Fiji
I just got a call from a NY area code and had such a panic attack that, when I answered the phone, I was out of breath. It was my friend. Guess he changed his number.
Calm down, self.

MSTP applicant here, did not get anything in the mail yet. I wonder if it means I'm waitlisted or rejected 😕
They're calling people today! Accepted and very excited for revisit weekend.
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They're calling people today!
:troll:
.
Ok buddy...
.
Last edited:
Curious, is this real or trolling? If real, congrats! If trolling, nobody believed you for a second 😍
No. I don't troll. Check my other posts. Interviewer called and told me the great news. He wasn't sure about when exactly revisit would be, but said letters would be sent out tomorrow. Hope you guys get good news soon! (Except Fiji....JK)
No. I don't troll. Check my other posts. Interviewer called and told me the great news. He wasn't sure about when exactly revisit would be, but said letters would be sent out tomorrow. Hope you guys get good news soon! (Except Fiji....JK)
Congrats! Sounds like your interviewer was an eager beaver.
Curious, is this real or trolling? If real, congrats! If trolling, nobody believed you for a second 😍
Quit playin' games with our hearts, Rico. Are you for real? If that's true, it would be weird that no one else has posted yet.....
red doctober, it's not over 'til it's over!
obviouslyteal, it's the unlabeled 212 calls that will get us. oh man.
Also, I didn't know where I was going to be tomorrow until a few days ago (I travel a lot)... and I'm not at my home address, which is the address Columbia has. I really hope they send emails AND call.

Congrats! Sounds like your interviewer was an eager beaver.
OMG RICO, IN THAT CASE, CONGRATS! WOW!!!!! 👍
.
Last edited:
quit playin' games with our hearts, rico. Are you for real? If that's true, it would be weird that no one else has posted yet.....
Red doctober, it's not over 'til it's over!
obviouslyteal, it's the unlabeled 212 calls that will get us. Oh man.
also, i didn't know where i was going to be tomorrow until a few days ago (i travel a lot)... And i'm not at my home address, which is the address columbia has. I really hope they send emails and call.![]()
nobody call me today unless you are columbia!!! Pleeease.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got the call too!! Accepted to the MD program!
Last edited:
Anyone have RK?
anyone have rk?
shockwave, i did!!
Congrats to all those who are in!! Wowowowowow
Wow, you guys. This is all wonderful news! I didn't know they did any acceptances before March 1, but that's really fantastic!
Even if I don't get in tomorrow (day after, whatever, first week) "it was an honor just to be nominated in the same category as you wonderful people." 😉
<3
Just to be sure, though, is everyone who got accepted MD/PhD's or are some of you MD's?
Even if I don't get in tomorrow (day after, whatever, first week) "it was an honor just to be nominated in the same category as you wonderful people." 😉
<3
Just to be sure, though, is everyone who got accepted MD/PhD's or are some of you MD's?
ACCEPTED!!!
almost sent the call to voicemail too since I live here and I never answer calls from numbers I don't recognise lol.
almost sent the call to voicemail too since I live here and I never answer calls from numbers I don't recognise lol.
If interviewers themselves are calling, if accepted (hugely unlikely) I would expect a phone call way into next week - my interview started 50 minutes behind schedule 🙂
(kidding about the expecting, by the way)
(kidding about the expecting, by the way)
If interviewers themselves are calling, if accepted (hugely unlikely) I would expect a phone call way into next week - my interview started 50 minutes behind schedule 🙂
(kidding about the expecting, by the way)
Same boat man, same boat. I wonder if we had the same interviewer.
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 80
Don't you ever change, SDN. #OhSeeDee
Don't you ever change, SDN. #OhSeeDee
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 80
Don't you ever change, SDN. #OhSeeDee
hahaha...thanks for that! Makes me feel just that much less crazy. 😉
ooo, I'm so excited to hear back, whatever it may be. Love you all! Bless you all!
Does anyone know if all acceptees get called? God, I'm so nervous - I wish hadn't logged onto SDN today. 😱
D
deleted503015
Roar Lion Roar! So exciting! (they will leave a voicemail asking you to call back if you miss it) Anyone know when second look is?
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K