2012-2013 University of Minnesota Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interview invite this morning via e-mail! IS reapplicant. So excited to interview again at the U of M! Complete/Submitted Secondary 8/13/12.

Members don't see this ad.

Interview invite this morning via e-mail! IS reapplicant. So excited to interview again at the U of M! Complete/Submitted Secondary 8/13/12.

Congrats! What were your date preferences? Maybe we'll be classmates, haha...

Can't wait for this weekend! Interview at the TC Friday and then watching the Gophers beat Cuse on Saturday! Hope to see some of you there!

Members don't see this ad :)
Can't wait for this weekend! Interview at the TC Friday and then watching the Gophers beat Cuse on Saturday! Hope to see some of you there!

Good luck! I wouldn't get too excited about football, haha... Do you have hockey tickets?

Good luck! I wouldn't get too excited about football, haha... Do you have hockey tickets?

As a lifer, its been a while since they were 3-0 so i'm excited. I go to UND so I don't have hockey tix. But if I get to go to the U i will definitely be getting some!

As a lifer, its been a while since they were 3-0 so i'm excited. I go to UND so I don't have hockey tix. But if I get to go to the U i will definitely be getting some!

Oh yeah, that's right... Well that'll be two of us with hockey tickets if we both get in, haha...

Haha thanks man. I picked 9/28 as my number 1 choice and then 10/4. How about you?

Mine is on 10/1 (first choice). I'm so excited to have another shot here--so many opportunities I want to capitalize on here.

Mine is on 10/1 (first choice). I'm so excited to have another shot here--so many opportunities I want to capitalize on here.

I got the interview invite email today too! My first and second choice are later in Oct. Hoping they are pretty good about scheduling first choice dates, because there was one that really worked well with my schedule!

Hey everyone, So i have my U of M Duluth Interview coming up early next week. I've only seen a few posts about the two interviews. If anyone has any additional advise for me, I'd very much appreciate it. Or if you have already had an interview, can you give me a heads up on what the major topics were that the interviewers focused on?

Hey everyone, So i have my U of M Duluth Interview coming up early next week. I've only seen a few posts about the two interviews. If anyone has any additional advise for me, I'd very much appreciate it. Or if you have already had an interview, can you give me a heads up on what the major topics were that the interviewers focused on?

Know why you want to go rural and convey that message. That will get you a long way

II just came in. Excited, love this school. OOS Wisconsin.

Members don't see this ad :)
Interview invite earlier this afternoon, so incredibly excited and thankful! This is by far my #1 choice of schools, and I'll absolutely go here if accepted! In state, complete 8/20.

Yep kalbrecht about nailed it. They focus on family medicine, specifically in rural settings, and will come back to it time and time again. Be rock solid on that and you'll be fine. Good luck!

Rejected via snail mail today. OOS, stats 3.6/32. Good luck to everyone still in the running!

TC interview review

I absolutely loved this school and everything about it. They provide many many opportunities for students to explore what they are truly passionate about. I won't sit here and drag on and on and on but if you have any specific questions feel free to pm me. Overall the people were extremely nice, the facilities I found to be awesome, the teachers/staff were helpful and friendly and very engaging with students. Really hoping I get an offer here!

Oh and the Bank was definitely an awesome experience last night! Go Gophers!!

International student with an interview invite; scared about my chances though since only two international students can be accepted.

I love Dr. Halberg! His clinic downtown is ah-mazing!

OOS (from VA), just submitted my secondary for Duluth. This was by far the best/most meaningful secondary I did! Any OOS hear any good news from the Duluth campus? Good luck to you all!

Rejected from Duluth... was really hoping to interview there. Still waiting to hear back from TC :scared:

Rejected from Duluth... was really hoping to interview there. Still waiting to hear back from TC :scared:

sorry to hear that. Best of luck with the rest of your application cycle!

Just to clarify does the U of M TC send out "application complete" emails? Or is it just the supp received & then interview invite/rejection?

Just to clarify does the U of M TC send out "application complete" emails? Or is it just the supp received & then interview invite/rejection?

Just a fee received email. Then you either wait for an interview invite or a rejection.

Think it would be silly to add this school as an OOS person? I have a fairly competitive app but I know it's kind of late at this point.

Think it would be silly to add this school as an OOS person? I have a fairly competitive app but I know it's kind of late at this point.

They're about 85% IS. so being late is gonna make it tough but if you are really competitive and want to go for it i won't be someone to tell you not to

If you don't have ties to the area, no. If you have significant ties, you could, but it's already weighted against you pretty heavily with their significant IS preferences.

Even my in-state friends who have lived here their entire lives have already begun to be rejected... Which sucks, because they would have made great classmates. :(

In any case, anyone interviewing here Monday? Look for me--I'll be the guy with the red bandana.

OOS here, haven't gotten a secondary and it's been 6 weeks since AMCAS verified. Any one else waiting? or should I assume silent rejection :(

I also got an OOS II here, but I have strong ties so who knows :/

It only costs money and time to try.

The UMN interviews only about 5.7% of their OOS applicants, and accepts only about a third of those. Definitely apply if you want, but don't get your hopes up. I know I'm not.

Does the U not give us the name of our interviewer anymore?

Does the U not give us the name of our interviewer anymore?

we got ours when we showed up for the interview which was kind of a bummer since there was no way to prepare. But it all still worked out just fine. Best of luck!!

Even my in-state friends who have lived here their entire lives have already begun to be rejected... Which sucks, because they would have made great classmates. :(

In any case, anyone interviewing here Monday? Look for me--I'll be the guy with the red bandana.

Good luck in your interview tomorrow, Turtleman! Judging from what others have said, I'm sure it will be an overall relaxed day, enjoy it! :thumbup:

Great interview day! Shout out to our ambassadors/tour guides, particularly GP for her kind words! Good luck to the other interviewees--I'd be happy to call you my classmates next year! :thumbup:

Interview invite at TC!

The more I think about it, the more and more I really want to go here! Here's to hoping the next few weeks bring me good news from my interview and best of luck to those waiting to interview or for the chance!

Status
Not open for further replies.