You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2013-2014 Florida State University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
So I guess I am on pre interview hold here
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
II this morning 🙂
Congrats! When were u complete?
Do you mind sharing your stats pls? Also, when were you complete? Thank you!
Complete 7/8...31/3.7/3.8 non-trad
What's the average turnaround time from FSU receiving your primary to extending a secondary invite?
Durrr... just received the secondary this morning.
So, with regard to the question on the secondary about your parents:
Does anyone have any insight as to how this may be used as a selection factor? My mother is no longer a part of my life, by my decision, for a litany of reasons. I'm just wondering how they would use this information in making a decision. Thoughts?
So, with regard to the question on the secondary about your parents:
For both mother and father, give the following:
Where they were raised
4-5 traits that would describe him/her to a stranger
Traits you get from him/her
Your rapport with him/her
His/her hobbies or interests
Does anyone have any insight as to how this may be used as a selection factor? My mother is no longer a part of my life, by my decision, for a litany of reasons. I'm just wondering how they would use this information in making a decision. Thoughts?
D
deleted562324
Durrr... just received the secondary this morning.
So, with regard to the question on the secondary about your parents:
Does anyone have any insight as to how this may be used as a selection factor? My mother is no longer a part of my life, by my decision, for a litany of reasons. I'm just wondering how they would use this information in making a decision. Thoughts?
FSU tends to use a "holistic" admissions process, and the secondary asks questions that facilitates that. I don't know exactly why they use that specific question, but I don't believe there is a right or wrong answer to this question. Answer honestly and be cognizant of how you present certain issues and perspectives. I doubt they would reject you because of your relationship with your mother, but how you articulate it may play a significant role in how they view your personality.
For those regular (non-EDP) applicants who have received interview invites. How long after the committee began reviewing your application did it take for you to receive an II? Thanks
A little over two weeks from application complete to II but i wouldnt worry about timeline too much because everything seems to vary in this processFor those regular (non-EDP) applicants who have received interview invites. How long after the committee began reviewing your application did it take for you to receive an II? Thanks
weak MCAT. below 27. GPA 3.7/3.8 instate. completed 9/6 interview 9/30
weak MCAT. below 27. GPA 3.7/3.8 instate. completed 9/6 interview 9/30
Giving me some hope, the only issue with me is that my primary app. had so many grammar and spelling issues.
Praying for an interview and acceptance from FSU.
A little over two weeks from application complete to II but i wouldnt worry about timeline too much because everything seems to vary in this process
I see, yeah I understand that the process isn't as linear as one would hope. Gotta keep waiting.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Wow flights into Tally are so expensive!!
Take the Greyhound.
The interview was great! The school is wonderful and the medical students are very encouraging.
They really do look at the entire applicationGiving me some hope, the only issue with me is that my primary app. had so many grammar and spelling issues.
Praying for an interview and acceptance from FSU.
Congrats! Mind sharing some of your ECs?weak MCAT. below 27. GPA 3.7/3.8 instate. completed 9/6 interview 9/30
Lots of medical jobs where I was exposed to the medical field. Undergrad research, TA, and community service. Just be yourself and show how much you care for your community.Congrats! Mind sharing some of your ECs?
I just received an II the other day, and I'm scheduled for 10/11. Could anyone provide a little insight on what the interviews are like? I know that there are two one-on-one interviews, but are the blind or open? Thanks for the help!
I just received an II the other day, and I'm scheduled for 10/11. Could anyone provide a little insight on what the interviews are like? I know that there are two one-on-one interviews, but are the blind or open? Thanks for the help!
Just a quick question, how long did it take for you to receive an email confirming your interview date after you emailed your request? Thank you!!!
Also, I believe on the website it mentions that the interviews are open.
Just a quick question, how long did it take for you to receive an email confirming your interview date after you emailed your request? Thank you!!!
Also, I believe on the website it mentions that the interviews are open.
It took just a few hours for me...
D
deleted547339
Take the Greyhound.
