You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2012-2013 Georgetown University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Here we go new week!
Lol keepin the hope alive - I like it!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know when the first days of classes would be?
Wednesday, August 7 Orientation and Registration
Thursday, August 8 Parents' Session (Tentative)
Friday, August 9 White Coat Ceremony
Monday, August 12 Classes Start -- 9am
i dont think anythign is going to happen until may now 🙁
Ugh, you are probably right. 🙁
Hopefully something before May 15...!! Although not likely. Haha
If there are any other soon-to-be M1 bro's hiding out there looking for a place to live, hit me up! We're trying to finalize a group for a 4 person house within' walking distance to the school in Foxhall. It'd be like 1100/mo with utilities, off street parking, a back deck, and newly redone hardwood floors/kitchen.
It's an awesome deal, so we're trying to do our best to finalize this one!
If you're interested, hit me up with a PM!
It's an awesome deal, so we're trying to do our best to finalize this one!
If you're interested, hit me up with a PM!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
im just hoping they have a list ready of who they want to take off the CAP so that we dont have to wait for adcom to meet again after the 15th
It wouldn't be the adcom since they don't decide who gets in off the CAP. And I would imagine we will have to wait since they will find out how many spots they have to offer and then review to see who they want to give those places to. I wouldn't expect anything before at least next week.
If the adcom doesn't determine who gets off the waitlist then who does?
If the adcom doesn't determine who gets off the waitlist then who does?
Dr. O'Donnell, the Committee on Admissions Chair, is the one who reads all of our letters and then makes the decision of who to select off the CAP.
Withdrew a couple of weeks ago. Hope someone here gets my spot 🙂
Do you think there will be movement today or after today?
I was told end of May when I asked a few days ago.
Accepted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Accepted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
congrats!!! off CAP? or straight?
congrats!!! off CAP? or straight?
Eeeee omg yes please tell us haha
Straight. I was in the SMP here though so I interviewed in April. I'm so excited it's unreal.
Will disappointingly withdraw. My provincial school accepted me, and the price difference is too substantial to justify my love for Georgetown. Plus UBC is awesome as well.
Enjoy my spot whoever gets it.
Enjoy my spot whoever gets it.
Excited to join the class of 2017! I was accepted yesterday, SMP as well! 😀😀😀 DREAM come true!
Way to go SMP folks!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I really hope so 🙂 Any idea how many more people will be accepted off CAP? A bunch, a few?
No clue but I hope it's soon!! I interviewed back in September, got CAP'd on Halloween, and haven't heard back since. Hopefully some good news will be coming out soon!
How many letters have you guys been sending in since first getting CAP'd?
How many letters have you guys been sending in since first getting CAP'd?
Two. Was CAP'd mid-March.
No clue but I hope it's soon!! I interviewed back in September, got CAP'd on Halloween, and haven't heard back since. Hopefully some good news will be coming out soon!
How many letters have you guys been sending in since first getting CAP'd?
I've sent one since I was CAPed in early March. I had planned on writing another if some people from CAP were accepted and I wasn't one of them, but I don't think they've accepted from it since I've been on it so I haven't written another.
No clue but I hope it's soon!! I interviewed back in September, got CAP'd on Halloween, and haven't heard back since. Hopefully some good news will be coming out soon!
How many letters have you guys been sending in since first getting CAP'd?
i was there prob on the same interview date cuz i got cap'd on halloween too..i wrote two letters since then as well
i was there prob on the same interview date cuz i got cap'd on halloween too..i wrote two letters since then as well
Lol yeah, I think I remember you actually... You were from Irvine right? Desi guy? I was the other desi guy haha. But I've sent 6 letters since then and I don't know if anyone else has sent in that many.
I've heard rumors that there won't be any movement until early June, at least for SMP. Hang in there, everybody!
I called yesterday and they said there won't be movement until after May. 🙄
Lol yeah, I think I remember you actually... You were from Irvine right? Desi guy? I was the other desi guy haha. But I've sent 6 letters since then and I don't know if anyone else has sent in that many.
hahah yup thats me! WOW 6!! ya i didnt have that much to say oh well im sure itll all work out! and i guess we will have to wait till june now...
