-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2012-2013 Emory University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
so these dates are when letters are sent out, but how often does the adcom meet to make the decisions for said letters (at this stage in the game)?if you know they were posted before, couldn't you just go back and look?
anyways,
"10/22, 11/19, 12/21, 2/4, 2/18"
That doesn't seem like a great reason to want to go to Emory? 😕
That would be ridiculous if that was my reasoning for wanting to go to the school. However, geographic location and family and friend situations have altered some of my preferences, but I have to get in first of course.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
did you send updates or LOI?
congrats!
Thanks and yes, Clementane! I sent an update letter and an extra reference letter in early December.
Is there a facebook group yet?
Oh gosh, I would have died.
Next week is going to be torture...
Next week is going to be torture...
Is Emory still sending out any more invites?
Is Emory still sending out any more invites?
+1. I was complete in late November, so I'm wondering if they have even gotten to me yet. 😕
I have a friend who go his invite in February, interviewed the first week of March, and got in a few days later, so there's still hope!
I've been complete since 10/26.I hope invites are still going out. I really like Emory.
+1. I was complete in late november, so i'm wondering if they have even gotten to me yet. 😕
i have a friend who go his invite in february, interviewed the first week of march, and got in a few days later, so there's still hope!
i've been complete since 10/26.i hope invites are still going out. I really like emory.
+1000000000000000000000000000000000000000
I got an email today stating that I had been accepted to one of the schools at which I interviewed. They needed me to fill out a waiver for a background check. Fingers crossed that they were referring to Emory!
was it from Certiphi? doesn't it say "accepted or waistlisted"? that's what mine said 😕
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is Emory still sending out any more invites?
Called admissions this morning. Emory's still sending out iis
you can probably find this information earlier in the thread (just use the search above)... but from my own experience, the interviews were open file in the sense that all the interviewers had glanced at my app before the interview.
I hope this means I'm not just interviewing for a WL spot (feb 8th interview).
Me too! I'll see you there!
ankaa - they read your personal statement and i think nothing else.
This. They only view your PS.
So...I probably won't get an acceptance in the mail this month, BUT on the off chance that I do....
Emory has my parents' address as my primary mailing address, but my parents just left for vacation yesterday and won't be back until the end of February. They put their mail service on hold. If I receive an acceptance and don't respond to it for several weeks (since my parents won't have access to the mail), would Emory possibly take that as a sign that I am turning down a seat in the class? I just realized this today, and if packets went out recently, it's too late to change my mailing address.
Again, this is highly speculative seeing as I interviewed months ago, and they haven't shown any interest in me since.
Emory has my parents' address as my primary mailing address, but my parents just left for vacation yesterday and won't be back until the end of February. They put their mail service on hold. If I receive an acceptance and don't respond to it for several weeks (since my parents won't have access to the mail), would Emory possibly take that as a sign that I am turning down a seat in the class? I just realized this today, and if packets went out recently, it's too late to change my mailing address.
Again, this is highly speculative seeing as I interviewed months ago, and they haven't shown any interest in me since.
So...I probably won't get an acceptance in the mail this month, BUT on the off chance that I do....
Emory has my parents' address as my primary mailing address, but my parents just left for vacation yesterday and won't be back until the end of February. They put their mail service on hold. If I receive an acceptance and don't respond to it for several weeks (since my parents won't have access to the mail), would Emory possibly take that as a sign that I am turning down a seat in the class? I just realized this today, and if packets went out recently, it's too late to change my mailing address.
Again, this is highly speculative seeing as I interviewed months ago, and they haven't shown any interest in me since.
I would definitely call.
So...I probably won't get an acceptance in the mail this month, BUT on the off chance that I do....
Emory has my parents' address as my primary mailing address, but my parents just left for vacation yesterday and won't be back until the end of February. They put their mail service on hold. If I receive an acceptance and don't respond to it for several weeks (since my parents won't have access to the mail), would Emory possibly take that as a sign that I am turning down a seat in the class? I just realized this today, and if packets went out recently, it's too late to change my mailing address.
Again, this is highly speculative seeing as I interviewed months ago, and they haven't shown any interest in me since.
Call. But I wouldn't worry about being passed up. They will call u if two weeks pass and there's no response from you and kinda see what's going on. But yeah call and let them update the mailing address.
Guess I didn't get in.... No call....
Just pulled my application from consideration because I decided not to go to my interview Friday. I hope one of you ii-hopefulls gets to fill the spot! GOOD LUCK, EVERYONE! 👍👍👍
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Guess I didn't get in.... No call....
are you URM? they only call URM's. And I don't think they necessarily call all URM's. Maybe that person is busy this week. I wouldn't give up yet. No one on sdn has got the letter yet.
are you URM? they only call URM's. And I don't think they necessarily call all URM's. Maybe that person is busy this week. I wouldn't give up yet. No one on sdn has got the letter yet.