Don't take greyhound....
Don't take greyhound....
I took the greyhound to Dothan Alabama from west palm beach and I find it to be okay. Clean, did not stink and there was wifi
Congrats on your interview. You are giving my lot of hope. My MCAT is 28 VR-7, PS-11, BS-10. Can u please share your individual scores?
Not applying yet, but I just visited the campus for dean's day yesterday and loved everything about the place! I wasn't planning to make may in-state schools high on the list, but I'm sold otherwise now. Great faculty, from what I saw, nice students, and the facilities were swanky.
Also saw the MS1's decorated room and it was pretty much the best thing in the entire world ever. Space~
Also saw the MS1's decorated room and it was pretty much the best thing in the entire world ever. Space~
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Would anyone be so kind as to post the secondary prompts? 😀😀😀
Been playing the waiting game with amcas processing and wanted to get a jump start on some of my top schools.
Same as last year prompts.
Are those who interviewed already supposed to hear back today??
Same here. (HOLD) on my account but no email.
interviewed 9/30. Accepted this morning!!!! FSU COM CLASS OF 2018


interviewed 9/30. Accepted this morning!!!! FSU COM CLASS OF 2018![]()
Congrats!!!!! 🙂
thank youCongrats!!!!! 🙂
Well they finally sent an email letting me know I'm on hold. Is anyone familiar with how this process works specifically at FSU? Any success stories? I've heard about people from the wait list getting accepted but they were always really late in the cycle
Well they finally sent an email letting me know I'm on hold. Is anyone familiar with how this process works specifically at FSU? Any success stories? I've heard about people from the wait list getting accepted but they were always really late in the cycle
Are you post-interview?
.
Last edited:
interviewed 9/30. Accepted this morning!!!! FSU COM CLASS OF 2018![]()
congrats man! stats?
Are you post-interview?
Yes. Interviewed 9/30
Weak but balanced MCAT, 3.8, instatecongrats man! stats?
Would anyone mind telling me what they mean by significant traveling experience. I want to make sure that I'm not reading into it too much. Can i list personal travel? Thanks!
Last edited:
Yes. Interviewed 9/30
MS-3 Here.
Unfortunately I can't tell you much that you don't already know. Typically they finish the interview season and offer acceptances. As with most schools, they offer more acceptances than they have seats because they expect to be turned down by a number of students that are attending other schools. The committee then begins looking at the on-hold list and offering acceptances to students at the top of the list. In the past students at the top of the hold list have received emails later in the cycle notifying them of their high rank on the list. However, I am not sure if they will do that this season. The positive news is because of FSU's summer start all the hoopla is taken care of in April/May, so on hold applicants will know about their status before the start of the next AMCAS season if they are forced to reapply. As some schools will waitlist students leading them along until the end of the summer as they hold out hope for acceptance that never comes missing the opportunity to begin a new AMCAS app.
Hope this was helpful. Let me know if you have any other questions.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just an M1 but awesome school, treat their students like gold. If you have been waiting a few weeks and haven't heard back, make sure your application really is complete including picture sent in. FSU is very patient-centered in their mission and that translates into being person-centered for their admits. So, don't worry about less-than-stellar MCATs. Good luck to everyone!
No, as long as you have the pre-reqs, apply.
Did not realize we needed a picture.
How and where do we send in a picture?
I am reviewing the whole app and don't see a place to place my picture.
How and where do we send in a picture?
I am reviewing the whole app and don't see a place to place my picture.
Did not realize we needed a picture.
How and where do we send in a picture?
I am reviewing the whole app and don't see a place to place my picture.
You have to email it in - I am not sure of the link. Last year I submitted and waited 4 weeks, emailed saying I wanted to verify my app was complete including picture (because I couldn't remember if I had sent it in), no response, so a week later I sent in my pic and within two days was invited for an interview. I think they were waiting to see if I was really concerned or interested enough to follow through on my own. The email inviting you to the secondary app should have some information about who to email the picture to.