2025-2026 Minnesota

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks! I'm main track, September 19 was the earliest available for me, but by the time I decided to select the 19th someone had snatched it up
(a matter of minutes) so they might be going quick for the early dates. Either that or I was just really unlucky.
Yeah they probably are going quick. Their website says their interview dates are (below) so I’m wondering if this is old info or if I’m missing something.
  • October 23-24 (Thurs-Fri)
  • November 17-18 (Mon-Tues)
  • December 11-12 (Thurs-Fri)
  • January 15-16 (Thurs-Fri)
  • February 9-10 (Mon-Tues)
 
Does anybody know what the format of the questions in the supplemental video response is? Are they questions about you, or are they more like scenario-based questions?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anybody know what the format of the questions in the supplemental video response is? Are they questions about you, or are they more like scenario-based questions?
The answer is in the previous replies to this thread. It's 2 questions CASPER style.
 
Hey guys, I am a bit confused by the Humanities/Social Science (upper-level) requirement. Maybe someone could help.

At my school upper-level starts with 100-200 not 300 would those classes still count as upper-level? Also, the only upper-level humanities class I have is a human genetics society & ethics class and on their website it says "Non-STEM focus" I also have a social welfare internship class, not sure if that would work.

Do I just need to take these classes prior to potential matriculation or are they required for the application and I would just be wasting money/time submitting here?
 
Hey guys, I am a bit confused by the Humanities/Social Science (upper-level) requirement. Maybe someone could help.

At my school upper-level starts with 100-200 not 300 would those classes still count as upper-level? Also, the only upper-level humanities class I have is a human genetics society & ethics class and on their website it says "Non-STEM focus" I also have a social welfare internship class, not sure if that would work.

Do I just need to take these classes prior to potential matriculation or are they required for the application and I would just be wasting money/time submitting here?
Your best bet is asking the admission team probably. However, if 100-200 is as high as your school goes, then it would probably transfer over as an upper level. You could also put it into transferology to see what classes that would correspond with at the UMN. I'm not sure how accurate that would be but it might give you an idea. As for social welfare internship class, look at what it's labelled as on AMCAS and if that doesn't clear things up, again, I would ask the admissions team.

In the end, these are just suggestions so you should do whatever you'd feel most comfortable with, you've got this!!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For the secondary supplemental, does anyone know if the video prompts are a one shot try, and can we redo it as many times as needed?
 
Anyone have insight on the video questions? like are they abt you? or more casper-like in that they give you a scenario to talk about?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Any MD/PhD applicants hear back yet? First interview day is coming up.
 
Was wondering if anyone else is waiting for an application answer. My app was complete 8/8 (fully, Preview in, mcat in, letters in, etc), and I haven’t heard anything. Have checked portal and spam. Looking on here and admit, just seems like I should have heard something? Does anyone know if I should be worried there is something wrong or incomplete with my app I don’t know about/contact admissions office?

I definitely could just be actively neurotic but wanted to see if anyone else was in same boat.
 
Was wondering if anyone else is waiting for an application answer. My app was complete 8/8 (fully, Preview in, mcat in, letters in, etc), and I haven’t heard anything. Have checked portal and spam. Looking on here and admit, just seems like I should have heard something? Does anyone know if I should be worried there is something wrong or incomplete with my app I don’t know about/contact admissions office?

I definitely could just be actively neurotic but wanted to see if anyone else was in same boat.
In-state if it matters
 
so i just had my interview and i feel like i did really mid… they asked me a weird question and was thrown off from the get go, and i just didn’t really vibe with my interviewers (who seemed very uncoordinated and unprepared too). any notes of comfort or advice? i just feel like 30 min with only one pair of interviewers isn’t enough.
 
so i just had my interview and i feel like i did really mid… they asked me a weird question and was thrown off from the get go, and i just didn’t really vibe with my interviewers (who seemed very uncoordinated and unprepared too). any notes of comfort or advice? i just feel like 30 min with only one pair of interviewers isn’t enough.
DM'd u
 
so i just had my interview and i feel like i did really mid… they asked me a weird question and was thrown off from the get go, and i just didn’t really vibe with my interviewers (who seemed very uncoordinated and unprepared too). any notes of comfort or advice? i just feel like 30 min with only one pair of interviewers isn’t enough.
Sorry to hear it didn’t go as smooth as you hoped. I had been led to believe that interview q’s were kept to the regular expected stuff, so that’s weird to hear they threw a curveball q at you. Ive read plenty of stories of people thinking they didn't do great on the interview and then getting in, so I hope you get good news like them!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I know I am insane, but I interviewed in September and did not hear anything back yesterday, does anyone know how often they release decisions?
 
I know I am insane, but I interviewed in September and did not hear anything back yesterday, does anyone know how often they release decisions?
I also interviewed in September and haven't heard anything. Am so curious about how they will release acceptances since it doesn't seem like they accepted a ton of students on 10/15?