2012-2013 Emory University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
as far as i can tell from this and last year's thread, it is somewhat common to be accepted at the 2nd or 3rd date that you are eligible for. so it is definitely not over for anyone.

Okay, that gives me some hope, at least!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
One of my friends wrote one last year and ended up with a unanimous acceptance the admissions board. It can't hurt.
 
Did anyone else get an email tonight about submitting financial aid info?

I haven't even gotten an II here, so I'm wondering if this means anything? I'm guessing probably not, since they don't reject anyone before March I understood, but I'm tempted to view it as a good sign...
 
did anyone else get an email tonight about submitting financial aid info?

I haven't even gotten an ii here, so i'm wondering if this means anything? I'm guessing probably not, since they don't reject anyone before march i understood, but i'm tempted to view it as a good sign...

+2
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+7, is it worth filling out these forms since it seems this was a general email?

Haha.. okay so I'm not alone. I'll probably go ahead and complete the forms, as I'd imagine they're pretty similar to all of the other ones out there, but at this point in the game I guess it might just be wishful thinking.
 
Yah same here. I got excited for a bit and then realized it was probably nothing.


Strangely it says that you don't even need to necessarily interview to get accepted here. Is that true? I found this on the admissions page.
 
Last edited:
Yah same here. I got excited for a bit and then realized it was probably nothing.


Strangely it says that you don't even need to necessarily interview to get accepted here. Is that true? I found this on the admissions page.
From Emory's application review process page:

A personal interview is required to be considered for acceptance – there are no exceptions.
 
I haven't interviewed at Emory, but recently got an email asking for my FA application (FAFSA, etc). Is it normal for a SOM to ask all applicants to submit their FA apps even if they haven't been interviewed or accepted?
 
I haven't interviewed at Emory, but recently got an email asking for my FA application (FAFSA, etc). Is it normal for a SOM to ask all applicants to submit their FA apps even if they haven't been interviewed or accepted?

lol if you look at the posts above we all haven't received an interview and received one. In fact I received two emails (another this morning). Seems like they send this to applicants. A quote from the second email "We are excited to learn of your application for admission! How you pay for an Emory education may be one of your next considerations after you've applied for admission."
 
Hmm, well here's another question: is there anyone who is still waiting for an Emory II who did not receive the financial aid email?
 
Hey guys, I don't think it has anything to do with whether or not you've been accepted or not, invited or not. They just want you to fill it out, so if you do get accepted, they can immediately offer you a package.

I interviewed in early January and received the same emails early morning, today. Good luck!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I felt like the Knicks player once I realized this was not a II.

2086589_o.gif
 
:xf: for the next round of acceptances. Does anyone know if calling URMs for acceptance extends to international URMs ?
 
Last edited:
:xf: for the next round of acceptances. Does anyone know if calling URMs for acceptance extends to international URMs ?


Usually int'ls aren't considered to be URMs. URM status is usually reserved for domestic minorities that are under-represented in medicine.
 
Usually int'ls aren't considered to be URMs. URM status is usually reserved for domestic minorities that are under-represented in medicine.

Thanks...wasn't sure on that. Just making sure if I should be expecting a call or checking my mail.
 
Originally Posted by 3rdarmageddon
They said so at interviews. Decisions will come out Feb. 18th and March 4th.

Does this mean that the Feb 28th decision date has been voided? And that waitlist/rejects are March 4th, now?
Bump
 
Batch of acceptances come out today. Good luck everyone, and let us know if and when you get something!
 
Since today is holiday won't that delay things. I thought the post office was closed today 😕
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just called and they said the last date to interview is this Friday, 2/22. Looks like no more invites... sorry, guys 🙁
 
Status
Not open for further replies.