You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2025-2026 Georgetown
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
yes this is a regular interview but many people are put on hold or WL after their interview until closer to the end of the cycle, don't let it discourage you.Just received my interview invite, interviewing Jan 9. I assume they won’t interview just for the waitlist, no? In theory, if we’re interviewing we have a shot at getting in straight?
Out of State btw
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No; don't worry! It's still a little early to submit a letter of intent/letter or interest, but if you have not heard back by early spring, try this. Do NOT submit this to more than one school because it's a small world, but it works sometimes.
Good luck to everybody!
Good luck to everybody!
shinymagikarp
Full Member
R wave coming through! OOS R just now, complete 8/9
peanutbutterlady
Full Member
OOS R 🙁 depressing
nontradmedic95
35 secondaries submitted, wallet empty.
OOS R submitted 8/6
is georgetown done sending interviews
is georgetown done sending interviews
Ugh ok thanks
I was rejected this year, but I interviewed at Gtown last year and got my invite middle of January, and there were a solid 15-20 people that interviewed that same week, so I'd say it's not over if it's similar to last year
MsLeafpool
Full Member
pre-II OOS R oof
swin10fish
New Member
nothing better than getting rejected at your Alma matter with stats above their averages!! <3
AcceptedInJesusNameAMEN
Full Member
OOS R
So sorry to hear this. For all of yall who got rejected, do you mind sharing when you applied?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
AcceptedInJesusNameAMEN
Full Member
complete 8/24So sorry to hear this. For all of yall who got rejected, do you mind sharing when you applied?
D
deleted1216180
Interviewed end of October and nothing yet ):anyone who interviewed in October hear anything? I know they said 10-14 weeks but just curious
Gtown is not very generous. They do not provide merit scholarships, but do occasionally provide need based. We have the 5th highest average debt for a reason.Do you know if gtown provides any need based or merit scholarships?
JPace24
Healthcare Finance Bro by Day, Applicant by Night.
They said it could take anywhere from 9-12 weeks for my interview group, so sit tight.Interviewed in early October and have not heard back. Does this mean a rejection ?
zestyzesty
Full Member
interviwered 10/7 got WL on 11/24
D
deleted1216180
Wow it seems like a few people here heard back around 7 weeks!interviwered 10/7 got WL on 11/24
m00nwalk3r
New Member
+1 OOS WL interviewed Oct 7
ryliecahill2
New Member
Any tips for getting off WL so early?OOS A after being waitlisted in November! 😊
b0ldlygo
Full Member
I submitted a letter of interest about a week after being WLedAny tips for getting off WL so early?
coffeelover2025
New Member
How did you feel about your interview? General question for all of those who interviewed and then were waitlisted or rejected. Trying to see if generally how people are feeling post-interview is indicative of the decision+1 OOS WL interviewed Oct 7
I was very sure I would be rejected post II.How did you feel about your interview? General question for all of those who interviewed and then were waitlisted or rejected. Trying to see if generally how people are feeling post-interview is indicative of the decision
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
coffeelover2025
New Member
How did you feel about your interview?OOS A yesterday at 12:45 PM
D
deleted1216180
Congrats! When did you interview?OOS A yesterday at 12:45 PM
waitingforgodot
New Member
+1 IS pre-II R
Gtown whyyyyyyyy
+1 OOS Pre-II R
+1 OOS Pre-II R
Can second thisIt was very chill and conversational
helpmegetthroughthis
Full Member
Does anyone know how many people get off the waitlist in previous years?
coffeelover2025
New Member
Has anyone heard back from the mid-October interviews?
D
deleted1216180
10/24 and still nothing yet ):
JPace24
Healthcare Finance Bro by Day, Applicant by Night.
10/17 nothing back yet.Has anyone heard back from the mid-October interviews?
letter of interest or letter of intent? this information may be useful to me in 3-5 weeks when I finally hear back...I submitted a letter of interest about a week after being WLed
D
deleted1216180
You can only send one letter of intent so send that if Georgetown is your #1 choice but also you’ll lose any financial leverage since you’re saying you’ll attend nobody matter what (but I think they’re not good on aid anyways).letter of interest or letter of intent? this information may be useful to me in 3-5 weeks when I finally hear back...
D
deleted1220694
Interviewed 10/16 and received WL notification last week. I decided to decline however, since I had another acceptance already. Best of luck for y'all!Has anyone heard back from the mid-October interviews?
i'll see yg in a few weeks; interviewed mid-November, so I'll hopefull be back with a (positive) decision in January. Manifesting As for us all
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
JPace24
Healthcare Finance Bro by Day, Applicant by Night.
I interviewed 10/17 and it has been complete radio silence. Hoping for some news. Any news.Interviewed 10/16 and received WL notification last week. I decided to decline however, since I had another acceptance already. Best of luck for y'all!
sockscat19
Full Member
if I interviewed 10/29, do you think I can still send an update letter this week or is it too late? they told us 10-14 weeks for a decision during my interview
I don’t see why you wouldn’t send it in. Good luck!if I interviewed 10/29, do you think I can still send an update letter this week or is it too late? they told us 10-14 weeks for a decision during my interview
diordiorjacket
New Member
Are the thresholds for need-based scholarships public anywhere? I couldn't find it online. Also, I feel like I hear the gtown's facilities aren't super great. Do you agree/feel like the effects affect your experience there?Gtown is not very generous. They do not provide merit scholarships, but do occasionally provide need based. We have the 5th highest average debt for a reason.
Fruitjuice
New Member
Is there a GroupMe for admitted students?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K