When Georgetown staff mentioned that no wait list movement would occur until June, did they give any information about why? Are there no spots available (class full or oversubscribed) or do they just need a significant amount of time to review the wait list (or should I say "letter writer pool" 😉) to decide who they want to accept?
I am not currently holding any acceptances
AND Georgetown was by far my favorite among medical schools where I visited/interviewed, so I would accept an offer from them in a heartbeat. But despite my username being cheerful85, I'm also feeling at least a bit sad and demoralized that I will likely be submitting a new AMCAS application for the 2014 cycle before they start considering taking anyone off the CAP again.
I have thought about asking them -- since they already know by now that I have no acceptances -- "So do you have any thoughts or suggestions on where I should improve to make an acceptance more likely this coming cycle?" However, I don't want to create an impression that I'm already forfeiting hope of coming off the CAP this year. My chances might be slim (who knows...), but I'm still holding onto that shred of hope even as I prepare my reapplication 😛.
I am not currently holding any acceptances
AND Georgetown was by far my favorite among medical schools where I visited/interviewed, so I would accept an offer from them in a heartbeat. But despite my username being cheerful85, I'm also feeling at least a bit sad and demoralized that I will likely be submitting a new AMCAS application for the 2014 cycle before they start considering taking anyone off the CAP again.I have thought about asking them -- since they already know by now that I have no acceptances -- "So do you have any thoughts or suggestions on where I should improve to make an acceptance more likely this coming cycle?" However, I don't want to create an impression that I'm already forfeiting hope of coming off the CAP this year. My chances might be slim (who knows...), but I'm still holding onto that shred of hope even as I prepare my reapplication 😛.
When Georgetown staff mentioned that no wait list movement would occur until June, did they give any information about why? Are there no spots available (class full or oversubscribed) or do they just need a significant amount of time to review the wait list (or should I say "letter writer pool" 😉) to decide who they want to accept?
I am not currently holding any acceptancesAND Georgetown was by far my favorite among medical schools where I visited/interviewed, so I would accept an offer from them in a heartbeat. But despite my username being cheerful85, I'm also feeling at least a bit sad and demoralized that I will likely be submitting a new AMCAS application for the 2014 cycle before they start considering taking anyone off the CAP again.
I have thought about asking them -- since they already know by now that I have no acceptances -- "So do you have any thoughts or suggestions on where I should improve to make an acceptance more likely this coming cycle?" However, I don't want to create an impression that I'm already forfeiting hope of coming off the CAP this year. My chances might be slim (who knows...), but I'm still holding onto that shred of hope even as I prepare my reapplication 😛.
This may or may not be a reason to why they say you will not hear anything back from June, but the GEMS admission cycle ends May 31st. Also, they have SMP going on right now as well as another program, both of which I believe go through the medical school as well. Considering the entire process (app due, interview, admission) is from April - May, their schedule could be saturated with us? Not sure, I'm just trying to give you a positive reason why they said June 😀 I wish the best of luck to you!
This may or may not be a reason to why they say you will not hear anything back from June, but the GEMS admission cycle ends May 31st. Also, they have SMP going on right now as well as another program, both of which I believe go through the medical school as well. Considering the entire process (app due, interview, admission) is from April - May, their schedule could be saturated with us? Not sure, I'm just trying to give you a positive reason why they said June 😀 I wish the best of luck to you!
Thanks! I am going to choose to believe for the moment (whether it's true or not) that administrating their many other programs is what's delaying the CAP list review. 😀
Good luck to all GEMS, SMP, and other post-bac/masters applicants/attendees!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know how many guests each student can bring to the White Coat ceremony?
Wondering if there is gonna be any CAP movement this year for those not in the SMP....
You and me both. Fingers crossed 🙂Wondering if there is gonna be any CAP movement this year for those not in the SMP....
How many of us are on this CAP list anyway? 😀
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K