Yea I'm URM and in-state.....which makes my anxiety even worse.....I live in the same county as Emory....
Yea I'm URM and in-state.....which makes my anxiety even worse.....I live in the same county as Emory....
When did you interview? I'm a 12/17 interview and apparently February 4th was the first day they could consider me.
When did you interview? I'm a 12/17 interview and apparently February 4th was the first day they could consider me.
I interviewed 12/14 lol the week before you
I interviewed 12/14 lol the week before you
Oh, okay! So it wasn't too long before that. I would try not to worry too much then, because even if you don't get in this round, it just might be that they wanted to review you for the next committee date! I understand the anxiety though, I'm freaking out hoping that I get something in the mail too...
Yea I'm URM and in-state.....which makes my anxiety even worse.....I live in the same county as Emory....
oh darn. still, i wouldn't completely give up hope until a couple days after others get their letters. and then there's always the next round of acceptances!
has anyone received an acceptance packet yet? I'm getting anxious! I wonder if there was a delay in making decisions.
has anyone received an acceptance packet yet? I'm getting anxious! I wonder if there was a delay in making decisions.
+1 i'm freaking out over here (as you can tell by my frequent posting in this thread)
I bet some people will post back with good news this evening. definitely by tomorrow evening. if not, then there must have been a delay.
does anyone remember when they said they would call applicants to invite them to the Woodruff Scholarship weekend?
Wondering the same thing here...
does anyone remember when they said they would call applicants to invite them to the Woodruff Scholarship weekend?
What I got from interview day was that its be in march (after they have the last around if acceptances) and I recall that the day is in April? I'm not sure if that's right though. It's been a while
oh darn. still, i wouldn't completely give up hope until a couple days after others get their letters. and then there's always the next round of acceptances!
If you knew my stats, you would worry as well lol. Emory is my dream school. Growing up in GA, all you hear is Emory this and Emory that. Emory's legacy is strong in GA. I would love to be apart of that!
When did you interview? I'm a 12/17 interview and apparently February 4th was the first day they could consider me.
+1 Also interviewed on 12/17 and haven't heard back yet. I'm an Emory undergrad so i'm assuming if i get in i'd be one of the 1st to receive the acceptance letter...
+1 Also interviewed on 12/17 and haven't heard back yet. I'm an Emory undergrad so i'm assuming if i get in i'd be one of the 1st to receive the acceptance letter...
Hmm maybe it's just taking time to process in the mail? I don't know 🙁 I just want SOMEONE on this forum to get in already, hahah
+1 Also interviewed on 12/17 and haven't heard back yet. I'm an Emory undergrad so i'm assuming if i get in i'd be one of the 1st to receive the acceptance letter...
I've got to assume they will be coming out today. Has your mail been delivered yet?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've got to assume they will be coming out today. Has your mail been delivered yet?
I stopped my letter carrier and picked up the mail today. Nothing. Anyone get it today? I'm hard-pressed to believe nobody received their letter from this cycle yet.
I'm guessing they are delayed for some reason... Till tomorrow, my friends. Just gotta sit tight and wait a bit longer.
past acceptance mailing dates and reports of receipt:
10/22: 10/26 (new england), 10/26, 10/27
11/19: 11/19 (NC), 11/20 (northeast), and then someone who im not sure if they got a letter or were called, 11/21 (found on mdapplicants)
12/21: 12/24 (west coast?), 12/24, 12/24
so, obviously something weird happened on 11/19. but on the other dates, letters took 3-4 days to arrive, so we should be fine. but, 12/21 was a friday. i'm hoping our situation turns out similar to 10/22. its possible that people have got them but they arent sdn'ers.
edit- looked briefly in last years thread and their late feb date letters took 3-4 days to arrive. and no one there was freaking out like we are (mostly me). they were more patient.
10/22: 10/26 (new england), 10/26, 10/27
11/19: 11/19 (NC), 11/20 (northeast), and then someone who im not sure if they got a letter or were called, 11/21 (found on mdapplicants)
12/21: 12/24 (west coast?), 12/24, 12/24
so, obviously something weird happened on 11/19. but on the other dates, letters took 3-4 days to arrive, so we should be fine. but, 12/21 was a friday. i'm hoping our situation turns out similar to 10/22. its possible that people have got them but they arent sdn'ers.
edit- looked briefly in last years thread and their late feb date letters took 3-4 days to arrive. and no one there was freaking out like we are (mostly me). they were more patient.
Last edited:
haha thanks. guess we'll just have to be more patient.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K