2012-2013 Georgetown University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How many of us are on this CAP list anyway? :D
Not sure. I'm just hoping we hear something this week. All my friends and family keep asking me. As the weeks go on, it sounds more and more like I'm lying to them :)

Members don't see this ad.

hahah dont worry we are all in that same boat..ive been asked every month and i keep saying next month next month

hahah dont worry we are all in that same boat..ive been asked every month and i keep saying next month next month
(Laugh).... I got a good feeling about this week. I've said that before though. Good luck to all.

Members don't see this ad :)
any word from the admissions committee guys???

So I just talked to Ms. Sullivan....she said acceptances were sent out from the letter writer's pool in late May and she imagines Dr. O'Donnell will review the pool again but she is not sure when.

So I just talked to Ms. Sullivan....she said acceptances were sent out from the letter writer's pool in late May and she imagines Dr. O'Donnell will review the pool again but she is not sure when.
Dang. Thanks for the update

Damn. Was it just to SMP people, or did she not specify??

Dang. Thanks for the update

Damn. Was it just to SMP people, or did she not specify??

She specified letter writer's group... so maybe SMP folks could also be in the letter writer's pool? However after looking at some previous posts, it seems like many of the SMP folks got directly admitted without being CAP'd, so I guess acceptances were sent out from the same group we should all be in :(

I've sent in 6 letters and it's discouraging that I haven't heard something yet / may never hear anything :-\

thats weird that no one on sdn got accepted from CAP list..or they just didnt mention it..im not really going to hold my breath anymore and just start moving forward with other school

Does anyone know the formula Georgetown uses when calculating undergraduate GPA and graduate GPA?

Really a shame not much waitlist movement occurred here. Would have loved the opportunity to go here. :(

Really a shame not much waitlist movement occurred here. Would have loved the opportunity to go here. :(

+1, on Facebook they already have 243 members, idk how many more they can accept!

Hey everyone! I'm going to be an MS1 at GW next year and haven't had any luck finding a roommate so far so I thought I'd see if any Georgetown med students were in a similar situation. Sorry if this post is off topic.

I've found a place around the intersection of California and 18th in the Kalorama neighbourhood (right by DuPont Circle and Woodley Park). It's a 2 bedroom, 2 (full) bathroom place with parking available. It's got central AC, hardwood floors, washer/dryer, and is spacious. The asking rent is $1600/month (water included/electricity not included) and the lease wouldn't start until August. If anyone is still looking for a place feel free to email me at [email protected] and we can try and figure something out. Again, sorry if this post is out of place!

Last edited:
Would anyone be able to post the questions on the Md/PhD secondary application? Thanks in advance to anyone who is willing/able to provide the prompt!

Status
Not open for further replies.