Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks for the advice everyone! I hope the adcom thinks people ties are good ones 🙂
I would assume people ties are the second best only to actually attending or working at the school itself. Good luck!
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Thanks for the advice everyone! I hope the adcom thinks people ties are good ones 🙂
So anyone else going to the Twin Cities interview Sept 17th? I'm also wondering aloud if its the first interview date for TC...
Interview invite to Twin Cities campus. OOS. Secondary complete August 7th.

The first TC interviews were Aug 30th
idk, but that was the first date they were offering me when i got my TC interview invite email
Hey everyone!
Just wondering how long it took you all to get a secondary after verification. I've been waiting for about 20 days now and still nothing..
I'm IS and the U is one of my top choices! freaking out a little bit right now..
Hey everyone!
Just wondering how long it took you all to get a secondary after verification. I've been waiting for about 20 days now and still nothing..
I'm IS and the U is one of my top choices! freaking out a little bit right now..
Hey everyone!
Just wondering how long it took you all to get a secondary after verification. I've been waiting for about 20 days now and still nothing..
I'm IS and the U is one of my top choices! freaking out a little bit right now..
I was verified 8/27 and just got the secondary invite today. Seems like that is faster than their usual turnaround. In-state
From what has been posted on this thread and the one from last cycle, that does seem fast. Are your stats, or other aspects of your application, extra strong? It's been just over three weeks for me and no supplemental yet.
My MCAT is really strong and my GPA is about average. Activities pretty good. Still seems strange since I thought the screening they do is minimal
Hi all,
So I submitted my ACMAS yesterday (I know super late but its the best I could do right now) and I received the email asking me to choose what school about 5 hours later. I read through this thread trying to figure out if that happened to everyone else as well.
Basically I am asking if that email was an automatic email sent to everyone who applied regardless whether they get a secondary or does that mean I will get a secondary. I was prescreened already? It was just so fast I cant believe its true.
Did you guys receive confirmation emails that supplementary was complete? Or did it go submission to II?
Kalbrecht17, mind sharing when you submitted your secondary/fee? Thanks!

Twin Cities
OOS, Rejection via snail mail arrived yesterday.
![]()
There are another 25 applications out there...just need one!
Secondary was sent in 8/10, not sure on complete date. I was hoping my ties would be enough, oh well 🙂
i submitted my secondary with all my fees paid on the 17th of july. however i didn't have a letter come in until the beginning of august so idk when my file went complete for certain.
Interview invite just now as well. Complete 7/31. I will say that I am very impressed at how accomodating their admissions committee is, because I had emailed saying that I was going to be there for a family affair, and they gave me those dates as options. Thanks UMN!
Also, I used to work in the building next door, so if people need advice about getting to and from the area and navigating public transportation from the airport, PM me.
Interview invite just now at the U!
What an incredible feeling--I would absolutely love to go here... So many opportunities!
Just had my interview at the Twin Cities Campus today. A wonderful interview day overall, great tour of facilities with MS2's, relaxed small group atmosphere (we had 6 students), interview both in the morning and the afternoon was a nice format for lowering stress and getting perspective. Best of luck!
Just had my interview at the Twin Cities Campus today. A wonderful interview day overall, great tour of facilities with MS2's, relaxed small group atmosphere (we had 6 students), interview both in the morning and the afternoon was a nice format for lowering stress and getting perspective. Best of luck!
I am ready to submit my secondary, but have a question regarding the final essay question "What other pertinent information would you like to bring to the attention of the Admissions Committee? If there is none, please enter N/A."
I feel as though I have addressed my qualifications, work experience, etc. sufficiently. What is your opinion on entering N/A?
which facilities did they tour with you? Did they take you to each floor of UMMC?
The tour was much more comprehensive of the pre-clinical facilities, such ass all the classrooms, labs, study space, student lounges, and library. We did go to the hospital for lunch, which was awesome. the food was great and great views!
anyone interviewing tomorrow? lol
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.