2013-2014 Temple University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got back from speaking to the admissions office -- dress for second look is business casual/casual.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Wow that's interesting that all of y'all February interviewees didn't hear anything.
I interviewed 2/20 and got waitlisted two weeks later. Hopefully no news is good news!

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow that's interesting that all of y'all February interviewees didn't hear anything.
I interviewed 2/20 and got waitlisted two weeks later. Hopefully no news is good news!
Where you waitlisted by email?

Where you waitlisted by email?

Snail mail actually. It was really fast too lol
I didn't expect anything for a while, but it came March 5th I believe. Something like that anyway.

Snail mail actually. It was really fast too lol
I didn't expect anything for a while, but it came March 5th I believe. Something like that anyway.
Thanks for letting me know

Just interviewed this past Wed. (3/26) and will be out of country the next week. If I do get a call about an acceptance next Wed (4/2), will they leave a message? Anyone miss the call? Just curious.

--

Wrong thread. sorry!

Just interviewed this past Wed. (3/26) and will be out of country the next week. If I do get a call about an acceptance next Wed (4/2), will they leave a message? Anyone miss the call? Just curious.

I'm pretty sure they just email you if you're accepted and follow that up with an official letter via snail mail.

Hi, I interviewed March 26th and got my "alternate admissions" decision last night. Pretty nervous I'm not going to get accepted :/ Temple is my top school.

Hey guys, is anyone able to view their financial aid on tuportal?

Hey guys, is anyone able to view their financial aid on tuportal?

I can't. It says I've submitted the FAFSA but that's it. The financial aid section of the admissions website implies they'll email us with our financial aid info when it's available. Hoping we'll hear something sooner rather than later!

Members don't see this ad :)
I can't. It says I've submitted the FAFSA but that's it. The financial aid section of the admissions website implies they'll email us with our financial aid info when it's available. Hoping we'll hear something sooner rather than later!
Thanks for the reply, Elewynne. I do hope so as well.

Hi, I interviewed March 26th and got my "alternate admissions" decision last night. Pretty nervous I'm not going to get accepted :/ Temple is my top school.

I appreciate you sharing but I notice your tag says pre-pharmacy. Did you interview at Temple medical school or the pharmacy school? thank you.

withdrew my acceptance...hope it goes to one of you!

Reactions: 1 users
I just received an interview invite after being complete in October. Does anyone know if there is a chance that they are still accepting outright or should I count on this being an interview for the wait list? There were only two more interview dates, this coming week and the following, in case anyone wanted to know.

Just got an interview invite here. I will be withdrawing as I have been fortunate enough to be accepted to my top choice. Hopefully it goes to someone who needs it, best of luck!

Complete in September still hasn't gotten neither a rejection nor an interview...

Does anyone know if there has been any movement on the wait-list yet?

Actually yes!
So my school just had this pre-med fair where schools come and set up booths so pre-med students can get information about their school and such.
My best friend stopped by the Temple booth, and the lady told her the waitlist was surprisingly moving already (and normally it isn't).
Let's hope for some good news soon!

Actually yes!
So my school just had this pre-med fair where schools come and set up booths so pre-med students can get information about their school and such.
My best friend stopped by the Temple booth, and the lady told her the waitlist was surprisingly moving already (and normally it isn't).
This is great news, thanks!! Keeping my fingers crossed

Just wondering: has anyone submitted a letter of update recently through the secondary application? If so, is there any indication that they have processed the update? I looked through "my materials" and "supplemental materials", and I couldn't find any confirmation that my update was added to my file. Thanks!

Just wondering: has anyone submitted a letter of update recently through the secondary application? If so, is there any indication that they have processed the update? I looked through "my materials" and "supplemental materials", and I couldn't find any confirmation that my update was added to my file. Thanks!

I sent updates earlier in the cycle and recently...I don't think there is anyway to check if they received the materials via the online portal. I guess
you just have to hope they got it?

I sent updates earlier in the cycle and recently...I don't think there is anyway to check if they received the materials via the online portal. I guess
you just have to hope they got it?
All right. Hope for the best! Thanks!

Actually yes!

???
During my interview, they told us they don't look at the waitlist until after 5/15...

???
During my interview, they told us they don't look at the waitlist until after 5/15...

