2025-2026 Georgetown

Started by chilly_md
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys, I interviewed back in November, and was waitlisted back in March. I submitted a letter of intent like maybe a week after that decision. I'm wondering if now would be a good time to submit another one just to show my continued interest even though I don't really have any significant updates since the last letter. Thanks!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys, I interviewed back in November, and was waitlisted back in March. I submitted a letter of intent like maybe a week after that decision. I'm wondering if now would be a good time to submit another one just to show my continued interest even though I don't really have any significant updates since the last letter. Thanks!
Yes!! Georgetown loves their updates letters!! Keep sending until you get accepted!!
 
Hey guys. Current M1 here who got off the waitlist the first week of May after sending 3 post-interview letters (two updates, letter of intent). I would definitely recommend sending letters of interest/intent, as a lot of my friends here got off the waitlist by doing the same. If I remember correctly, there usually is a big wave of waitlist movement in April - mid-May, so definitely shoot your shot!
 
Yes!! Georgetown loves their updates letters!! Keep sending until you get accepted!!
Just out of curiosity for anyone sending multiple letters with no real updates, what are you including in the letters? I feel like there are only so many ways to say you're interested in their school and at some point it just becomes repetitive
 
Just out of curiosity for anyone sending multiple letters with no real updates, what are you including in the letters? I feel like there are only so many ways to say you're interested in their school and at some point it just becomes repetitive
I’ve only sent in stuff with actual updates. If you were an adcom would you want to read meaningless “updates?” I wouldn’t lol.
 
did everybody else receive the “waitlist review is currently ongoing” email? also, how do we know if our letter was actually submitted in the portal? i’m assuming the “this page is complete” in green at the top of the page signifies submission right?
 
did everybody else receive the “waitlist review is currently ongoing” email? also, how do we know if our letter was actually submitted in the portal? i’m assuming the “this page is complete” in green at the top of the page signifies submission right?
yeah i enjoyed that email notification jumpscare. And i think you are correct submission wise
 
Unlikely. They're running slightly behind schedule this year (like most other med schools). If I were to guess when movement is gonna happen:

Last year last post-II decisions happened on Monday April 7th and WL was pulled 2 weeks later on Tuesday April 22nd.

This year last post-II decisions were on Friday April 10th, about 4 business days behind last year.

Most likely first WL movement will be somewhere between Friday April 24th and Friday May 1st (if they release decisions at a similar timeframe to last year or 2023 and NOT 2024)
 
Last edited:
Accepted off WL just now!! Waiting for their follow up with financial aid to know better how this changes things - but good to know for folks that calls seem to be coming
 
Accepted off WL just now!! Waiting for their follow up with financial aid to know better how this changes things - but good to know for folks that calls seem to be coming
Congrats. Did they call you or email you? When did you get WL and submit the letter of interest/intent?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Honestly getting any decisions right now would be incredibly stressful. You would have to make a massive decision in 3 days about where to spend the next 4 years of your life without even seeing the location or carefully considering all your options.
 
I feel ya. You had a pretty good prediction of the movement tho. Whatever date you think theyll drop next i pray we both get off
Since they released round 1 of WL decisions on April 27, 4 business days later than last year (and last round of post-II decisions also 4 business days later), it stands to reason round two of WL decisions will also be 4 business days later. (or just two weeks after round 1 of WL decisions, either one gives you the same answer).

See you either on Friday, May 8th or Monday, May 11th! Hopefully, we all get good news.
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1 A, I can't believe their financial aid deadlines were all the way back in early Feb before some of us had even interviewed, as all of my other financial aid packages happened after getting accepted/later into the cycle
 
does anybody have any insight into how many more acceptance waves we should be expecting? can’t imagine it being more than 2 based on previous sdn threads?
I have a friend that got off their waitlist a few weeks ago. As of last week, there were 120 people in the GroupMe. With a class size of ~200, hopefully there will be a lot more movement, but I'm not sure how much we can generalize from GroupMe size. It also appears like waitlist movement winds down by end of May/early June based on threads from the last 2 years. Hopefully we get significant movement on Monday. Manifesting As for us all next week 🙂
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Rip I'm giving up. goodbye SDN I'll maybe see you next cycle. good luck to the rest of you, I think georgetown isn't having as much WL movement as previous cycles. I hope I'm wrong
NOOOO! Check admit.org, there's been a lot of movement today. At this point I'm rooting for you more than I'm rooting for myself 🙂.
 
NOOOO! Check admit.org, there's been a lot of movement today. At this point I'm rooting for you more than I'm rooting for myself 🙂.
Screenshot 2026-05-11 at 12.16.21 PM.png
Screenshot 2026-05-11 at 12.16.32 PM.png

I meant relative to last cycle, (which had 1-2 end of May As), the distribution of As was much more skewed in favor of May (albeit, with about half the sample size). I appreciate the well-wishes, and I hope you end up wherever you feel most at home. I just don't want to keep track anymore I'm going to focus on next year now