You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2012-2013 Stanford University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Sorry to ask this question, but for those who received rejections by snail mail, is there any change on the website (either before or after the mail)? And for those who got interviews (congrats), any change on the website? Thanks
I received an interview and the website changed the same day.
Anyone who interviewed on October 26 hear back today?
It'll be my turn next...so nervous.
It'll be my turn next...so nervous.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone who interviewed on October 26 hear back today?
It'll be my turn next...so nervous.
Nope.
I am dying to know this, too. Did anyone get a call? I'd rather have my heart broken sooner than later, so let me know if any of you did, please 🙁
Last edited:
Sry to add to the anxiety...but did anyone hear back today?
Sry to add to the anxiety...but did anyone hear back today?
The first reported acceptance for the 10/3 group was on a Sunday, so perhaps it's not always Fridays! Otherwise, those that were called are hiding it pretty well...
II 12/10/12. Complete 9/15/12. I didn't see this one coming! So excited!!
Same, although I was complete like back in August, and with only one day to choose from...in March...I hope they have spots still open by then
I wonder if these IIs mean a round of rejection letters are on their way out also
Isn't March pretty much the last day of interviews? I would think all of them are going out soon 🙁
My undergrad showing me some love! II today, complete mid-august, interview scheduled for Feb 13th.
My undergrad showing me some love! II today, complete mid-august, interview scheduled for Feb 13th.
Congrats
Noticed that Stanford claims to send interview till February. Guess there's some hope still.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My undergrad showing me some love! II today, complete mid-august, interview scheduled for Feb 13th.
Dang, guess they really do limit the options for some people, February would've been nice
During the MMI are we allowed to bring a pen and paper to take notes?
Nope. You've got to leave EVERYTHING outside of the interview place. Nothing allowed in. Practice organizing your thoughts in your head. I'm a very visual person and not being able to jot down what I'm thinking was a big challenge for me. Good luck!
Nope. You've got to leave EVERYTHING outside of the interview place. Nothing allowed in. Practice organizing your thoughts in your head. I'm a very visual person and not being able to jot down what I'm thinking was a big challenge for me. Good luck!
🙁
to be quite honest, if it's a typical MMI style thing, you really dont have any time to jot things down anyway.
Did you send the e-mail to [email protected]? I'm also going to be in San Francisco, and it would be nice to kill two birds with one stone. ThanksSo I emailed last week with an in the area letter for January... Just got an II this morning! Complete 10/2. There were no dates for January sadly, but I had the option of Feb 13 or 22. Could have had March also but didn't check that month. The 22nd worked better with my work schedule so I selected that.
I don't know if the email helped at all but it definitely didn't hurt! Don't know if they'll still offer II but just for all of those who were wondering. They actually never responded to my email, the next correspondence I got was the II this am. Good luck to you all!
Any 10/26 interviewees hear back yet? I was trying to not post this, but I can't help it. Trying to figure out when I might hear back...
Any 10/26 interviewees hear back yet? I was trying to not post this, but I can't help it. Trying to figure out when I might hear back...
Not yet. Stanford has been a lifelong dream and it is so difficult to wait!

I'm not sure if interviewees are allowed to answer this, because of the NDA, but I was wondering, do the MMI questions include those typical med school questions or are they entirely different? Will we be getting questions like "Why medicine? Why Stanford? Explain your most favorite extracurricular activity etc...??"
Just trying to figure out what I need to or not need to prepare for my interview in January.
Just trying to figure out what I need to or not need to prepare for my interview in January.
Not yet. Stanford has been a lifelong dream and it is so difficult to wait!![]()
If it's taking this long, I'm going to guess that maybe the Stanford AdCom postponed their meeting...so maybe they'll go over the 10/26 group this Thursday? Just a guess... I wish you guys lots of luck!
I'm not sure if interviewees are allowed to answer this, because of the NDA, but I was wondering, do the MMI questions include those typical med school questions or are they entirely different? Will we be getting questions like "Why medicine? Why Stanford? Explain your most favorite extracurricular activity etc...??"
Just trying to figure out what I need to or not need to prepare for my interview in January.
Not totally comfortable answering because of the NDA. However, I bet if you call the Admissions people they would answer this question for you. Most schools are pretty upfront about their MMI format. Stanford Admissions people are super-friendly and not one of those schools that's all like "Why are you contacting us?!"
Worst they can say is that they won't tell you.
Last edited:
The MMIs here were really quite fun, so don't stress out. I like to go in and pretend like I'm a waiter or Historian killin' it. Good luck![]()
A historian? Oh man this seems terrible, not looking forward to my MMI.
A historian? Oh man this seems terrible, not looking forward to my MMI.
Yeah the best way you can prepare for the MMI is to reread your AP US History book from high school cover to cover. And take People Skills 101 at your university
Yeah the best way you can prepare for the MMI is to reread your AP US History book from high school cover to cover. And take People Skills 101 at your university
Maybe I'm just slow. But is this a joke? I'm nervous...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah the best way you can prepare for the MMI is to reread your AP US History book from high school cover to cover. And take People Skills 101 at your university
Please be nice. I'm stressed out enough as it is.
What I do know is that the MMI will have a lot of acting involved...and I suck at impromptu acting. =(
Yeah I feel like there will be a lot of awkward moments.
I wish I practiced at another MMI interview, but alas, this is the only one.Did you send the e-mail to [email protected]? I'm also going to be in San Francisco, and it would be nice to kill two birds with one stone. Thanks
I'm wondering the same thing as I will be in Oakland at the end of Feb. Probably won't make a difference but worth a try!
Stanford loooove 😍😍
:O 10/26 interviewee? Did you get in? If yes, congrats!!!
anybody been complete since late August and still waiting to hear back?
end of July. . .
X
Last edited:
Accepted today!!!! Thank you God!!! This is the best phone call of my life!!!!!! Interviewed on 10/31. Have been dreaming of this phone call for weeks.
I keep pinching myself to make sure this is real. I'm sure I still will be tomorrow.
So grateful to God! 12/13/12, the best day ever!
I keep pinching myself to make sure this is real. I'm sure I still will be tomorrow.
So grateful to God! 12/13/12, the best day ever!
Accepted today!!!! Thank you God!!! This is the best phone call of my life!!!!!! Interviewed on 10/31. Have been dreaming of this phone call for weeks.
I keep pinching myself to make sure this is real. I'm sure I still will be tomorrow.
So grateful to God! 12/13/12, the best day ever!
Congratulations!!! 👍👍👍
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Accepted today!!!! Thank you God!!! This is the best phone call of my life!!!!!! Interviewed on 10/31. Have been dreaming of this phone call for weeks.
I keep pinching myself to make sure this is real. I'm sure I still will be tomorrow.
So grateful to God! 12/13/12, the best day ever!
congratulations!!! that's so awesome!! 🙂
Accepted today!!!! Thank you God!!! This is the best phone call of my life!!!!!! Interviewed on 10/31. Have been dreaming of this phone call for weeks.
I keep pinching myself to make sure this is real. I'm sure I still will be tomorrow.
So grateful to God! 12/13/12, the best day ever!
Is this your first choice, MD Hopeful?? I might see you next year! 🙂
Is this your first choice, MD Hopeful?? I might see you next year! 🙂
I never told anyone before since I didn't think I had a chance of getting in, but this is my first choice! 🙂 So I'll definitely see you next year!
Interviewed on 10/26, just got the letter...are all interviewees waitlisted if not accepted directly?
I was rejected directly post interview, but after being at the school I quickly learned it was not at all for me and went on to not take the MMIs too seriously so I would have rejected me too...
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K