2025-2026 Georgetown

Started by chilly_md
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Are the thresholds for need-based scholarships public anywhere? I couldn't find it online. Also, I feel like I hear the gtown's facilities aren't super great. Do you agree/feel like the effects affect your experience there?
I’m not exactly sure if there even is a threshold. I know regardless they don’t give much. However, while they don’t have merit-based scholarships, there are some “need-based” donor funds that they will give out on a case by case basis. Not exactly sure selection criteria for this either, but likely whatever fits the donor funds criteria. I would just assume you won’t get fin aid.

Regarding facilities, you won’t be coming here for the fancy buildings and state of the art classrooms. I only come to campus when absolutely necessary, so it doesn’t bother me all that much. People always mention the facilities thing, which they are right that our facilities low key suck, but honestly at the end of the day you don’t learn better just cause you’re in a cool looking space. So to answer your question, yes they suck but no I don’t feel the effects, still get what I need out of it.
 
Last edited:
Is there a GroupMe for admitted students?
If there isn’t one, I highly recommend making one and throwing it in here. We started one last year and it made a hell of a difference. We knew of each other before first meeting and were able to coordinate meet ups and find roommates. Also now that we are in school, we use it nearly daily to ask questions, share resources, schedule study sessions, etc. If you make it, I’m happy to join and answer everyone’s questions!!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So... did they just forget about us or are they doing something new where they drop a truth nuke for like 8 different interview weeks at once?
 
So... did they just forget about us or are they doing something new where they drop a truth nuke for like 8 different interview weeks at once?
interviewed very early December. they said 10-12 weeks then to be fair, and kept emphasizing their "extensive review" that takes time. I'm not expecting until late February to march tbh
 
interviewed very early December. they said 10-12 weeks then to be fair, and kept emphasizing their "extensive review" that takes time. I'm not expecting until late February to march tbh
I Interviewed 10/17 and its been radio silence here
 
interviewed very early December. they said 10-12 weeks then to be fair, and kept emphasizing their "extensive review" that takes time. I'm not expecting until late February to march tbh
Unfortunately it’s now over 12 weeks for me…
 
Hey team, looks like they are sending out a wave of acceptances. Maybe we'll hear some good news.
 
do they typically send them all at once or are they spaced out
I have no clue but one of the acceptances on admit told me he interviewed 10/21 (I interviewed 10/17). Looks like they are accepting high stat applicants right now
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interviewed 10/24 and still haven’t heard anything 😭 Are they trickling in?
 
Did anyone who interviewed on 10/24 or that week not hear back? ): Getting nervous cause it seems like everyone who interviewed that week got their decision this week…
 
Does GUSOM call to tell you that you've been taken off the waitlist? I'm getting conflicting information looking around.
 
Has anyone who interviewed Oct 28-Nov 7 heard back yet? trying to gauge when i might hear back since Feb 3 or 10 seems like the likely next date of decisions
 
to the people still waiting for decisions, what was the timetable they gave regarding decisions? i interviewed in january and they said decisions would come 8-10 weeks post-interview, so just wondering for those who interviewed before then!
 
this week is the week... hopefully
Sad Emoji GIF
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone know what percentage-ish get off the WL?
its kinda unclear; some ppl have alr been accepted off the WL tho. There's no data on MSAR, however Cycletrack claims ~17% were accepted off waitlist. It is worth noting cycletrack applicants only have a 28% post-II A rate from georgetown despite the actual A rate being closer to 40%.
 
Is there an accepted students gc? I was recently accepted off the waitlist! <3 I submitted a letter of interest and heard back like 3 weeks later. interviewed in september lolll
 
For those who got an A, should those of us still waiting be looking for an email or a call? If it’s a call is it just the standard admissions office line? I want to save it as a contact so it doesn’t get filtered as spam.
 
Dear Georgetown,
Please don't skip another week. I might go crazy. Decide my fate on Monday or Tuesday. Free me from your chains, it's nearing 14 weeks.
Best,
Double_Pinner
 
haven't gotten my decision, but it definitely is taking/will take longer than 14 weeks if you interviewed somewhere between 11/7 and 11/14
update: Since it doesn't seem like we are getting any decisions this week its gonna be a minimum of over a 100 days post II that I get my decision

Sad Lugubrious GIF
 
update: Since it doesn't seem like we are getting any decisions this week its gonna be a minimum of over a 100 days post II that I get my decision

Sad Lugubrious GIF
Have you reached out to admissions yet? It’s already past the timeline they gave during the interview, so it wouldn’t hurt to check in. I’m sure they wouldn’t mind and could give you a clearer idea of when to expect a decision.
 
Have you reached out to admissions yet? It’s already past the timeline they gave during the interview, so it wouldn’t hurt to check in. I’m sure they wouldn’t mind and could give you a clearer idea of when to expect a decision.
This is one of my two interviews, so I'm quite worried about making them think I'm impatient. I'd rather not take the risk since I don't have very many options/good odds
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey all! Not an adcom, but also someone who interviewed later (in December). I just wanted to say that aside from sending an update letter, there is very little we can do post-interview! If at all possible, I would try to "control the controllables" and recognize that things are truly out of your hands! I have found so much relief from switch my mindset from obsessively checking sdn to checking it once a week and not giving my mental energy into what my decision is or when it's going to come. Happy to talk to anyone else about this if needed through DMs! Wishing you all the best of luck!!
 
Have you reached out to admissions yet? It’s already past the timeline they gave during the interview, so it wouldn’t hurt to check in. I’m sure they wouldn’t mind and could give you a clearer idea of when to expect a decision.
^^^ has anyone tried reaching out who's past their admission result release date?