Maybe they've already had to look at it? People are likely already making decisions. I think they said that because typically in the past it doesn't really move until then.
Not sure! That's just what the lady told my friend lol
Doesn't mean it's true I guess.

Maybe they've already had to look at it? People are likely already making decisions. I think they said that because typically in the past it doesn't really move until then.
Not sure! That's just what the lady told my friend lol
Doesn't mean it's true I guess.

Last year there was no movement off the waitlist, so I'd be very wary of your friend's report.

Last year there was no movement off the waitlist, so I'd be very wary of your friend's report.

I know that, but that's exactly why the lady said, "it hasn't moved in the past years, so this was surprising."
It may not be true, but that's what she said lol

I know that, but that's exactly why the lady said, "it hasn't moved in the past years, so this was surprising."
It may not be true, but that's what she said lol

LOL It's particularly surprising since people were reporting getting IIs even last week and people who have interviewed 1.5+months ago still haven't heard back.

I mean very true lol
It's very possible the lady didn't know what she was talking about, but I was just reporting what I was told.

When I interviewed, the lady said that the "no movement on the waitlist" thing happens once every 10 years and assured us that there will be movement

When I interviewed, the lady said that the "no movement on the waitlist" thing happens once every 10 years and assured us that there will be movement

Yes she said something similar during mine! So let's just keep our fingers crossed. :)

any acceptances lately? I feel like we're due for a batch

I spoke to the admissions office yesterday and asked when people who interviewed in early April should hear back. She stated that we should hear back soon as they are trying to wrap up decisions. I hope I hear positive news soon, because I really liked this school.

Good luck to those waiting to hear back and those on the waitlist!

I spoke to the admissions office yesterday and asked when people who interviewed in early April should hear back. She stated that we should hear back soon as they are trying to wrap up decisions. I hope I hear positive news soon, because I really liked this school.

Good luck to those waiting to hear back and those on the waitlist!

Any word on people who interviewed in late February? LOL. I kind of get the feeling that after mid February they just stopped meeting and decided they'd reconvene once everyone had been interviewed, but who really knows.

Any word on people who interviewed in late February? LOL. I kind of get the feeling that after mid February they just stopped meeting and decided they'd reconvene once everyone had been interviewed, but who really knows.

I didn't ask about earlier interviews, but from the sound of things it seems as if they are trying to make all post-interview decisions soon if you haven't received one yet. On my interview day they did state that the admissions committee was meeting most Fridays still for decisions, but who knows how things are actually going? Hang in there!

Continuing candidates letter today...interviewed in February.

I have a question for accepted students:

On the 2014-2015 HSC Graduate Enrollment Data Sheet, what number of credits did you enter for the fall 2014 and spring 2015 semesters? I looked up the IC for 2014-2015 year but nothing is credit based.

Thank you!

EDIT: The answer is "Full Time" as per Temple's Financial Services Dept.

Last edited:
Continuing candidates letter received today. Interviewed 3/20. In-state applicant, 31 MCAT 3.65 CUM GPA

So...anyone on the waitlist hear anything yet, or is it still too early?

In any case, only two more weeks!:claps:

Withdrew from WL 5/1
GL to everyone waiting on a final decision

This is from last year's cycle.
It seems they haven't changed it since 2011, so I think you could assume it would be quite similar this year..
But if anyone who applied this year could confirm that would be great!

What is the nature of your special interest in Temple University School of Medicine?

How do you anticipate contributing to the TUSM community?

If you indicated St. Luke's Regional Campus or one of our clinical campuses (Crozer-Chester Medical Center, Geisinger Health System, or West Penn Allegheny Health System) as your first choice, please describe the nature of your special interest. Otherwise, please type N/A to continue.

What are your plans for the current year- June 2012 until June 2013?
Hi:
Do you know the number of characters/words allowed for each question? Thanks.

minimum 0

maximum infinity

:)

(There's no min or max)

Hi everyone. Just thought I'd share my experience. Submitted AMCAS to Temple mid Nov, and the secondary 2 days later. I wrote very honestly and candidly. Got interview invite in Jan and interviewed 1/21. Received acceptance email Feb 7(?). Heading to St. Luke's. Quick background...grew up in suburbs of Philly, completed first two years at Moravian College in Bethlehem then transferred to University of Colorado. Good stats.